Social Cop goes to wrong house, shoots dead dog because it barked at him

I worked at as a vet tech for only a year and I had two separate accounts of dogs that were shot and killed by police because they mistook the address, no fucking joke. I know that’s anecdotal but seems highly unlikely and absolutely bizarre that two cases would happen in a small area within a year if this kind of shit didn’t happen all the time. Both dogs were super sweet and not aggressive at all btw. Even when they were under extreme duress from gunshot wounds they were gentle.

Man that is fucked up. My dog isn't gentle but I don't care. You come onto my property uninvited for no reason? My dogs probably going to have a issue with you. He's a hell of a looker but he's about 100lbs ( 40kgs ) and extremely smart and defensive of me. No raised voices or clenched fists allowed he's not a fan. Hasn't bitten anyone yet tho. But I'm pretty sure he will if anyone crosses the boundaries. He charges roos deers and pigs so a person should generally expect the same treatment . I'm out in the middle of nowhere, most people around here understand not to enter a cattle dogs fence line.

I find it difficult to understand how one can be a cop and also be afraid of dogs. People are far more dangerous, and it's the cops' job to deal with them. How can they incapable of controlling/dominating a simple dog without using a gun?

Makes me think some of them just enjoy killing.

Dog is not the same as a human my god at some of the people in here. Yes the cop should be trouble

A lot of huge and violent unleashed dogs exist. Cops have to use force

Why do people always make this silly argument? In threads like this, when do you ever hear people say "Dogs are exactly the same as humans". It's a stupid argument that has no place in the discussion. What is the purpose of comparing pets to humans? It isn't an "either or" situation. It is "you destroyed something that belongs to me/that is important to me". How you think I should feel about my pet has nothing to do with the conversation.

When the first instinct of someone that is charged to protect and serve the community is to shoot and kill any sort of perceived threat, that should be seen as a huge problem. It isn't just about killing the dog, it's their judgement and blase' attitude about taking life and using force that does irreparable damage.

Why do people always make this silly argument? In threads like this, when do you ever hear people say "Dogs are exactly the same as humans". It's a stupid argument that has no place in the discussion. What is the purpose of comparing pets to humans? It isn't an "either or" situation. It is "you destroyed something that belongs to me/that is important to me". How you think I should feel about my pet has nothing to do with the conversation.

When the first instinct of someone that is charged to protect and serve the community is to shoot and kill any sort of perceived threat, that should be seen as a huge problem. It isn't just about killing the dog, it's their judgement and blase' attitude about taking life and using force that does irreparable damage.

Agreed. Have a like you son of a gun.

What evidence is there of the dog charging at him? A dog barking at him is no reason to shoot it. Every once in a while a dog barks at my mom when she goes for a walk, some even run up towards the sidewalk but still stay in their yard. Is my mom justified to shoot these dogs?

Just barking no. However if the dog charges with what it appears to be an attack then that's different. If the dog was in a fenced yard or on a chain thats different. If the cop went in the wrong house and shot the dog that's different. In this case the cop was in a trailer park looking for the right place.

This could have been avoided if the owner had the dog secured. The mistake the cop made was not getting the owner to secure the dog.

Like I said I hate to see a dog shot like this but sometimes it's the owners fault and its appears this is the case.

If it was me I would have found away not to shoot if at all possible even if it means taking a bite but I'm not a cop.

I know one cop on here that feels the same way and I believe he has taken the bite and still didn't shoot.

giphy.gif
I heard they show these gifs in cop school

So you think dogs should replace humans on the food chain? Jesus christ libs are nuts

He's ll get a slap on the wrist.

LOL what the fuck do you suggest? 10-20 years for shooting a dog? Let's live in the real world here. No one even will or did give a fuck if a cop shot a dog except for the dog's owner.

So you think dogs should replace humans on the food chain? Jesus christ libs are nuts

How the hell did you come to that conclusion from his post?

It happens a lot. Everywhere in the US.

Unfortunately, the boot licking Blue Lives Matter types aren't ones to form connections and empathize with humans let alone canines.

I take this shooting a million times more seriously than George Floyd tbh.

So technically if a LEO comes to my house and I am present and see them aiming at my dog for no reason there is NOTHING that I can lawfully do to stop it. That's fuking ridiculous. Is there ever anytime when I have the right to defend myself or others against cops? If they're aiming a gun at my child i basically just have to watch them shoot the child?

I find it difficult to understand how one can be a cop and also be afraid of dogs. People are far more dangerous, and it's the cops' job to deal with them. How can they incapable of controlling/dominating a simple dog without using a gun?

Makes me think some of them just enjoy killing.
Exactly. Like wtf?! Idgaf how much money the municipality pays me off you killed my fucking best friend

Back