News Dana: Masvidal vs Leon is happening

Makes sense for both guys, no point in Leon sitting out for so many months. Its not fully confimed but looks like thats what Dana wants next for both guys

Finally, Leon can humiliate the sucker puncher.

Dana wearing a SD shirt. It´s finally happening!!

shit-cool.gif

Leon looked fantastic against Nate. Styled on his ass....its a shame people only like to remember how Nate almost knocked him out BUT DIDNT.

masvidal will now lose two in a row. terrible style match-up for masvidal.

What? Nobody said Nate would beat Leon. Leon was a -500 favorite and Nate was much closer to winning than the line suggested he would be

49-46 says nate didnt win. the nate diva army was like leon gone get beat cause nate will knock him out.

Should be a good fight.

Leon will need a minimum of 11 fights since his last loss in order to fight for the title.

<36>
if Nate put him in that kinda trouble, Mas could very likely score a KO. but we'll see what varietal of Mas shows up. Him getting slept by Usman was quite a surprise.

Jorge is way better than Nate. Leon and Jorge are 50/50. Won’t be an easy fight for either But leon showed to be chinny to me.

jorge knows a 50/50 fight isnt a good idea since he in a must win spot to keep the casuals fans that he needs to make him money buying his clothing line or buying his beer line or buying his fight company.

jorge knows waiting to maybe fight nate or conor is a better idea.

You don't become the WW #1 contender by winning a fight at MW. There is no amount of mental gymnastics Kamaru or his management could use to justify denying Leon a title shot again.

The great thing is though once Leon becomes champion he will be well within his right to hold the misdeeds of Kamarus agent against the contenders currently represented by that agent. So Vicente Luque, Gilbert Burns , Belal Muhammad, Khamzat Chimaev, Muslim Sahlikov should not be expecting to get a title shot anytime this decade.

Maybe in 2030. Also why are Gilbert Burns and Vicente Luque not fighting eachother?

Well you can go ahead and tell that to the UFC. If they're gonna wanna do it then they're gonna do it and there is nothing Leon Edwards can do about it. Edwards is apparently gonna be booked vs Masvidal now. Leon was the #1 contender and then got Diaz, now the talk is Masvidal.

The UFC offered Nick a title fight vs Woodley back at UFC 209, and that was without any wins at all. So I think beating Robbie regardless at MW or WW makes no difference.

Makes sense for both guys, no point in Leon sitting out for so many months. Its not fully confimed but looks like thats what Dana wants next for both guys

Not only does it make sense it is super necessary.

It’s the only fight for Leon. If he wants a title shot, he should sign this with no hesitation. a win here more than likely gets him that shot. Waiting out a title shot hasn’t been a successful so far, and nor should it

I think he wins this fight as well

Leon should just wait. The title shot is just a month away.

Leon shouldnt have fought Diaz. That fight didnt do him any favors. He completely outclassed him but diaz didnt get put away and had some success at the end of the fight. Diaz is a lightweight journeyman and Leon is supposed to be the #1 contender at welterweight.

Im sure this post will somehow offend someone.

I disagree Leons issue is fighting style and not popular with fans

Beating a fan favorite in Diaz let alone beating Masvidal will ensure a title shot

I disagree Leons issue is fighting style and not popular with fans

Beating a fan favorite in Diaz let alone beating Masvidal will ensure a title shot
I agree on the issue being his fighting style. Based on wins he should've gotten a shot already. The other contenders got shots for way less. He didnt look good beating Diaz was my point not that fighting Diaz is harmful for your career in general. I think him going in and beating Jorge will be good for him all around though.

Meanwhile in shitty Bellator he would be granted an immediate title shot like all ex UFC fighters do

<36>
Lol Coker is occupying your mind. You and tehMoose should honestly brawl it out. I'm putting money on tehmoose since he is not a mess

Last edited:
I see something must have angered you.

What's on your mind this time little one? Deprived of Conor for too long? Jumping off the bandwagon like a good little boy?

<36>
Dude is eternally upset about Bellator. Don't ever try to slander the UFC name or Dana, or else Osiris3657 will show up all upset and insult you

Dude is eternally upset about Bellator. Don't ever try to slander the UFC name or Dana, or else Osiris3657 will show up all upset and insult you

I can actually hear @Osiris3657 furiously typing on his keyboard every time I make a joke about Dana, Conor or the UFC. That post wasn't even about Dana either, it was more just the hilarity of Leon's situation. Guy's a complete angry mess.

<36>

Well you can go ahead and tell that to the UFC. If they're gonna wanna do it then they're gonna do it and there is nothing Leon Edwards can do about it. Edwards is apparently gonna be booked vs Masvidal now. Leon was the #1 contender and then got Diaz, now the talk is Masvidal.

The UFC offered Nick a title fight vs Woodley back at UFC 209, and that was without any wins at all. So I think beating Robbie regardless at MW or WW makes no difference.

Dana said the idea of Nick Diaz in a title fight with Kamaru Usman was ridiculous yesterday because it is.

No one but Diaz fanboys on Sherdog want to see him in a title fight, most fans don't even care if him or his brother ever fight again.It is a prime example of a vocal very small minority and the media latching onto a ridiculous concept.

Edwards is NOT booked to fight Masvidal. The guy was on Helwanis show 2 days ago and said he would fight Masvidal if they booked the fight for November or December; Leon expects the next title shot and will not accept a fight with Masvidal for next year.

I hope you aren't one of the Ngannou fanboys crying on a daily basis about him "being wronged by the UFC" when you are cheering on the UFC continuing to allow Kamaru Usman to fight in novelty fights instead of fighting contenders.

As I said when Leon declines to fight Vicente Luque, Gilbert Burns, Belal Muhammad, and Muslim Sahlikov during his reign as champ (and it will be long Leon is only 30) I won't blame him one bit.

Back