Social Cop goes to wrong house, shoots dead dog because it barked at him

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Being at the wrong house is a genuine mistake. Shooting the dog is intentional but it's only a problem because it's at the wrong house. If he was at the right house, shooting the dog would have been fine. So, the city's going to have to pay but I think that's about it.
<Huh2>

Mans that's sad but if the cops are right its the owners fault more then the cops.

So the cop killed a zombie dog. What’s the problem?

Dog is not the same as a human my god at some of the people in here. Yes the cop should be trouble

No fucking way. I can’t wrap my head around those numbers. Your cops are a dystopian nightmare class.

A lot of huge and violent unleashed dogs exist. Cops have to use force

Genuine mistake. The city should pay but I can't see disciplining the officer unless it was a significant error on his part and, normally, going to the wrong house isn't such a thing.

jonathanswandonaldtrumpinterviewgraba04082020.png

Unless he accidentally discharged his weapon, it wasn't a mistake. He purposefully shot a dog for barking at him in its own yard. Even if he had gone to the *right* house, it wouldn't be fine shooting that sex offender's dog for barking on its owner's private property.

Do you think that any police officer should be able to pull up to any house and execute family pets and not be disciplined unless the owners can produce definitive evidence of a significant error related to the identification of the address?

jonathanswandonaldtrumpinterviewgraba04082020.png

Unless he accidentally discharged his weapon, it wasn't a mistake. He purposefully shot a dog for barking at him in its own yard. Even if he had gone to the *right* house, it wouldn't be fine shooting that sex offender's dog for barking on its owner's private property.

Do you think that any police officer should be able to pull up to any house and execute family pets and not be disciplined unless the owners can produce definitive evidence of a significant error related to the identification of the address?
If he legitimately thought he was in danger? yeah. Cops shooting dogs is almost always ruled justifiable.

Proof's a bitch, isn't it? Now you know the anger that cops and DA's deal with on a daily basis across the country with tens of thousands of cases.

That's so mundane it almost never generate headlines. It represents the overwhelming preponderance of injustice in the world. Yet I rarely see any on here devoted to pressuring changes to better prosecute everyday criminals. No, we're only obsessed with the cops.

One can't argue the County hasn't done the right thing in the past. The article mentions as past deputy was fired cruelty to animals because he shot a dog (that dog didn't die).
Getting fired is a slap on the wrist.
LEOs just get re-hired 1 county over anyways.

It sounds like the cop in danger if the report by the cops was correct. I hate seeing a dog shot because of dumb ass owners. The cop should have told the girl that was there to chain the dog.

Go back and read the cop went to the wrong house then asked which was the right trailer and the girl he asked i believe was the owner of the dog or part of the family anyway.

The mistake the cop made was not making sure the dog was secured before he moved on.
Cops always claim they feared for their life, so they can justify anything.

Cops always claim they feared for their life, so they can justify anything.

Did you read the post that said there were witnesses and they backed the cops story. The cop still should have asked for the dog to,be secured.

The cop didn’t go in a fenced yard or in a home. As far as the wrong address he asked and didn’t even knock on the wrong with the dog coming out. He was outside. If the dog charged him then he was justified if not then it was not .

If he legitimately thought he was in danger? yeah. Cops shooting dogs is almost always ruled justifiable.
It's a terrier... if he legitimately thought he was in danger, you don't want someone with such terrible threat assessment carrying a weapon, let alone doing police work.

Has anyone checked out the FBI crime statistics on dogs though?

This is only justified if its a pit bull if its any other dog fuck that cop

According to the story the dog was in the yard. How is this the dog's fault?

It the owners fault for not securing the dog. I believe the cop asked one of the owners where the guy he was looking for was. The person should,have secured the dog and the cop should have asked them to which makes it his fault as well.
I’m open to changing my mind on make it all the cops fault if I see something that suggests that.

Back