Crossing the US/CAN Border (Legally) - Any good stories?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Adamant, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Adamant

Adamant GOLD BELT

When crossing the border from the US to Canada or vis versa, do you have any funny or interesting stories to tell about border patrol and the way they treated you, questions they asked you, how long they held you before letting you pass (or making you turn back)?

2. odog

odog A cat trapped in a dog's body

Friend was coming back into Canada. When they asked if he had anything to declare he, for some reason, said "Yeth. I'm gay" in the most over the top way he could muster.

Not surprisingly, they were not amused. They held him for a while and searched his car. I can't remember all the details though.

Reyesnuthugr, cartizel, TeTe and 5 others like this.
  3. wlu29

wlu29 Banned Banned

American border patrol are power hungry just trying to over exert their authority

Ninja and TeTe like this.
  4. Slobodan

Slobodan Вело ;) Staff Member Senior Moderator

Hahahahahahahahahaha

5. Adamant

Adamant GOLD BELT

I've heard Canadians are even worse.

6. I Am Legion

I Am Legion Red Belt

Got detained for several hours because a dumb girl we were with had a joint on her. She was fat so it made us mad at her more. I was searched.......analy

cartizel, ajwbjj87 and JbModest like this.
  7. phipps66

phipps66 Brown Belt

Never had the chance to go to Canada then they started making passports mandatory.

I have a passport now but lost it in my house somewhere. Still haven't been to Canada.

8. JbModest

JbModest Brown Belt

When I was flying to Canada from Chicago, I was seated next to a crazy young woman. She was talking to her iphone, kissing it and laughing.

9. Serana

Serana Destroyer. Platinum Member

I remember hearing about people getting in trouble over kinder surprise eggs. Apparently, they're illegal in the US. :S

[​IMG]

Mood Swings and Brampton_Boy like this.
  10. rocketskates

rocketskates Black Belt

Last time I went to Canada I was a young kid and I don't remember having any major issues. I was with my family and we just wanted to see Niagra Falls.

11. rocketskates

rocketskates Black Belt

Yeah something to do with putting toys in candy and choking hazards or something.

12. Brampton_Boy

Brampton_Boy Douchey Mc Douche

Their all dicks (well, maybe not all, but well over 90%).

I travel alot for work, and I dread having to cross the border (particularly when driving). It's like the took all the worst characteristics of police officers, gave them inordinate authority/power (but none of the responsibility) and gave the jobs to a bunch of slack jawed yokels with a superiority complex.

Worst yet, you are obliged to be their bitch unless you want to be detained or have your car searched.

13. ralphc1

ralphc1 Steel Belt Platinum Member

In 1995 we went to Canada to buy cars. While waiting in line in the vehicle to go into Canada, one of the other guys jokingly says that he forgot that he had a gun in his bag.

We get to the checkpoint and they ask why we are coming to Canada. The driver says to buy cars. They asked how much money we are carrying and nobody had over $200. They asked how we were going to buy cars without money and we explained wire transfer to a bank.

Then they asked if we had any guns with. Everybody said no. They asked if we owned any guns. Everybody said yes. They asked if we owned any handguns. Everybody said yes. They had us pull over and searched the vehicle and our luggage.

14. Alpha Omega Man

Alpha Omega Man go on... Banned

get a Nexus card...

15. TeTe

TeTe Favorite Worst Nightmare Staff Member Senior Moderator

I was crossing into Sault Ste Marie from the UP of Michigan in 2002... they made me pull over, detained me while they ran my background. Turns out they didn't want me in their country because I had gotten a DUI a year before. Which sucks, but whatever.

What was total bullshit was them ripping my car apart searching for god knows what, then telling me to turn around and not come back afterward. After that, I won't drive into Canada. Assholes.

MmaGirl10 and Lethal like this.
  16. Alpha Omega Man

Alpha Omega Man go on... Banned

they weren't ghey for Jesus...

17. ajwbjj87

ajwbjj87 Black Belt

I've never actually tried to enter the US since I had a DUI like ten years ago and I'm not exactly sure how that would work

18. grimkitty

grimkitty size 33 belt

my ex gf drove 5 hours to the border to see her sister who lives in canada and they refused her entry because a few years before she had a DUI on her record..

I have drove through twice. going into the border by buffalo/ Niagra area I was just waived through(u just needed a license to cross back then) but going up to montreal from Vermont it is basically all farm land and I was the only car going in so they asked me a million questions. Coming into the states was worse... didnt get searched but they asked a ton of questions.

19. Loiosh

Loiosh Detective Platinum Member

No, not a chance. I worked for an importer for years and Canadian customs is a joke compared to US customs. US customs officers seem much more serious and put more effort into making you nervous.

20. Loiosh

Loiosh Detective Platinum Member

No offense, but I love the idea of turning away drivers with a history of DUI.