Social Cop goes to wrong house, shoots dead dog because it barked at him

the cop is going to get some well deserved paid time off. the owner should have taught his dog not to be racist and stop barking the N word

Did you read the post that said there were witnesses and they backed the cops story. The cop still should have asked for the dog to,be secured.

The cop didn’t go in a fenced yard or in a home. As far as the wrong address he asked and didn’t even knock on the wrong with the dog coming out. He was outside. If the dog charged him then he was justified if not then it was not .

What evidence is there of the dog charging at him? A dog barking at him is no reason to shoot it. Every once in a while a dog barks at my mom when she goes for a walk, some even run up towards the sidewalk but still stay in their yard. Is my mom justified to shoot these dogs?

Dogs aren’t looked at as that important in the courts, (except for law enforcement dogs) so there is no real risk for the cops to shoot the dog.

He should be charged in the same way a civi would be for shooting a dog. Fuck him with the dogs chew toy.

And he should be immediately terminated, then charged pressed, and the dog's owners should sue the city and the cop for emotional distress.

I blame people post all those cat memes. Dogs are second class species nowadays.

It happens a lot. Everywhere in the US.

Unfortunately, the boot licking Blue Lives Matter types aren't ones to form connections and empathize with humans let alone canines.
I worked at as a vet tech for only a year and I had two separate accounts of dogs that were shot and killed by police because they mistook the address, no fucking joke. I know that’s anecdotal but seems highly unlikely and absolutely bizarre that two cases would happen in a small area within a year if this kind of shit didn’t happen all the time. Both dogs were super sweet and not aggressive at all btw. Even when they were under extreme duress from gunshot wounds they were gentle.

The only, half-way valid excuse that I can imagine is that he thought that he was going into the house of a known, violent psychopath, and ended up bugging out when the dog came after him.

Otherwise just seems like a guy who wanted to use his gun. Maybe provoke the owner who he figured was going to be some sex-offending piece of shit, instead of a random family.

black labs matter
Hey hey .brown ones do too.
Chocolate-Labrador.jpg

my chocolate lab looks just like this^ you better believe that fat fuck would have a hard life if he did this to my dog.

I worked at as a vet tech for only a year and I had two separate accounts of dogs that were shot and killed by police because they mistook the address, no fucking joke. I know that’s anecdotal but seems highly unlikely and absolutely bizarre that two cases would happen in a small area within a year if this kind of shit didn’t happen all the time. Both dogs were super sweet and not aggressive at all btw. Even when they were under extreme duress from gunshot wounds they were gentle.
its funny, because i had a city job as a dispatcher for police and fire/ems for a year when i was younger. i quit that shit because the hours were ridiculous and the pay wasnt worth it

anyway, many of my coworkers were of course buddies with many of the cops, and many of them were dog lovers and were obsessed with the police canines and just dogs in general.

kind of ironic that were seeing cops just shoot dogs and other animals dead because they bark or appear threatening. its almost like they only care about their own police canines or there own pets at home. strangers' pets and animals? it seems like they dont care as much. and im sure if i was still working there, some of my coworkers would try to defend the dog being shot by saying something like "the dog wasnt trained properly" or some other type of excuse that puts the blame on the owner of the dog

It happens a lot. Everywhere in the US.

Unfortunately, the boot licking Blue Lives Matter types aren't ones to form connections and empathize with humans let alone canines.

The difference between cops abusing humans and dogs is, I actually like dogs.

lol this thread title was easy for me to misread and start to wonder

"Cop goes to wrong house, shoots dead dog because it barked at him"

why would somebody shoot a dead dog? and do dead dogs still bark?

Back