Could Prime Rampage Sprawl and Brawl GSP?

Member khabib gets wastelanded yet gsp vs a rampage is fine
Horrible thread

Could Overeem take a flush uppercut from prime Mike Tyson?

This Ubereem could. Not econoreem.

alistair-overeem-steroids2.jpg
alisterovereem1x_576.jpg

images

Bah, Liddell had nothing for Jackson when he was peaked out at 34 either. Bad style matchup. Rampage didn’t hit as hard, but he had better hands, an iron chin and very solid wrestling.

I actually agree, but I think that says more about Chuck--he simply wasn't tested by dangerous strikers in his UFC prime. Almost everyone he fought was a grappler. Belfort, who was in a lull between his two peaks (late 1990s and TRT comeback), gave him a pretty good fight as did Guy Mezger. If Rampage hadn't KO'd him, tons of other newer fighters (including Pride transfer) fighters would've beaten him: Machida, Hendo, Shogun (later did), Rashad (later did) even freakin' Keith Jardine beat Chuck his next fight.

lmao do your own homework if you dont know what im talking about. that wasnt some tin foil hat statement. Some of the vets like Goodridge even said up to 90% of the early fights were fixed.
theres stories of guys getting offered MORE to lose, paid to fight hurt. Just go read about it lol. Enlighten your self, thats not my job.
Thanks mate, I appreciate, Im actually tryin´to learn more about this shit...
I´ll try to do my homework...

you think i care about that shit lol?

I have watched MANY MANY fighters from pride and the pride era say too much shady shit about pride. Im not saying its true. i just simply take everything from that era with a grain of salt. You would be wise to do the same...how about you do some homework NOT on sherdog

I guess we will test your weight class theory this weekend. It isn't that cut and dry. That's why guys who should be WW's KO guys at LHW like Sokoudjou, it isn't cut and dry.

yeah you really have no idea how weight makes a difference when two athletes are somewhat comparable in terms of being an elite fighter.

Also, you have no idea how style match-ups work either. Thinking "prime GSP" would beat "prime Rampage" shows how delusional you are. Sure, it could happen, Serra beat GSP so anything can happen, but, you'd have to be a fool to think GSP is going to win more than 1/5 times, if that.

The randleman fight was a great display of TDD but I guess it boils down to how you define “prime.” To me prime Rampage didn’t emerge until he came to the UFC. His boxing had gotten so good he had completely abandoned offensive wrestling and was taken down by pretty much anybody who tried. I’m not talking about heavyweight rampage either.
his prime was in the UFC i would say his peek was the hendo fight. He didnt get taken down by a single person i dont think during this time. Are you making shit shit up as you go or remembering incorrectly ? He really fell off after he found out Juainto was stealing from him, that was the end of his prime and then came more injuries.

he still had his prime wrestling early in the UFC that he displayed vs Randleman IMO

his prime was in the UFC i would say his peek was the hendo fight. He didnt get taken down by a single person i dont think during this time. Are you making shit shit up as you go or remembering incorrectly ? He really fell off after he found out Juainto was stealing from him, that was the end of his prime and then came more injuries.

he still had his prime wrestling early in the UFC that he displayed vs Randleman IMO
Dan took him down 3 times.
Rashad took him down 3 times
Jon took him down 2 times
Chuck was a striking match
Wanderlei was a striking match
I thought Forrest took him down but I guess I remembered that wrong.
Machida took him down 1 time
Bader took him down 4 times
Glover took him down 5 times

After the randleman fight in pride, dong sik yoon took him down twice.

Maybe it didn’t suck, but his TDD wasn’t the greatest

Last edited:
yeah you really have no idea how weight makes a difference when two athletes are somewhat comparable in terms of being an elite fighter.

Also, you have no idea how style match-ups work either. Thinking "prime GSP" would beat "prime Rampage" shows how delusional you are. Sure, it could happen, Serra beat GSP so anything can happen, but, you'd have to be a fool to think GSP is going to win more than 1/5 times, if that.
I honestly think his speed advantage and his jab give him the edge. Everyone here keeps talking TDs, I doubt he'd be that dumb. He's cerebral, he game plans, and he uses what gives him the edge. He's fast on his feet and has one of the best jobs we have ever seen.

Why are you so upset though?

Prime GSP blankets Prime Page all day every day. Rampage could get a lucky initial punch in, but that's his only hope. Rampage is/was a fish out of water on his back against mediocre wrestlers, GSP would embarrass him.

Dan took him down 3 times.
Rashad took him down 3 times
Jon took him down 2 times
Chuck was a striking match
Wanderlei was a striking match
I thought Forrest took him down but I guess I remembered that wrong.
Machida took him down 1 time
Bader took him down 4 times
Glover took him down 5 times

After the randleman fight in pride, dong sik yoon took him down twice.

Maybe it didn’t suck, but his TDD wasn’t the greatest

wow wow wow...do you know when Juanito left?

most of this list is well after that and he was banged up bad for a lot of those fights too. Dong sik yoon was in that time and so was hendo.. He did out wrestle both of those guys though right?

either way you already corrected your self it didnt fuck by any means lol. He flatlines GSP without a doubt though.

GSP mops up fat HW rampage though for sure. He is a shell of him self and people are starting to only remeber the whining complaing rampage

I’m thinking he could.

Rampage did well against Matt Lindland and Dan Henderson who I think beat GSP.

GSP struggled past LHW Bisping. The size and strength difference was too much.

Rampage takes him I think.
You think Matt Lindland beats GSP?

Lol tell me another one.

GSP beat one eyed Bisping and all of the sudden he beats LHW champs in their prime?

Stop eating paint chips dude.

Back