Could Prime Rampage Sprawl and Brawl GSP?

I say it's a toss up. GSP gets murdered if he can't get it to the ground.

Jake Shields wrestlefooked Dan Henderson. I think GSP can easily wrestlefook and gas out Rampage.

Context needed

.... Dan Henderson came in with a bad back and nearly killed Jake in the first round then he couldnt move.

He didnt gas ... he just couldnt sprawl due to his back. Try giving full context next time.

He could sprawl Gsp out of prime ^^ at 255 pounds

Saku beat Rampage. GSP probably does too.
Depends what rampage. If it's the barely trained rampage from the Oyama days who was getting by on raw physicality maybe. If it was the rampage who foght for and won the belt with much more refined boxing and training then probably not as Quinton would be like a good 35-40 lbs heavier than him. Saku fought the Oyama days rampage and it showed.

It would be an interesting fight for sure. GSP was clearly better in every aspect but the weight difference might be too much

Really? Bc all GSP has to do is move around for five mins and Rampage is asking his corner to give him oxygen. This isn't rocket science.
Prime Rampage didnt have conditioning issues. When he was fucking up Chuck, Igor, Randleman... GSP would have been mincemeat.

Yes, I absolutely think Rashad would go 100% while training wrestling. It's not like they are knocking each other out with head kicks they are grappling.

I've done a lot of very competitive wrestling my whole life and no, people a couple weight classes heavier don't "go easy" on you just because you are 30 lbs lighter. That's not how competitive wrestling teams work. If anything they will go harder than usual if you start beating heavier wrestlers because they feel embarassed getting handled by a lighter dude.

And unlike the case with Cummins Rashad was not fighting GSP. And unlike Edmond, Rashad is not some overdramatic retard prone to obvious bullshit.

But did rashad ever say gsp was owing him, or do ppl go mostly with that promotional video before bj fight?

when guys are at the top of the sport fighting for the titles n making millions, they don’t go all out in practice n potentially injure each other.

Rashad went there to help gsp prepare for a fight. He didn’t go there to prove he’s better wrestler with 30 pounds advantage. Its not like those open sparring sessions n no names guys with egos trying to make a name for themselves. A lot of fighters actually said they don’t like sparring with those no name guys going really hard in practice.

But did rashad ever say gsp was owing him, or do ppl go mostly with that promotional video before bj fight?

when guys are at the top of the sport fighting for the titles n making millions, they don’t go all out in practice n potentially injure each other.

Rashad went there to help gsp prepare for a fight. He didn’t go there to prove he’s better wrestler with 30 pounds advantage. Its not like those open sparring sessions n no names guys with egos trying to make a name for themselves. A lot of fighters actually said they don’t like sparring with those no name guys going really hard in practice.

There is a huge difference between things like hard striking/mma sparring and grappling arts. Especially when it comes to wrestlers and how they train.

Source: I have wrestled at the California state tournament level and trained with several UFC fighters including one during his camp for a fight with Anderson Silva. Fighters vary intensity for the most part in practice but by and large I know how they train. Especially wrestlers.

I think I found simulation of how that fight would go

Jesus Christ. Do ya think Rapage was a joke fighter? GSP is my guy but he would get fucked up man,

There is a huge difference between things like hard striking/mma sparring and grappling arts. Especially when it comes to wrestlers and how they train.

Source: I have wrestled at the California state tournament level and trained with several UFC fighters including one during his camp for a fight with Anderson Silva. Fighters vary intensity for the most part in practice but by and large I know how they train. Especially wrestlers.

Cool n I’ve seen pro ufc fighters come to a wrestling school where I used to train n most of the time they would work on technique n not so much on trying to out wrestle each other

Again I doubt they would bring 30 heavier rashad n make them do 100% wrestling drills

Really? Bc all GSP has to do is move around for five mins and Rampage is asking his corner to give him oxygen. This isn't rocket science.
Gsp is cerebral in his attack style......he fights where he believes he can win. Gsp has/had the highest fight iq we have seen to date

Based on what? Which fights?

Please enlighten us.

lmao do your own homework if you dont know what im talking about. that wasnt some tin foil hat statement. Some of the vets like Goodridge even said up to 90% of the early fights were fixed.
theres stories of guys getting offered MORE to lose, paid to fight hurt. Just go read about it lol. Enlighten your self, thats not my job.

Back