News Dana: If Khabib sits out a year we may have to look at Conor/Ferguson

Tony gets rocked in every fight, Konor has a chance.

No way in hell Conor takes this fight, he let them strip him of his title in order to duck Tony.

Enough bullshit people. We all know there is no way in HELL Conor beats Tony, he'll never accept that fight.

Tony would survive the shots that land and destroy Conor by Round 3.

Conor loses 2 in a row and his stock drops like a rock. WME is pretty stupid but I'm certain they're smart enough to give Conor at least a 50/50 fight next.

lol Why? Anyone who can throw a good punch has a chance against Tony, the guy's very hittable. His chin and recovery skills aren't gonna save him forever - One day they're either gonna deteriorate or the right person is gonna get just aggressive enough effectively that they're gonna put Tony out before he can recover. And Conor will be the best boxer, and the most powerful one as well, that El Cucuy will have ever faced.

Face it, 99% of the time that you people doubt Conor and guarantee that he'll be destroyed, he wins. And usually he wins pretty dominantly. Khabib fight is the ONLY time in MMA ya'll have ever been right about Conor losing, but Ferguson is definitely a more winnable fight than Khabib was.

Last edited:
Would be a good fight but I doubt Tony would actually show up on fight night.

Might have AI or Cowboy as a last minute replacement.

This place would have a melt down if Conor came in looking like the fighter of old and starched Tony.

That isn't a prediction by any means, I'm a huge Conor fan and if he could maintain his first round pace for a full 3/5 rounds It'd be hard to bet against him, unfortunately his achilles heel is his conditioning and I'm unsure whether that's bad training methods or genetics.

lol Why? Anyone who can throw a good punch has a chance against Tony, the guy's very hittable. His chin and recovery skills aren't gonna save him forever - One day they're either gonna deteriorate or the right person is gonna get just aggressive enough effectively that they're gonna put Tony out before he can recover. And Conor will be the best boxer, and the most powerful one as well, that El Cucuy will have ever faced.

Face it, 99% of the time that you people doubt Conor and guarantee that he'll be destroyed, he wins. And usually he wins pretty dominantly. Khabib fight is the ONLY time in MMA ya'll have ever been right about Conor losing, but Ferguson is definitely a more winnable fight than Khabib was.
Conor's power is nothing to write home about at lW. He can put people down via accumulation of precise punches, not actual power of his shots. While I do agree that Conor has a chance against Ferguson, I don't see him KOing Ferguson stiff and even if he drops Ferguson following him to the ground will be risky for Conor. Also, keep in mind that Conor will not have a reach advantage over Ferguson - something he enjoys in most of his fights.

TL;DR: while Conor might win early, it is a dangerous fight for both.

DC (HW), Holloway, and maybe Woodley

Holloway is the ONLY one I see right now.

Possibly Cejudo too.

He’s already proven he will apparently take on all comers at 125. Now defend it again against a FLW please. It would be hard to bitch if he took a TS at BW. But I’m sick of so-called Super fights. Every time a champion fights if he loses he should lose his belt. Since that’s not practical the challenger should have to vacate if they want to fight for a second title. I don’t care if it’s moving up or down.

Just in about the last year there have been three fights with two reigning champions. Three title defences instead of six. It’s obviously going to water down your cards if you only have half the title fights you should be having.

I agree and disagree, I think if Conor had a better gas tank then in that third round where khabib gassed he could have implimented a lot of damage to him, unfortunately he was fucked by then. Tony can get hurt but is very hard to finish and recovers great, and his cardio is endless, I can see Conor dropping him but if he doesn't end the fight its going to get nasty for him. I'm a Conor fan and this is the fight I want him to avoid most if I'm honest haha.

He accepted the fight against Khabib.

It depends if he's completely lost belief in himself. He matches up better with Tony than he did Khabib, but still obviously the underdog.

He does match up better against Tony. that's the good news.

The bad news is, Tony will survive an early onslaught and will actually bust Conor up! Khabib had solid gnp and top control and made conor lose heart. But imagine Conor with his face all busted up and a relentless Tony throwing strike after strike. Elbows, knees everything.

Tony will end conor's career imo.

I think Conor fighting for the lw belt at this point would be the most bias unwarranted title shot in the UFC's history of the sport. Might as well be WWE if they give him a title shot cause the only thing that matters is if your popular.

99% of the time?

He is 2-2 in his last 4 fights lol

If Tony survives the first few knockdowns (he always gets rocked) he will send Conor to 135.

I think Conor fighting for the lw belt at this point would be the most bias unwarranted title shot in the UFC's history of the sport. Might as well be WWE if they give him a title shot cause the only thing that matters is if your popular.
You clearly haven’t been a fan very long if you think that’s the least warranted.hes not getting it anyway

At least Tony will make some money, chances for him to touch the belt are smaller by the day.

“(Unless you're Conor McGregor) Guys can’t sit out and wait that long when you have the title,” the UFC president stated. “You can’t do it (unless you're Conor McGregor)."

I think he means all the fights before that.
He’s 10-2 in his last 12
His main point is sherdog has never picked mcgregor to win a fight
His fights below LW are irrelevant, he's not facing midgets anymore.

I thought it was funny how Dana was angry with the reporter for asking if people sit out a while they should be stripped. Yet Conor sat out for a year and a half and held up 2 divisions...

False. Interim championships were made for both divisions nearly immediately. Not Conor’s fault Khabib ate tiramisu and fucked it up.

Back