• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Dan Hardy calls for Jon Jones to be stripped of title, cites Conor Mcgregor precedent

Dan Hardy is known cry baby and he can cry all he wants but Jones ain't getting stripped, the boss Dana already made clear Jones vs Miocic will happen at MSG in november.

Because he refused to fight Pavlovich, the appointed backup. Aspinall stepped in and took his place. That's why.
That is incorrect as Dana did not offer Stipe that fight. Dana already mentioned that it would have been an insult to offer Stipe that fight and never did. Stipe was actually upset about it too.

Last edited:
Jones got injured. The Stipe fight would have already happened if he didn't.

Had Jones been 27 and not had the legacy that he actually does have (fighting wise), well, of course he should be stripped.

Cut the GOAT some slack for his final fight, and feel free to consider Aspinall the actual champ.
Difference is at least Jones was booked to make a title defense & was injured before it happened, McGregor abandoned the division with no return in sight after he beat Eddie Alvarez in 2016.
No it wouldn't. It doesn't matter if Jones is a Goat. He's holding up the show.
I think my favourite part about this saga are the people pretending like Jones would've ever been defending against Aspinall in July anyways. Yeah, Jon was totally going to fight in Tom's home town for his own potentially last fight. That was definitely going to happen over Jon waiting to have his last fight be in his own home state of NY like he'd already tried to do before his injury.

Fact is Tom would've had to sit out for a later card or fight here anyways. Which was always going to lean towards the latter, interim belt or no, because the UFC's holding the card on American time and they need to incentivize the Brits to stay out until 6am for Leon/Belal. Tom was always going to co-main that card once that decision was made.

Well, that's simply because LHW and HW suck ass on a global scale.

Jones not defending isn't the biggest issue, after all interim belts have been a very common sight in the UFC for about a decade now, the issue is the fact that the fight being angled doesn't feature the interim champ who will make his first title defense before either of the men involved in the "undisputed" title fight set foot in the cage.

They could've stripped Jon, could've let Tom sit on the sidelines until the title gets vacated (neither Stipe nor Jon plan on fighting again after their fight), or they could've just not made Tom/Sergei an interim title fight. The UFC played it in the stupidest fashion because they're hellbent on adding a title to any fight they can to make it look more marketable.

UFC really determines the meta, if they hired more LHW and HW fighters instead focusing on the extremely handicapped divisions like bantamweight (135 pounds/61kg) and featherweight (145 pounds/66kg), they could build up the divisions again. There are more fighters at bantamweight (135 pounds), than HW and LHW combined, that is just ridiculous.

Agree with him but citing system baby Conor as evidence is goofy.

UFC really determines the meta, if they hired more LHW and HW fighters instead focusing on the extremely handicapped divisions like bantamweight (135 pounds/61kg) and featherweight (145 pounds/66kg), they could build up the divisions again. There are more fighters at bantamweight (135 pounds), than HW and LHW combined, that is just ridiculous.
Take a look at the fighters at HW and LHW outside of the UFC. Hell, take a look at some of the guys they've picked up recently like Thomas Petersen, a big wrestler who debuted with a loss to Jamal Pogues (fat LHW). Gaziev was 12-0 and he looked clueless against Rozenstruik.

There just isn't any talent there. @Hellowhosthat scouts a ton of prospects from around the globe and he'll be the first one to tell you that the HW scene is pathetic, and LHW isn't much better. Things are so bad that even the russian side, the place where you usually get many fighters that are more than UFC ready, doesn't have any impressive talent right now (the HW champ at ACA, the biggest russian org, is a 37yo guy).

Talented big men in combat sports are few and far in between.

Take a look at the fighters at HW and LHW outside of the UFC. Hell, take a look at some of the guys they've picked up recently like Thomas Petersen, a big wrestler who debuted with a loss to Jamal Pogues (fat LHW). Gaziev was 12-0 and he looked clueless against Rozenstruik.

There just isn't any talent there. @Hellowhosthat scouts a ton of prospects from around the globe and he'll be the first one to tell you that the HW scene is pathetic, and LHW isn't much better. Things are so bad that even the russian side, the place where you usually get many fighters that are more than UFC ready, doesn't have any impressive talent right now (the HW champ at ACA, the biggest russian org, is a 37yo guy).

Genuinely curious, and I would love to know your opinion, on how PrideFC managed to build such a tremendous talent pool at 205 and HW, and do so at a time when the sport was less well known and generally paid less.

Statistical anomaly?

Some sort of perfect astral alignment of which the elements are not clear until some sort of detail is revealed?

Yakuza had recruited the best whores on earth to somehow persuade these men from all over the planet to come bleed in Japan and possibly be soccer kicked into bolivia and spend their 40s with CTE?
(Just kidding, I don't think CTE was really well known at that point)

I agree that the current talent level is shit at 205+

Only thing I can think of is that the steroid allowed element was sufficient to support a decent amount of athletes being able to sustain higher lean body mass by way of chemical assistance and in a post USADA world, even the mirage of testing is sufficient to keep these men at lower weight classes and the financial incentive to fight in bigger weight classes is no longer in place since approximately Conor McGregor o'clock.

That is incorrect as Dana did not offer Stipe that fight. Dana already mentioned that it would have been an insult to offer Stipe that fight and never did. Stipe was actually upset about it too.
Why would it be an insult if Pav was already agreed to be the backup? Aspinall says in a video that the UFC called him and said Jones was out and Stipe didn't want to fight if it wasn't Jones. So someone's lying, it's either Dana White or Dana White.

Genuinely curious, and I would love to know your opinion, on how PrideFC managed to build such a tremendous talent pool at 205 and HW, and do so at a time when the sport was less well known and generally paid less.

Statistical anomaly?

Some sort of perfect astral alignment of which the elements are not clear until some sort of detail is revealed?

Yakuza had recruited the best whores on earth to somehow persuade these men from all over the planet to come bleed in Japan and possibly be soccer kicked into bolivia and spend their 40s with CTE?
(Just kidding, I don't think CTE was really well known at that point)

I agree that the current talent level is shit at 205+

Only thing I can think of is that the steroid allowed element was sufficient to support a decent amount of athletes being able to sustain higher lean body mass by way of chemical assistance and in a post USADA world, even the mirage of testing is sufficient to keep these men at lower weight classes and the financial incentive to fight in bigger weight classes is no longer in place since approximately Conor McGregor o'clock.
Truth be told, like K-1 and just Boxing in its golden age, I have no fucking clue how they manage to find so many specimens that were not only athletically gifted but also more technically proficient than most of the guys today.

At this point I just think the planets aligned during that time frame. It truly is mind boggling but maybe down the line we'll see a repeat.

Why would it be an insult if Pav was already agreed to be the backup? Aspinall says in a video that the UFC called him and said Jones was out and Stipe didn't want to fight if it wasn't Jones. So someone's lying, it's either Dana White or Dana White.

How can Dana white be lying if Dana and Stipe mentioned that he did not get offered the fight.

Dana already addressed it and made it clear to reporters that he did NOT offer the interim title fight to Stipe

Last edited:
Why would it be an insult if Pav was already agreed to be the backup?
I think Dana means that offering Stipe the Pav fight rather than the one with Jones would be an insult to his legacy as the greatest HW of all time. I do think that Dana views it as a legacy fight between two titans of the sport and legends.

You have to juxtapose two legends and greats of the sport with two young nobodies with very few fights. I think Dana means that Pav and Aspinall are not worthy of both greats at the moment, and it would be an insult to offer Stipe crumbs rather than an all time great.

I also think Dana means that the legacy of jon jones and Stipe outshines two children.

I am paraphrasing it for you.

Last edited:
Stating the obvious.

There is no rational case for Jon holding a belt he won't defend against the interim champ.

Pretending a guy who hasn't won in 4 years or beat anyone in the rankings deserves the next shot is absurd.

the fact that Jon got to DECIDE who he defends against is fucking absurd in itself

Tbf there are a few good Russians in ACA. Goncharov, Vyazigin, Vakhaev, Kornilov and Bogatyrev would all be fine in the UFC but they don't want too many of them.

But yeah in terms of looking for talent it's as bad as women's bantamweight

Different fighters with different circumstances. Jones has 11 or 12 successful LHW title defenses depending upon how you categorize the one KO victory against Cormier later being ruled a NC due to illegal PED use. Jones is injured.

McGregor has zero successful title defenses and zero title defenses. He refused to fight contenders after taking the LW belt from Alvarez. McGregor was not injured. At some point the UFC had to act out of fairness to the other contenders in the LW division.

I think Dana means that offering Stipe the Pav fight rather than the one with Jones would be an insult to his legacy as the greatest HW of all time. I do think that Dana views it as a legacy fight between two titans of the sport and legends.

You have to juxtapose two legends and greats of the sport with two young nobodies with very few fights. I think Dana means that Pav and Aspinall are not worthy of both greats at the moment, and it would be an insult to offer Stipe crumbs rather than an all time great.

I also think Dana means that the legacy of jon jones and Stipe outshines two children.

I am paraphrasing it for you.
So they asked Pav if he would train and weigh in as a backup for Jones/Stipe but then did the switcheroo on him because they never had any intention of letting either fight Pav? Is this your story? Aspinall says very clearly that the UFC told him Jones was out and Stipe didn't want to fight because it wasn't Jones, so Dana or someone lied to Aspinall about it.

So they asked Pav if he would train and weigh in as a backup for Jones/Stipe but then did the switcheroo on him because they never had any intention of letting either fight Pav? Is this your story? Aspinall says very clearly that the UFC told him Jones was out and Stipe didn't want to fight because it wasn't Jones, so Dana or someone lied to Aspinall about it.
I have no idea what Aspinall stated nor do I know if what he is saying is true or accurate. I have no idea about the UFC's intention with Pav.

All I know is what Dana mentioned and stated out of his own mouth. You can watch him say it himself , this is not my story. If you have questions about what transpired, you can text Dana at his X page.

PS:

I do not have any involvement with this group or with the people in it, I do not know how I am here. I also do not support any actions by members of this group nor affiliations. Thank You

Last edited:
“What is it 511 days on the date that Jon Jones has not been active? And that was the same point that Conor McGregor was stripped of his title… For me, I think they should make it [Aspinall vs Blaydes] the official title and put it as the main event.”
They should make it for the official title but the GOATlal title fight is still more important so it should still be the main event

So they asked Pav if he would train and weigh in as a backup for Jones/Stipe but then did the switcheroo on him because they never had any intention of letting either fight Pav?

well, they pretty much did that to Arman when Islam needed an opponent and chose no training camp Volk over him.

Back