Social Crisis on the border. Verified

Okay first of all,

The U.S. has given millions upon millions of dollars of Foreign Aid for YEARS now to those Countries and YET THEY STILL have people leaving and coming here.

So where does all that money go, that is supposed to be used to IMPROVE THE Q.O.L(Quality of Life) there?

That's why Foreign Aid is going to be cut because all we're doing apparently is giving the Corrupt Government officials there our money for free.

Now moving forward, I do have misgivings about shutting down the border only because it would shut down the LEGAL points of entry.

I'd rather that Trump focus on the WALL / BARRIER / WHATEVER-THE-FUCK-THEY-CALL-IT to keep caravans of people from getting into the U.S. illegally.

Closing the points of entry will not only negatively affect those who are actually doing it THE RIGHT WAY (as far as wanting to obtain Citizenship), but it will hurt Trade in a big way.

Didn't Trump and Mexico sign some kind of Trade Agreement recently?

Yes, I did say in an earlier post to shut the border down but I thought about the consequences of doing so and I'm not so sure anymore.
I didn't read that post so I wasn't directing this at you but I'm glad you're giving it second thoughts.

We're always going to have people seeking asylum or wanting to emigrate here. If we try to foster democracy and help to fight corruption in other countries it will help to keep those numbers down. The aid we give should be fully accounted for, to prevent corruption and ensure it's being used to help the general population, not just the people in power.

There is no consensus that a barrier is the most effective or cost efficient method to deal with this problem. In his efforts to force funding for his project he in fact seems to be making the problem worse.

Threatening to shut down the border is a farce. If more personnel are needed to patrol the border then spend some of the money allocated for border security. If he actually goes through with it I suspect it will blow up in his face even worse than the government shutdown did.

Incorrect.

y6305wd2q6kz.jpg

I didn't read that post so I wasn't directing this at you but I'm glad you're giving it second thoughts.

It was a post where I had a link to an article saying how if the Border was closed, farmers said we'd have no more avocados. Yes....THAT is an actual story. <Lmaoo>

That's why I was like "Who the fuck cares? That's no excuse. Close the border now! rabble, rabble..." before I thought more carefully on that.

We're always going to have people seeking asylum or wanting to emigrate here. If we try to foster democracy and help to fight corruption in other countries it will help to keep those numbers down. The aid we give should be fully accounted for, to prevent corruption and ensure it's being used to help the general population, not just the people in power.

The only way unfortunately to be sure of there being no corruption is to help those countries overthrow their own government who are, no doubt, in league with the Drug Cartels there.

And those Drug Cartels have remained a thorn in everyone's side for a long time now.

There is no consensus that a barrier is the most effective or cost efficient method to deal with this problem. In his efforts to force funding for his project he in fact seems to be making the problem worse.

Threatening to shut down the border is a farce. If more personnel are needed to patrol the border then spend some of the money allocated for border security. If he actually goes through with it I suspect it will blow up in his face even worse than the government shutdown did.

I disagree that there is no consensus that a barrier is the most effective 'cause we've got the Entire Border Patrol and DHS stating that Barriers(Walls) DO work.

Now I do agree with past arguments that Man-Power is also needed along with newer technology to SUPPLEMENT that Barrier(Wall) because let's face it : If a Wall is left unmanned, all the illegals have to do is find a tall enough ladder and just climb over. We need more patrol people to be there once "intruders" are detected at that barrier.

A barrier ALONE won't be all that effective but a BARRIER *WITH* MORE PEOPLE AND TECHNOLOGY WILL.

And I just feel that Trump won't just leave it at simply building a wall(barrier) and that's it. He's not so brain-dead as to ignore that issue. It's common sense.

Though if he closes the border here, I'll have to question not his common sense but his SANITY.

EDIT : Of course it's nice that FINALLY some of the Dems are forced to acknowledge that there *IS* a Crisis at the border; something Trump has said from the beginning, but that's a different argument for another time.

Macedonian combined arms were clearly ahead of their time, too bad they required a level of professionalism that could never be matched by the diadochi. I would place my bets on Alexander over Rome in open warfare.
Rome from when? I think Roman tactics from period to period would favor quite distinctly against, say, a Phalanx force with a heavy emphasis on soldiers wielding Sarissas. We talking Maniple era Rome? Cohort era?

There's a related convo going on in another thread:

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/150767401/

<36>

No and I accept your surrender.

Yeah, you are, and you did a shit job hiding it. The same inability to address critiques of your position, and insisting you have brought the facts without bringing a single one.

I wish I had some PBS docs for kids for you to not be able to comprehend.

<36>

No and I accept your surrender.

An aside, but somewhat related to this contention I have with your willful ignorance, ODB. Do you see any use in literature? Since you see no value in learning about other places unless you were to require living in those places, what value do you see in reading, say, A Tale of Two Cities?

Also: You still have that shitty mustache?

Yeah, you are, and you did a shit job hiding it. The same inability to address critiques of your position, and insisting you have brought the facts without bringing a single one.

I wish I had some PBS docs for kids for you to not be able to comprehend.

An aside, but somewhat related to this contention I have with your willful ignorance, ODB. Do you see any use in literature? Since you see no value in learning about other places unless you were to require living in those places, what value do you see in reading, say, A Tale of Two Cities?

Also: You still have that shitty mustache?

LOL you lost. It's time move on.

The planned and paid for invasion is a farce.

Entering the country illegally is wrong. Saying this does not make you a racist and pretending that open borders is okay doesn’t make you a saint.

How large of an issue the sum of illegal immigration is, would be difficult to measure and debatable.

However, I am suspicious of anyone’s reasons for considering illegal immigration to be the largest problem facing the county, and admit that their motivations might be racial.

Why weren’t those people making a larger problem out of the housing crisis, orchestrated by wealthy whites that bankrupted half the country?

I just went to Mexico for the weekend (rocky point, mexico) and guess what? Fuck you and your fox propaganda there is no damn border crisis, invasion, etc.
I bet most of you have never even been close to the border or live in a border state, just stop the bull shit.
Had an amazing time at the beach like always

^ So we should trust you and not the Border Patrol and Department of Homeland Security then (who...you know...KNOW MORE about this issue than you)?

Yeah. Let's all do that instead since you're such a more reliable source. {<diva}{<diva}{<diva}

Anyway....Bumping this thread because of this :

Looks like we won't be shutting down the border anytime soon thankfully, @LangfordBarrow .

As much as I like Trump and the job he's doing, THIS would've not been one of his better ideas to say the least. <6><6><6><6><6>

Stick to "The Wall", Mr. President.

Last edited:
Big Tim is not a racist, so he doesn’t understand the question.

iLLhPM1.jpg

When a border is meant to say turn around and go the fuck back home, but instead acts like a flood gate when the numbers are so high that the only choice is to let them in and welfare, schooling and pampering.
{<huh} <Huh2>

A group of individuals attempt to rush Texas port of entry
PHARR, Texas - Border Patrol agents were assaulted as a group of 47 individuals attempted to rush the Pharr International Bridge Friday morning.

The bridge was temporarily closed at about 4 a.m. when the 47 individuals attempted to illegally enter the United States, according to Channel 4 Valley Central News. The rush was said to have happened in three waves where the group rushed temporary barricades. Commands to stop were said and ignored which led to bent metal poles and disabled the barbed wire on the barriers.

Valley Central News say several men in the group pushed through the barriers and once confronted by border patrol agents, they began assaulting the officers and attempting to grab the officer's protective devices.

Officers used tear gas and pepper ball launching systems to attempt to stop the group.

16 individuals were apprehended by border patrol officers. Mexican officials responded, where they contained the remaining individuals and removed them from the bridge.
Must have been a pretty terrifying situation. Wonderful restraint by our officers.

A group of individuals attempt to rush Texas port of entry

Must have been a pretty terrifying situation. Wonderful restraint by our officers.

Oh how the media and the Lefties would loooove to have one of those illegals gunned down doing this. I'm sure they'd prefer a woman or child. No respect paid to our brave border officers and the dangers they face. Just hoping for another photo of a dead kid on the border to make headlines and blame Trump. What a nightmare.

I grew up in San Diego and it was just common place if you lived in the suburbs to hire one or two illegals to help you with your landscaping. They never negotiate a price, they typically would take what you think they were owed for the work they did. They never got upset if they were underpaid but you made sure not to as that would be the last time you received any help.

They would work until sunset non-stop busting their asses for sometimes $20 a day. They would go home into their makeshift homes which were tarps near the hill line far back away so they could not be spotted

Your heartbreaking story makes no sense. You clearly made this up/exaggerated it.

So no one underpaid them, but sometimes they worked all day for $20? Which is it?

Also, next time please post some sad violin music from YouTube for effect.

Back