News Dana: If Khabib sits out a year we may have to look at Conor/Ferguson

NonononoNO! Absolutely retarded fight. Conor does not deserve to face the Nr.1 contender. If Conor wins this fight (and he has a solid chance of winning in the first and maybe second round due to how hittable Ferguson is), he becomes the Nr.1 contender and Ferguson loses his shot. Ferguson shouldn't take any dangerous fights until Khabib returns, he should fight Diaz or something.

NonononoNO! Absolutely retarded fight. Conor does not deserve to face the Nr.1 contender. If Conor wins this fight (and he has a solid chance of winning in the first and maybe second round due to how hittable Ferguson is), he becomes the Nr.1 contender and Ferguson loses his shot. Ferguson shouldn't take any dangerous fights until Khabib returns, he should fight Diaz or something.
They are going to give Conor first dibs at a title shot no matter who he fights.

Dana even said he would get a title shot for beating Cerrone, and also liked Cowboy's post saying if they fought it would be for an interim title.

Conor might as well earn it against Tony, than face a gatekeeper like Cerrone.

They are going to give Conor first dibs at a title shot no matter who he fights.

Dana even said he would get a title shot for beating Cerrone, and also liked Cowboy's post saying if they fought it would be for an interim title.

Conor might as well earn it against Tony, than face a gatekeeper like Cerrone.
Forget about Conor getting a title shot, it's not happening. In order for Conor to get a title shot, Khabib would have to agree to the rematch and he has already priced himself out of the rematch by asking 30 million. Smart move, since he gets to both avoid fighting Conor and avoid any accusations of being a "duck", since, technically, he's not refusing to fight.

Now that is a fight we want to see and would make mega bucks for Dana and WME... But this is Ferguson... he could get replaced at any minute.
Tonys only twice been injured and only been pulled late one time hes no pull out merchant like khabib

Conor just fucking lost! Fuck outta here! Poirier vs Ferguson

Enough bullshit people. We all know there is no way in HELL Conor beats Tony, he'll never accept that fight.

Tony would survive the shots that land and destroy Conor by Round 3.

Conor loses 2 in a row and his stock drops like a rock. WME is pretty stupid but I'm certain they're smart enough to give Conor at least a 50/50 fight next.

Enough bullshit people. We all know there is no way in HELL Conor beats Tony, he'll never accept that fight.

Tony would survive the shots that land and destroy Conor by Round 3.

Conor loses 2 in a row and his stock drops like a rock. WME is pretty stupid but I'm certain they're smart enough to give Conor at least a 50/50 fight next.
He accepted the fight against Khabib.

It depends if he's completely lost belief in himself. He matches up better with Tony than he did Khabib, but still obviously the underdog.

This is the fight to make if Conor wants to earn some actual respect. I doubt people would hate on him after accepting this fight, even if he lost.

they hated on him after he took the fight with the guy everone knew was going to beat him. Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

they hated on him after he took the fight with the guy everone knew was going to beat him. Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...
This is untrue. After the "11th ranked real estate agent" Iaquinta fight, many people, Conor included, thought Khabib was a lame duck and that his striking was so amateurish that he would easily catch him.

What he didn't anticipate was that they were both better than him.

Wishful thinking. Conor will never fight ferg. He already pulled twice. Once at bellator/NYE once last spring so Ferg/Khabib was booked and conor stripped.

Here's how it goes down IMO.
Conor beats Cerrone for interium.
They book Ferg Dustin for title and pray Dustin beats ferg.
Conor beat Dustin.

Fuck yeah. Conor is probably dreading having to fight Ferguson but it's the only way be would have lost to Khabib again anyway

Hope they book this as much as I find Tony irritating he is a beast and deserves a big pay day.

I remember when LW used to be the best division with the most active champ. Feels like a long time ago.

Honestly Conor vs Ferguson would be amazing. I would be really hyped for this and the winner can face Khabib.

Wishful thinking. Conor will never fight ferg. He already pulled twice. Once at bellator/NYE once last spring so Ferg/Khabib was booked and conor stripped.

Here's how it goes down IMO.
Conor beats Cerrone for interium.
They book Ferg Dustin for title and pray Dustin beats ferg.
Conor beat Dustin.
I will pop an aneurism, if that happens.

Back