Social Cop goes to wrong house, shoots dead dog because it barked at him

He's ll get a slap on the wrist.
Proof's a bitch, isn't it? Now you know the anger that cops and DA's deal with on a daily basis across the country with tens of thousands of cases.

That's so mundane it almost never generate headlines. It represents the overwhelming preponderance of injustice in the world. Yet I rarely see any on here devoted to pressuring changes to better prosecute everyday criminals. No, we're only obsessed with the cops.

One can't argue the County hasn't done the right thing in the past. The article mentions as past deputy was fired cruelty to animals because he shot a dog (that dog didn't die).

Damn, those pics attached to that story are gut-wrenching.

Proof's a bitch, isn't it? Now you know the anger that cops and DA's deal with on a daily basis across the country with tens of thousands of cases.

That's so mundane it almost never generate headlines. It represents the overwhelming preponderance of injustice in the world. Yet I rarely see any on here devoted to pressuring changes to better prosecute everyday criminals. No, we're only obsessed with the cops.

One can't argue the County hasn't done the right thing in the past. The article mentions as past deputy was fired cruelty to animals because he shot a dog (that dog didn't die).

"After a thorough investigation, we have concluded that no policies or laws were violated."

The rest of your post is whataboutism garbage.

Source them cases.

Lmao you're cool with a cop shooting a dog... because it... didn't die? Did the cops pay them vet bills?

Source them cases.
I could list tens of thousands of dropped prosecutions based on insufficient evidence. This isn't an uncontroversial truth.
Lmao you're cool with a cop shooting a dog... because it... didn't die? Did the cops pay them vet bills?
I was pointing out this County has already done more than disseminate a "slap on the wrist" for less than the killing of a dog.

"After a thorough investigation, we have concluded that no policies or laws were violated."

The rest of your post is whataboutism garbage.

I'll iterate: proof's a bitch, isn't it?

I see no proof to contradict this account.

I googled “faulkner cop shoots dog” and there were a lot of stories like this.

Cops especially ATF shooting dogs has become super common

shoot-the-dog-shoot-the-dog-shoot-the-dog-shoot-34093222.png

I could list tens of thousands of dropped prosecutions based on insufficient evidence. This isn't an uncontroversial truth.

I was pointing out this County has already done more than disseminate a "slap on the wrist" for less than the killing of a dog.
You're off your nut. You're talking about the burden of proof in a criminal court trial vs. the documented unnecessary discharge of a weapon by a police officer, resulting in demonstrated harm, and for which only being fired is absolutely a slap on the wrist in comparison to a felony conviction of any kind. What a dumb fucking false equivalency to make. That's disappointingly stupid, even coming from you.

You're off your nut. You're talking about the burden of proof in a criminal court trial vs. the documented unnecessary discharge of a weapon by a police officer resulting in demonstrated harm and for which only being fired is absolutely a slap on the wrist in comparison to a felony conviction of any kind. What a dumb fucking false equivalency to make. That's disappointingly stupid, even coming from you.
This is your assertion. No proof. Law is the law either way. So, no, it's a perfectly reasonable equivalency.

This is your assertion. No proof. Law is the law either way. So, no, it's a perfectly reasonable equivalency.
Even if you remove that qualifier it's still a false equivalency because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is far greater regardless. They're totally different. You can get fired from your job in a case of you said/they said regardless of whether there's any proof but that's no where near good enough in a criminal case, now is it?

Even if you remove that qualifier it's still a false equivalency because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is far greater regardless. They're totally different. You can get fired from your job in a case of you said/they said regardless of whether there's any proof but that's no where near good enough in a criminal case, now is it?
I don't care about quibbling over proportion. Unless you have evidence of wrongdoing, to substantiate the officer didn't have reasonable basis to fear physical injury by an unleashed aggressive dog, then I see nothing wrong with his CO placing trust in his officer's account over that of an emotional, aggrieved family's hearsay.

It would seem to be an unavoidable hazard of living in a trailer. This is why keep large dogs in fenced-in areas when at home to guard the property is a more desirable setup.

That's retarded. Take the retirement of cops not involved in the incident in order to punish some idiot who shot a dog. Great logic.

You’ve never played sports, huh?
When one football player goofs off in practice, the coach makes the entire team run laps, not just the player at fault. It’s supposed to make you consider that you’re actions have consequences on the people around you.

Sounds pretty logical to me.

Back