• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Dan Hardy calls for Jon Jones to be stripped of title, cites Conor Mcgregor precedent

He can have a final fight that isn’t for the HW title. Otherwise, he needs to fight the Interim Champ, vacate, or be stripped.
Such a shame Jones isn't willing to fight Tom. Defend or vacate regardless.
Man, wait till you guys find out your boy Fedor ignored his interim champ too.

Except he did it for 5 fights, not 1 for the guy he was originally scheduled against.

Hope you guys were also calling for him to be stripped too back in 2003-2004.

Man, wait till you guys find out your boy Fedor ignored his interim champ too.

Except he did it for 5 fights, not 1 for the guy he was originally scheduled against.

Hope you guys were also calling for him to be stripped too back in 2003-2004.
I’m not a fanboy; if someone is ducking the interim champ, they should be stripped. No exceptions.
My problem with Jones and his fans is this. He won a vacant title. He didn’t take it off the rightful champ and now he’s acting like his LHW accomplishments give him the right to pick and choose matchups at HW like he’s cleaned out the division. He’s got 1 HW fight while Tom is much more proven in the division than he is.

Difference is A. Jones has a fight scheduled and was injured. B. Has since rescheduled the fight. C. Has actually defended titles in the UFC before. D. Fuck Conor.

Oh yeah? Show the receipts bitch boiiii..
You got sooo butt hurt when I pointed out that Strickland was doing exactly what you said he needed to do. And then you started posturing like you knew something about Strickland's contract and crying like a fuckin' bitch... said "how I came at you" and other nonsense LOL. That was some GOAT level crying tight there.

Difference is A. Jones has a fight scheduled and was injured. B. Has since rescheduled the fight. C. Has actually defended titles in the UFC before. D. Fuck Conor.
E. Won the vacant title off of Gane.
F. Has 1 win at HW
G. Is ducking the Interim Champ.

From a commercial point of view, which is the UFC's point of view, McGregor being the biggest draw and most famous fighter is way more relevant than someone being the GOAT.

We can either this from the A) special treatment is fine (or just is) perspective B) hardcore fan/sporting perspective. Either way, Jones should be stripped.

As you pointed out, if we play the 'preferential treatment is fine' side, Conor being a way bigger star and still getting stripped means that Jones should 100% get stripped. Dana dgaf about paying homage to legends or any of that other romantic nonsense - he is about money, every time.

If we argue this from a hardcore fan perspective, meaning 'what is fair for the sport' and/or 'what we hardcores would actually like to happen', again: Jones should be stripped - that way we still get to see Jones vs Stipe, meanwhile, Aspinall gets what he deserves. No hardcore who isn't a troll or a Jones fanboy cares that Jones/Stipe is for the title.

I'd like to see them codify a hard and fast rule that applies to everyone. If you don't have a fight booked in one calandar year, the title is forfeit.

But I do understand why they aren't doing that. From a promotional perspective a famous champ fighting a pretty famous former champ is better than a champ no one has heard of fighting a challenger who is somehow less famous than that.

Back