Social Cop goes to wrong house, shoots dead dog because it barked at him

Genuine mistake. The city should pay but I can't see disciplining the officer unless it was a significant error on his part and, normally, going to the wrong house isn't such a thing.

When are dogs going to take responsibility for barking so much? What do you expect when you bark at a cop, that he apologizes and pets you?
The cop just wanted to get home to his family. He had no choice.
The media's probably gonna show pictures of the dog when he was at obedient school to drum up sympathy

This thread is delivering comedy gold.

One day.....
intro-1558094607.jpg

Genuine mistake. The city should pay but I can't see disciplining the officer unless it was a significant error on his part and, normally, going to the wrong house isn't such a thing.

How the fuck is shooting a 10lbs dog in the owner's yard a mistake? You think he shot and was like, "oh, woops".

That's retarded. Take the retirement of cops not involved in the incident in order to punish some idiot who shot a dog. Great logic.

Like taking it from tax payers not involved in the incident.

Doggocide should be punishable by life in prison, unless it's a pit bull in which case you should get a medal
Well I'm not really a pitbull guy myself, but the problem is mostly with the owners and also the breeders. Most reputable GSD, Rott or Mal breeders won't just sell anyone one of their dogs. I've had a lot of working line GSDs and a Rott and the breeders I've bought from are very selective on who gets which dog. The most highly driven pups will only go to either a law enforcement agency or someone who is a very experienced and dominant handler. Pits just seem go to anyone with the cash. Not everyone is suited for every dog.

It sounds like the cop in danger if the report by the cops was correct. I hate seeing a dog shot because of dumb ass owners. The cop should have told the girl that was there to chain the dog.

Go back and read the cop went to the wrong house then asked which was the right trailer and the girl he asked i believe was the owner of the dog or part of the family anyway.

The mistake the cop made was not making sure the dog was secured before he moved on.

I hope the cop gets savaged by dogs and dies an extremely painful death. I would have murdered him on the spot.

Idiot cop. Maybe cops should actually have their guns taken from them until they have proven they are capable of handling one? How about having one armed cop and one unarmed cop in pairs. The unarmed cop can access the shotgun if an active shooter situation. Unarmed cops have to spend 4 years training under an armed cop before they can be given access to their own service pistol.

How the fuck is shooting a 10lbs dog in the owner's yard a mistake? You think he shot and was like, "oh, woops".
Sorry, I should have been more clear. Being at the wrong house is a genuine mistake. Shooting the dog is intentional but it's only a problem because it's at the wrong house. If he was at the right house, shooting the dog would have been fine. So, the city's going to have to pay but I think that's about it.

That's seriously sad to watch.

That is infuriating. Must have been incredibly difficult to not completely lose his shit and go ape.
When I had a dog, he was like family, and I can't imagine some fat fuck rolling up on my property , shooting my dog dead, and then not either A)hauling ass out of my sight, or B) profusely and immediately show some kind of remorse and apologize/call for help.
Guns allow cowards to completely turn off their brains.

Back