Could Prime Rampage Sprawl and Brawl GSP?

Weight classes exist for a reason. Rampage was a world class light heavyweight. He would have his way with any welterweight

IMO "the" Rampage fresh come from Pride IS the best lhw mma fans've ever seen.

that wasnt prime rampage. Prime rampage knocks saku's head off and he kills GSP too.

The Page that fought hendo and chuck 2 would destroy these guys lol. That version of page could give any man alive a tough fight

Nah, Rampage is way overrated here. Chuck was 38 and showing signs of decline before that fight. he went on to win a total of 1 more fight with 5 or 6 losses. Hendo gave Rampage all he could handle...then MW Anderson destroyed the same Hendo eight months later.

"Prime" Rampage (whenever that is, somewhere between 2003-2008) probably beats GSP due to a ridiculous size disparity. Rampage was like 240-250 between fights. But Matt Lindland came darn close to beating Rampage in Pride, so GSP has a shot.

What?

Rampage is probably a top 5 LHW all-time.

You have some pretty high standards if that's not "really any good".

For his career, I disagree.

He was good for a few years in Pride when he used his wrestling and GnP but he couldn't beat Wand or Shogun...had NO CHANCE against either, actually.

He won the belt in UFC by beating Chuck, who he had already destroyed in Pride.

Then he KOd a deflated Wand but that's about all he accomplished after Pride.

garbage fucking thread. rampage destroys him, there's a reason there's weight classes. also he was scared shitless of anderson. imagine a 205er

Weight classes exist for a reason. You should get banned for this thread.

How young are you guys?

How pussy is 2019 MMA?

You all acting like this type ogf fight is unheard of.

Its only like 15 years ago Wand was fighting fuqqin Hunto and Cro Cop !

Minowa fought anyone from any weight class.

It's as if Sherdoggers are too dumb to realize that weight classes exist for a reason in modern MMA.

Really? Bc all GSP has to do is move around for five mins and Rampage is asking his corner to give him oxygen. This isn't rocket science.

Rampage of 04 had no issues with his cardio.

Delusion is thinking that a guy who spent his career at 170 lbs and literally almost destroyed his body putting on weight to make 185, would beat one of the best 205 lb fighters of all time, who had really good TDD, way more power, and hit really fucking hard.

GSP is amazing and rightfully deserves his place in the mt rushmore of MMA, but, lol @ acting as if weight classes in modern MMA don't exist for a reason.

This isn't Minowa fighting Giant Silva.

I’m thinking he could.

Rampage did well against Matt Lindland and Dan Henderson who I think beat GSP.

GSP struggled past LHW Bisping. The size and strength difference was too much.

Rampage takes him I think.

Lol. Rampage is a thick strong LHW that has an amazing base with tremendous power. GSP is arguably the GOAT but Rampage would stuff those take downs and would send GSP to la la land.

Really? Bc all GSP has to do is move around for five mins and Rampage is asking his corner to give him oxygen. This isn't rocket science.

Rampage didn't always gas lmao

In his prime he could fight hard for the distance and fuck dudes up

Rampage of 04 had no issues with his cardio.

Delusion is thinking that a guy who spent his career at 170 lbs and literally almost destroyed his body putting on weight to make 185, would beat one of the best 205 lb fighters of all time, who had really good TDD, way more power, and hit really fucking hard.

GSP is amazing and rightfully deserves his place in the mt rushmore of MMA, but, lol @ acting as if weight classes in modern MMA don't exist for a reason.

This isn't Minowa fighting Giant Silva.
I guess we will test your weight class theory this weekend. It isn't that cut and dry. That's why guys who should be WW's KO guys at LHW like Sokoudjou, it isn't cut and dry.

You have to be willing to take the fight for this level of speculation... we sure as fuck know that any version of GSP wouldn’t step foot in the cage with Prime Page.

Rampage stopped caring about his career but we shouldn't forget how good he was in the past. He would absolutely ragdoll a much smaller and weaker GSP

Rampage was always fascinating to me. He kinda sucked in terms of technique but nobody really made him pay for it. I believe he is still a white-blue belt level grappler. I see these videos where he isn't working well against smaller purple belts on ground but was able to maintain top due to strength. Even before he cleaned up his striking; it was sorta raw and unrefined.

Nah, Rampage is way overrated here. Chuck was 38 and showing signs of decline before that fight. he went on to win a total of 1 more fight with 5 or 6 losses. Hendo gave Rampage all he could handle...then MW Anderson destroyed the same Hendo eight months later.

"Prime" Rampage (whenever that is, somewhere between 2003-2008) probably beats GSP due to a ridiculous size disparity. Rampage was like 240-250 between fights. But Matt Lindland came darn close to beating Rampage in Pride, so GSP has a shot.

Bah, Liddell had nothing for Jackson when he was peaked out at 34 either. Bad style matchup. Rampage didn’t hit as hard, but he had better hands, an iron chin and very solid wrestling.

Back