News Dana: If Khabib sits out a year we may have to look at Conor/Ferguson

Or Ferguson Porier? Would be a great fight instead of seeing Conor get an undeserved shot.

Dana would love nothing more than for Khabib to sit out. It makes his job of getting Conor another title shot that much easier.

He'll gift Conor a title shot no matter what he does. They would probably let him fight Dan Hooker for an interim at this point.

If they do Conor vs Tony, then I want to see Cowboy vs Askren for a 165lb belt.

At least this fight makes sense if Conor is supposed to "earn" a title rematch with his next win.
Yeah but he knows he doesn't truly want it.

He'd rather take on a low risk fight to get a win, then wait for Ferguson or Khabib to lose, then snake his way into a title shot since he's coming off a "win" from his last irrelevant fight.

There's a reason he's calling out Aldo, Cowboy, and Diaz. He's already beaten 2/3 and is confident in winning.

His callout of Silva is purely for a big payday and a chance at the little guy beating a much bigger guy 2 divisions up. He has nothing to lose in that fight as he's expected to lose. If he wins, he'll claim GOAT and ride that until he retires.

Conor/Ferg should be happening since Khabib is suspended

Even if Khabib doesn't sit a win over Cerrone earns Conor a title shot according to Dana.

I had read that as well but I wasn’t aware the cerrone fight was signed. If Khabib sits I don’t imagine Conor will dive right back in to a title shot but who knows anymore.

I don't think that means what you think it means

Oh I do playboy.

nate-diaz-dana-white-slap.gif

UFC should make the McGregor belt. He is the only guy that can hold it. If he loses he gets an immediate rematch. If he loses the rematch the new champion is stripped and Conor is reinstated McGregor weight champion.

People calling for Khabib to be cut...the UFC won't let Nate, Nick, Colby, and a list of other fighters who don't even fight out of their contract, now Khabib. Uncle Dana doesn't have the balls to cut the champ. If Kbabib wants to fight in MSG at the end of the year, then that is when he will fight. Fuck Vegas!

I really want to see Conor fight Cowboy...but a fight with Tony is good to. I just hope Tony doesn't trip over his own feet again the day before his biggest payday ever.

Khabib is going to sit until October so it really doesn't matter who fights. Either way he'll be first in line to take the LW strap back.

Conor doesn't want any of that smoke. But match him up against 43 year old Anderson Silva on the other hand; "it would be an honor"

Conor don't deserve to get a fight with Tony.This shit is a joke with UFC and Conor.

I guess now we know why Conor was calling out Nate and Anderson<Lmaoo>

Right, like Anderson didn't start it calling Conor out three years ago :rolleyes::rolleyes:

He was also in no hurry for the Nate fight.

He was willing to take anyone next.

McGregor > Ferguson I guarantee this is the result if Khabib has to sit out.

I thought it was funny how Dana was angry with the reporter for asking if people sit out a while they should be stripped. Yet Conor sat out for a year and a half and held up 2 divisions...

Right, like Anderson didn't start it calling Conor out three years ago :rolleyes::rolleyes:

He was also in no hurry for the Nate fight.

He was willing to take anyone next.

McGregor > Ferguson I guarantee this is the result if Khabib has to sit out.
Who are you trying to kid? The entire UFC roster has called out Conor for that red panty night. He decides who he responds to.

Back