Crossing the US/CAN Border (Legally) - Any good stories?

Adamant

Adamantium Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
When crossing the border from the US to Canada or vis versa, do you have any funny or interesting stories to tell about border patrol and the way they treated you, questions they asked you, how long they held you before letting you pass (or making you turn back)?

Friend was coming back into Canada. When they asked if he had anything to declare he, for some reason, said "Yeth. I'm gay" in the most over the top way he could muster.

Not surprisingly, they were not amused. They held him for a while and searched his car. I can't remember all the details though.

American border patrol are power hungry just trying to over exert their authority

Friend was coming back into Canada. When they asked if he had anything to declare he, for some reason, said "Yeth. I'm gay" in the most over the top way he could muster.

Not surprisingly, they were not amused. They held him for a while and searched his car. I can't remember all the details though.
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Got detained for several hours because a dumb girl we were with had a joint on her. She was fat so it made us mad at her more. I was searched.......analy

Never had the chance to go to Canada then they started making passports mandatory.

I have a passport now but lost it in my house somewhere. Still haven't been to Canada.

When I was flying to Canada from Chicago, I was seated next to a crazy young woman. She was talking to her iphone, kissing it and laughing.

I remember hearing about people getting in trouble over kinder surprise eggs. Apparently, they're illegal in the US. :S

04052012_0405_hires1.jpg

Last time I went to Canada I was a young kid and I don't remember having any major issues. I was with my family and we just wanted to see Niagra Falls.

I remember hearing about people getting in trouble over kinder surprise eggs. Apparently, they're illegal in the US. :S

04052012_0405_hires1.jpg

Yeah something to do with putting toys in candy and choking hazards or something.

Their all dicks (well, maybe not all, but well over 90%).

I travel alot for work, and I dread having to cross the border (particularly when driving). It's like the took all the worst characteristics of police officers, gave them inordinate authority/power (but none of the responsibility) and gave the jobs to a bunch of slack jawed yokels with a superiority complex.

Worst yet, you are obliged to be their bitch unless you want to be detained or have your car searched.

In 1995 we went to Canada to buy cars. While waiting in line in the vehicle to go into Canada, one of the other guys jokingly says that he forgot that he had a gun in his bag.

We get to the checkpoint and they ask why we are coming to Canada. The driver says to buy cars. They asked how much money we are carrying and nobody had over $200. They asked how we were going to buy cars without money and we explained wire transfer to a bank.

Then they asked if we had any guns with. Everybody said no. They asked if we owned any guns. Everybody said yes. They asked if we owned any handguns. Everybody said yes. They had us pull over and searched the vehicle and our luggage.

Their all dicks (well, maybe not all, but well over 90%).

I travel alot for work, and I dread having to cross the border (particularly when driving). It's like the took all the worst characteristics of police officers, gave them inordinate authority/power (but none of the responsibility) and gave the jobs to a bunch of slack jawed yokels with a superiority complex.

Worst yet, you are obliged to be their bitch unless you want to be detained or have your car searched.
get a Nexus card...

I was crossing into Sault Ste Marie from the UP of Michigan in 2002... they made me pull over, detained me while they ran my background. Turns out they didn't want me in their country because I had gotten a DUI a year before. Which sucks, but whatever.

What was total bullshit was them ripping my car apart searching for god knows what, then telling me to turn around and not come back afterward. After that, I won't drive into Canada. Assholes.

I was crossing into Sault Ste Marie from the UP of Michigan in 2002... they made me pull over, detained me while they ran my background. Turns out they didn't want me in their country because I had gotten a DUI a year before. Which sucks, but whatever.

What was total bullshit was them ripping my car apart searching for god knows what, then telling me to turn around and not come back afterward. After that, I won't drive into Canada. Assholes.
they weren't ghey for Jesus...

I've never actually tried to enter the US since I had a DUI like ten years ago and I'm not exactly sure how that would work

my ex gf drove 5 hours to the border to see her sister who lives in canada and they refused her entry because a few years before she had a DUI on her record..

I have drove through twice. going into the border by buffalo/ Niagra area I was just waived through(u just needed a license to cross back then) but going up to montreal from Vermont it is basically all farm land and I was the only car going in so they asked me a million questions. Coming into the states was worse... didnt get searched but they asked a ton of questions.

I've heard Canadians are even worse.

No, not a chance. I worked for an importer for years and Canadian customs is a joke compared to US customs. US customs officers seem much more serious and put more effort into making you nervous.

No offense, but I love the idea of turning away drivers with a history of DUI.

Back