News Dana: If Khabib sits out a year we may have to look at Conor/Ferguson

He'd get his hand raised since Tony would probably be unconscious by then.
I give you credit for one thing, at least you believe in Conor. Unrealistic as him winning is.

Most of his other fans are so cowardly they are trying to keep him away from Ferg.

You're right, it probably wouldn't be competitive... Because Conor would box Tony's big ears off his head. I'd still like to see it, though. The reactions here after Conor beat another person that was supposed to "expose" him would be great.

2-2 above 145, both losses by stoppage. One of them to a journeyman who was barely ranked.

vs.

11 wins in a row at 155, with 8 finishes. Half of those fights vs top 10 guys.

I'm not saying it's an unwinnable fight for Conor, but your confidence in him is laughable. He's obviously a great FW, but sure hasn't looked elite above that weight. Tony likely ruins him.

He'd get his hand raised since Tony would probably be unconscious by then.

Well, Conor does have one whopping KO above 145 while Tony has never been KO'd in his career despite all his fights being above 145. But yeah...your scenario is totally likely LMAO.

Terrible fight. Why screw over Cowboy? Conor can't even win a fight and coming off a 1 sided loss why would he get to fight for a title? UFC is a joke.

2-2 above 145, both losses by stoppage. One of them to a journeyman who was barely ranked.

vs.

11 wins in a row at 155, with 8 finishes. Half of those fights vs top 10 guys.

I'm not saying it's an unwinnable fight for Conor, but your confidence in him is laughable. He's obviously a great FW, but sure hasn't looked elite above that weight. Tony likely ruins him.

Nate and Khabib are both bad match ups for Conor. Khabib especially.

Tony has the tools to trouble Conor as well, but he's definitely a more winnable fight than the aforementioned two. He prefers to keep the fight standing, and that would play right into Conor's strengths. Anyone who fights Conor standing up and doesn't have an iron chin (which Tony kinda does, but not quite in the Diaz way... It's more his immense recovery skills than anything) has a very good chance of losing.

Well, Conor does have one whopping KO above 145 while Tony has never been KO'd in his career despite all his fights being above 145. But yeah...your scenario is totally likely LMAO.

Has Tony ever been hit by someone who hits like McGregor? Conor has barely even fought above 145 for most of his career, so his lack of KO's is rather irrelevant. Fact is, he toyed with and easily KO'ed a career Lightweight whose walk around weight is around 190 and who is known for his great chin. That still speaks volumes.

Nate and Khabib are both bad match ups for Conor. Khabib especially.

Tony has the tools to trouble Conor as well, but he's definitely a more winnable fight than the aforementioned two. He prefers to keep the fight standing, and that would play right into Conor's strengths. Anyone who fights Conor standing up and doesn't have an iron chin (which Tony kinda does, but not quite in the Diaz way... It's more his immense recovery skills than anything) has a very good chance of losing.

Has Tony ever been hit by someone who hits like McGregor? Conor has barely even fought above 145 for most of his career, so his lack of KO's is rather irrelevant. Fact is, he toyed with and easily KO'ed a career Lightweight whose walk around weight is around 190 and who is known for his great chin. That still speaks volumes.

Tony has taken down: Tibau, Trujillo, Thomson, Barboza, Vanetta and that's just during his win streak. It's a myth that he only want to stand and bang. He doesn't shoot traditional single or doubles, he's more creative in how he takes guys down. But that makes it MORE and not less likely that he finds some unorthodox way to force Conor into a scramble when he's not expecting it.

RDA has legit KO's over LW's, Tony ate his shots fine. The head kick from Lando is harder than anything Conor could hit Tony with, and while it hurt Tony it didn't finish him or even come close. If that doesn't do it, it's hard to imagine Conor being able to. Especially when he'll be scared shitless to follow Tony to the mat. Tony will be able to use his amazing recovery if he were to get knocked down, because Conor won't want to be near the mat with him.

Again, I'm not saying Conor has NO chance of winning. He's a precise striker with great timing. And Tony is 35 and has been through some wars. So...sure, Conor would have a chance. But everything else points toward Tony. Better grappling, better cardio and durability, wider skillset. And weaponizes his cardio and pushes a pace that won't allow Conor to reset his gas tank.

Tony has taken down: Tibau, Trujillo, Thomson, Barboza, Vanetta and that's just during his win streak. It's a myth that he only want to stand and bang. He doesn't shoot traditional single or doubles, he's more creative in how he takes guys down. But that makes it MORE and not less likely that he finds some unorthodox way to force Conor into a scramble when he's not expecting it.

RDA has legit KO's over LW's, Tony ate his shots fine. The head kick from Lando is harder than anything Conor could hit Tony with, and while it hurt Tony it didn't finish him or even come close. If that doesn't do it, it's hard to imagine Conor being able to. Especially when he'll be scared shitless to follow Tony to the mat. Tony will be able to use his amazing recovery if he were to get knocked down, because Conor won't want to be near the mat with him.

Again, I'm not saying Conor has NO chance of winning. He's a precise striker with great timing. And Tony is 35 and has been through some wars. So...sure, Conor would have a chance. But everything else points toward Tony. Better grappling, better cardio and durability, wider skillset. And weaponizes his cardio and pushes a pace that won't allow Conor to reset his gas tank.

He stands and bangs 98% of the time. It's not much of a myth.

He usually has his biggest success with submitting guys after he already has them hurt. But how do you know Conor's grappling defense wouldn't be enough to save him? His TDD has always been underrated and we may see that more than ever against Ferguson.

As for the rest, no way Lando's head kick is harder than anything Conor could hit Tony with. Just come off it. And if Conor drops Tony enough times to the mat and senses that he's hurt, he'll eventually follow him there and go for the kill, I think. On the other hand, he may not have to - Tony might get stopped on the feet, or he might eventually get put down in a lifeless enough position that the ref calls it off anyway, i.e. Darnish taking out James Vick.

He stands and bangs 98% of the time. It's not much of a myth.

He usually has his biggest success with submitting guys after he already has them hurt. But how do you know Conor's grappling defense wouldn't be enough to save him? His TDD has always been underrated and we may see that more than ever against Ferguson.

As for the rest, no way Lando's head kick is harder than anything Conor could hit Tony with. Just come off it. And if Conor drops Tony enough times to the mat and senses that he's hurt, he'll eventually follow him there and go for the kill, I think. On the other hand, he may not have to - Tony might get stopped on the feet, or he might eventually get put down in a lifeless enough position that the ref calls it off anyway, i.e. Darnish taking out James Vick.

Where do you get this "98% of the time" stuff? You realize that it's going to vary by opponent, right? He's far more likely to roll for a leglock and force a scramble (watch his fights with Barboza and Thomson for example) against someone that he knows he has a grappling advantage on. You are pulling fictional #'s out of your ass, I'm giving you actual examples from his fights where he's forced grappling exchanges. You need to do better than just making a claim because that's how you want to view it. I urge you to watch the fights I'm referencing, the evidence is right there of him being more than willing to force guys to grapple at times. Literally the only guy with the sub skills of Tony that Conor has faced is Nate, and Conor got subbed in one of those two fights!

Lando's head kick was full force and flush right on the side of Tony's head. It's naturally going to be harder than any punch Conor could throw. I should have stated it that way, since Conor could potentially land a head kick harder than that one I guess. But that's unlikely, and that kick from Lando KO's (not hurts, not TKO's, but straight up puts the lights out) of a ton of LW's. Maybe most LW's. Tony was hurt, but fine literally 2 seconds later.

Again, not saying it's impossible but banking on a guy who's only shown KO power one time in 4 tries above 145 vs a guy who has NEVER been KO'd seems foolish to me. Especially when, like I've said, the other guy may try to make it into a gritty grappling match early on to sap the vastly inferior gas tank of Conor.

Can Conor win? Sure. Is it likely? Hell no. Tony has far more advantages than Conor.

Where do you get this "98% of the time" stuff? You realize that it's going to vary by opponent, right? He's far more likely to roll for a leglock and force a scramble (watch his fights with Barboza and Thomson for example) against someone that he knows he has a grappling advantage on. You are pulling fictional #'s out of your ass, I'm giving you actual examples from his fights where he's forced grappling exchanges. You need to do better than just making a claim because that's how you want to view it. I urge you to watch the fights I'm referencing, the evidence is right there of him being more than willing to force guys to grapple at times. Literally the only guy with the sub skills of Tony that Conor has faced is Nate, and Conor got subbed in one of those two fights!

Lando's head kick was full force and flush right on the side of Tony's head. It's naturally going to be harder than any punch Conor could throw. I should have stated it that way, since Conor could potentially land a head kick harder than that one I guess. But that's unlikely, and that kick from Lando KO's (not hurts, not TKO's, but straight up puts the lights out) of a ton of LW's. Maybe most LW's. Tony was hurt, but fine literally 2 seconds later.

Again, not saying it's impossible but banking on a guy who's only shown KO power one time in 4 tries above 145 vs a guy who has NEVER been KO'd seems foolish to me. Especially when, like I've said, the other guy may try to make it into a gritty grappling match early on to sap the vastly inferior gas tank of Conor.

Can Conor win? Sure. Is it likely? Hell no. Tony has far more advantages than Conor.

So... Tony doesn't stand and bang the vast majority of time during his fights? Maybe you need to go back and watch, you apparently missed something.

And I'm not gonna overanalyze Lando's kick to the head, none of us can know for sure how hard each shot connects. I know one thing - You are wrong about Tony recovering "like 2 seconds later." He was rolling around for ten or so seconds from that kick and the round ended with him on the ground. Don't forget Pettis rocked him, too - If Pettis can do it, why not Conor? Anyone can be rocked if you hit him hard enough in the right spot. Ferguson has never been hit by someone who hits like Conor, that is a FACT.

Last but not least, Tony isn't gonna turn this fight into a grappling battle. He's gonna do what he always does and stick primarily to striking. We both know this. Conor's a lot harder to take down than people give him credit for being anyway.

I guess now we know why Conor was calling out Nate and Anderson<Lmaoo>
Connor hasn’t called out Anderson, anderson is begging for that fight and Connor has no interest .

Do you guys really believe this ?!
Is this your first day ?!?!

They are setting the guy up to fight Donald fucking Cerrone next and you think that they’ll put him in with a wild animal like Ferguson ?

He would look more masculine if he gets his dick cut off in public than he does getting eaten alive by Fergy

So... Tony doesn't stand and bang the vast majority of time during his fights? Maybe you need to go back and watch, you apparently missed something.

And I'm not gonna overanalyze Lando's kick to the head, none of us can know for sure how hard each shot connects. I know one thing - You are wrong about Tony recovering "like 2 seconds later." He was rolling around for ten or so seconds from that kick and the round ended with him on the ground. Don't forget Pettis rocked him, too - If Pettis can do it, why not Conor? Anyone can be rocked if you hit him hard enough in the right spot. Ferguson has never been hit by someone who hits like Conor, that is a FACT.

Last but not least, Tony isn't gonna turn this fight into a grappling battle. He's gonna do what he always does and stick primarily to striking. We both know this. Conor's a lot harder to take down than people give him credit for being anyway.

So yet again, you are just using generic, general phrases when I am giving SPECIFIC examples of the guys that Tony has initiated and forced grappling exchanges with. And then you tell ME to go back and watch LMAO? Tony likes to strike, sure, but again I've given you NUMEROUS specific examples of him forcing grappling on opponents. And your only answer is "But but but...he mostly stands and throws hands though..." You really need to do better than this. A LOT better. If Tony initiated those grappling exchanges in those fights, why wouldn't he vs a striker like Conor? You have no answer for that, do you?

You also need to look up the definition of the word "fact". You have absolutely no idea if Conor hits harder than the LW's (and the WW's FFS!) that Ferguson has fought. You are basing that on Conor knocking out some FW's and one LW. It's comical. I get that you love the guy but FFS man...

And you finish it up by saying you "know" what Tony will do. Again (because evidently it's not sinking in) Tony has forced grappling exchanges with 5 of his last 11 opponents, and in EVERY one of them he forced the fight to the mat. These are indisputable facts (because I know what the word "fact" actually means---you can verify that what I'm saying is true by watching tape) and your only rebuttal is "But but but...I know Tony will just stick to striking."

You aren't doing well here. Ignoring the specific examples I've given is not a good strategy.

I just rewatched rd 1 of Tony vs Lando, LMAO at him rolling around for 10 seconds. He had ahold of Lando's leg going for a leglock after about 4 seconds. C'mon man, I am SURE you can do better than this.

Conor ducking Cowboy confirmed.
Cowboy gave Conor some honey and while Dee was smearing it on his dick and sucking it off, a bee stung him. Now he wants nothing to do with Cowboy.

conor doesn't deserve it, but I'll be happy to watch him fold/break/whither under Tony and eventually tap out.
tony ferguson beyond overrated i just dont get it hes fought nobody even close to conors skills he wont make it out the first round wait and see

tony ferguson beyond overrated i just dont get it hes fought nobody even close to conors skills he wont make it out the first round wait and see

lol his resume is more impressive than Conor's or Khabib's tbh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back