Could Prime Rampage Sprawl and Brawl GSP?

Could Overeem take a flush uppercut from prime Mike Tyson?
jason%2Buppercut.gif

I like GSP to get him down and frustrate the shit out of Rampage. Besides for Jon Jones (...and I am not schooled in wrestling enough to which guy is better) GSP is the best wrestling we have ever seen. That said, there is no reason to believe Rampage couldn’t KO him or slam his ass as he goes for a double.

Prime Rampage (Liddel 2) was an absolute Beast. Good gas tank, solid wrestling, and insane power. Being 2 weight classes bigger, he easily KO’s GSP.

GSP murders him. He was better at everything except power punching.

Yes. I think Rampage would be too much for GSP.

Prime Rampage (Liddel 2) was an absolute Beast. Good gas tank, solid wrestling, and insane power. Being 2 weight classes bigger, he easily KO’s GSP.

I tend to think so, whilst GSP was able to beat Bisping in the end for me he clearly struggled with his size and Rampage is larger, a better wrestler and has more power.

I think Rampage's main weaknesses was in the clinch and GSP was never really that dangerous there, Jackson was able to shut down a prime Randleman's wrestling from range.

I’m thinking he could.

Rampage did well against Matt Lindland and Dan Henderson who I think beat GSP.

GSP struggled past LHW Bisping. The size and strength difference was too much.

Rampage takes him I think.
Yeah , I think so, I'm a big Rampage fan so I might be biased , bu in his prime he had good boxing and great takedown defense, I think he could use his size to diffuse the wrestling and counter the jab.

Saku beat a super green Rampage. 2003 Rampage kills Sakuraba
Don’t expect many here to know that.

Depends what rampage. If it's the barely trained rampage from the Oyama days who was getting by on raw physicality maybe. If it was the rampage who foght for and won the belt with much more refined boxing and training then probably not as Quinton would be like a good 35-40 lbs heavier than him. Saku fought the Oyama days rampage and it showed.
If by 'green' y´all mean mentally unprepared for the big stage/big fights [which led him to a poor gameplan/fight IQ], I agree.

Otherwise, it´s kindah tricky to assess the evolution of Rampage´s skill set since his Fabiano Iha days in Gladiator Challenge (& KOTC by extension).

Yup. You took it better than others did though. I only asked bc you're actually a poster I like around here. My original post wasn't meant for you, if you get me.

Same. Just annoyed i suppose. In theory any fighter can beat another but theres a reason why gsp fought 170. Rampage was picking up n dumping HWs like Igor.

Back