• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Dan Hardy calls for Jon Jones to be stripped of title, cites Conor Mcgregor precedent

Jones got injured. The Stipe fight would have already happened if he didn't.

Had Jones been 27 and not had the legacy that he actually does have (fighting wise), well, of course he should be stripped.

Cut the GOAT some slack for his final fight, and feel free to consider Aspinall the actual champ.
He was so injured he was tackling rugby players 2 months later.
If he had his pectoral muscle sewed back to the bone, he certainly wouldn't be able to do that.

Tom and Curtis would beat the livin' shit out of Jones and Miocic and they know it.

Dan Hardy, a former UFC fighter and commentator now joins HOF Demetrius Johnson in calling for Jones to be stripped of the belt ahead of his match with Stipe Miocic instead of interim champ Tom Aspinall. He cites the stripping of Conor Mcgregor as a precedent.

“What is it 511 days on the date that Jon Jones has not been active? And that was the same point that Conor McGregor was stripped of his title… For me, I think they should make it [Aspinall vs Blaydes] the official title and put it as the main event.”

If thats what Dan Hardy wants then Dana won't do it out of spite even if he was going to initially :)

Jones nuthuggers literally saying "Treat my idol special because he's special to me" lmao

Considering Jones special has nothing to do with nuthugging.

I'm fine with giving Jones special treatment cuz he's the GOAT.

GOAT's get treated special cuz they're special.

You literally just proved my post correct lmao

Not really. Believing that GOAT's getting special treatment is fine, hasn't really got anything to do with being a nuthugger. It's simply acknowledging that greatness in a field deserves respect, which oftentimes leads to special treatment.

Not really. Believing that GOAT's getting special treatment is fine, hasn't really got anything to do with being a nuthugger. It's simply acknowledging that greatness in a field deserves respect, which oftentimes leads to special treatment.
<6><{cruzshake}>

I love all that special treatment Jose Aldo and DJ got

I'm fine with giving Jones special treatment cuz he's the GOAT.

GOAT's get treated special cuz they're special.

That makes sense. That's why he got the decision against Reyes and dodged a lifetime ban after multiple failed drug tests. The PED GOAT just gets special treatment. Sorry, guys.

<lmao>

Jones has a fight scheduled though, which would have happened already had he not got injured. It’s not nearly the same situation as when Conor got stripped.

I wanna know when Anderson Silva is coming back to fight for the title cuz he’s one of the best to ever do it you know

Dan Hardy, a former UFC fighter and commentator now joins HOF Demetrius Johnson in calling for Jones to be stripped of the belt ahead of his match with Stipe Miocic instead of interim champ Tom Aspinall. He cites the stripping of Conor Mcgregor as a precedent.

“What is it 511 days on the date that Jon Jones has not been active? And that was the same point that Conor McGregor was stripped of his title… For me, I think they should make it [Aspinall vs Blaydes] the official title and put it as the main event.”

Wait wait wait..

An Englishman saying a fellow Englishmen should get the real title shot over the injuried champion ...in a separate fight...

That's not bias at all..

The ufc is a fing joke, the wamma belt is more reputable at this point.

Wait wait wait..

An Englishman saying a fellow Englishmen should get the real title shot over the injuried champion ...in a separate fight...

That's not bias at all..
I think the same thing and I've never been to England

Jones has a fight scheduled though, which would have happened already had he not got injured. It’s not nearly the same situation as when Conor got stripped.
When the extent of his injury was known (out for a year) Aspinall should have been given the undisputed belt, we'd have a real title fight in a couple months and on his return, Jones could immediately challenge the winner to get the belt back. -OR- he could fight Stipe in a legacy/money fight. That should have pleased almost everyone.

Firstly I disagree that ANY fighter should get special treatment. No fighter should be so big that they can hold a belt without fighting for almost 2 years.

However, at this point they are already committed. If they strip Jon now, he might not fight in November. And they don't want to risk that, so they won't do it. HOWEVER, if Tom Aspinall wins, it should force Aspinall vs Jones. Stipe should only be fighting Jones if Blaydes wins.
I agree with this, they need Jon to stay committed to November. Aspinall winning cements his place as Jon's next fight, if he fights again. If not Aspinall is the undisputed champ without much sourness due to him having a defence of the interim etc. Again, if he beats Blaydes, which I think he will tbh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back