Conservatives win popular vote (Canadian elections)

No outlets are releasing numbers on the cost difference between income tax hikes v de-indexing but I would wager in a system trying to balance a budget that people making north of 90k would be saving money under that UPC proposal while people under will be losing money

Saving money relative to what? The deductions got strictly more expensive in real terms unless there's a recession.

Did I now? Are you sure about that?
My bad, you voted for someone who will work with and prop up the black face guy. Was it the Sikh who was outraged by it for 13 hours, or the environmentalist who wouldn't mind if her cabinet members did the same?

Saving money relative to what? The deductions got strictly more expensive in real terms unless there's a recession.

Relative to the other option of balancing the budget which is income tax hikes. Now, again the numbers are not out and factoring in municipal tax hikes not sure where your income would have to be before this is a positive or negative to your yearly net

My bad, you voted for someone who will work with and prop up the black face guy. Was it the Sikh who was outraged by it for 13 hours, or the environmentalist who wouldn't mind if her cabinet members did the same?

I didn't vote. Now what?

Andrew bitch tits soy boy Scheer couldn't unseat the weakest prime minister we've had in a very long time. You feeling good about it? I'm sure you will when you fill up at the pump in January.

#stillyourprimeminister

Relative to the other option of balancing the budget which is income tax hikes. Now, again the numbers are not out and factoring in municipal tax hikes not sure where your income would have to be before this is a positive or negative to your yearly net

Or you could just, you know, not slash corporate taxes 4%? That could be done. Today, Albertans are getting ready to pay more for less, and the deficit is still expanding by 2 billion.

It's still a seat they could have gotten without former CPC voters voting for the PPC.

I think Scheer would need to march in Pride parades and prostrate himself before the LGBT community in order to appease the Left in the GTA. That would definitely push Conservatives voters to the PPC or any other alternative.

All it takes is a few hundred to jump ship to give the liberals the riding.
Yeah, that, or....

He could provide some actual evidence of why the carbon tax is bad and present his platform more in advance of the election than 2 weeks out. He could try not getting caught hiring dirty tricks companies to make up things about other parties and their leaders. But the Conservatives aren't going to do any of that.

Everyone who is not a Conservative Party supporter in this country believes (as far as I can tell) that the Conservatives are mortally terrified of losing support in the West if they ever take the slightest half-step toward controls on carbon. Plain an simple. If that weren't the case they would be assured of broader support nationwide. Or rather, they could have been until everyone witnessed the corporate ball licking in the new Alberta budget. Now, the federal Conservatives will have to convince everyone they won't do anything like that either.

It has very little to do with your made up identity politics bullshit.

You're such a weirdo, dude.

I don't even know who you are, or what made you mentally-unhinged enough to be making shit up on the fly about me in order to pick a fight, but I'm not gonna play your stupid games in that stupid imaginary world of yours.

If you can't quote a single post of mine about Canadian electoral reform from any of these 20 imaginary threads that you supposedly saw me trolling in, please continue taking your meds to keep these hallucinations under control.
don’t pay attention to that troll.

Or you could just, you know, not slash corporate taxes 4%? That could be done. Today, Albertans are getting ready to pay more for less, and the deficit is still expanding by 2 billion.

I agree that slashing corporate taxes is not an ideal method when revenue generation is a goal but Alberta has always been timid of rocking any boats that disturb their best in class economy. Cuts were always coming, that was forecasted since feb.

I'd take the alberta system over any other one in Canada

Pretty sad display in this thread. Of course they did well in the popular vote, they are the only right-wing option. You think people who vote NDP or Green would have voted Conservative if those parties didn't exist? Conservatives didn't find a way to connect with voters outside of the West, that's on them. Pathetic display against a weak PM.
You're just as bad as people crying about the popular vote with Trump.

I actually do. The problem with our system is left leaning Canadians never have to confront the failure of their policies and just bounce back and forth from the NDP to the Liberals and back.

If it was a two party system, Liberals wouldn't be able to vote every two years without looking in the mirror and realizing they are killing this country.

Yeah, that, or....

He could provide some actual evidence of why the carbon tax is bad and present his platform more in advance of the election than 2 weeks out. He could try not getting caught hiring dirty tricks companies to make up things about other parties and their leaders. But the Conservatives aren't going to do any of that.

Everyone who is not a Conservative Party supporter in this country believes (as far as I can tell) that the Conservatives are mortally terrified of losing support in the West if they ever take the slightest half-step toward controls on carbon. Plain an simple. If that weren't the case they would be assured of broader support nationwide. Or rather, they could have been until everyone witnessed the corporate ball licking in the new Alberta budget. Now, the federal Conservatives will have to convince everyone they won't do anything like that either.

It has very little to do with your made up identity politics bullshit.

Can you point to one concrete example from within Canada that shows 'carbon' is a problem?

I agree that slashing corporate taxes is not an ideal method when revenue generation is a goal but Alberta has always been timid of rocking any boats that disturb their best in class economy. Cuts were always coming, that was forecasted since feb.

I'd take the alberta system over any other one in Canada

That's one way to put it. How I would put it is that Alberta has always refused to collect revenue from those most able to pay in order to buy things that make it a nice place to live. Alberta is getting nothing out of this oil resource, it will disappear like rain on a hot tin roof, like the new world gold in Spain or Portugal.

It's not best in class, either, that would be Ontario. Alberta's economy is a banana republic, when times are good, they're good, but your southwest condo in Calgary can go from worth a lot, to very little in no time at all. Albertans just seem to think that's the way it has to be, because that's the way it's always been. So long as they get to drive a fancy truck, everything's golden.

That's one way to put it. How I would put it is that Alberta has always refused to collect revenue from those most able to pay in order to buy things that make it a nice place to live. Alberta is getting nothing out of this oil resource, it will disappear like rain on a hot tin roof, like the new world gold in Spain or Portugal.

Alberta low taxes and high income allows people to buy their own nice things. I really don't care if the public services provides for the have nots as well as Quebec or Ontario

not best in class, either, that would be Ontario. Alberta's economy is a banana republic, when times are good, they're good, but your southwest condo in Calgary can go from worth a lot, to very little in no time at all. Albertans just seem to think that's the way it has to be, because that's the way it's always been. So long as they get to drive a fancy truck, everything's golden.

Alberta is most certainly is the best by the numbers but, they, like Canada as a whole needs more diversification planing beyond the petrol dollar.

Again, I really don't care about the issues facing the have nots.

Alberta low taxes and high income allows people to buy their own nice things. I really don't care if the public services provides for the have nots as well as Quebec or Ontario

No, people don't purchase their own infrastructure, for example, and they certainly don't do it when unemployment soars to double digits any time a sheikh does a shit in the middle east. I can't express to you enough how embarrassingly poorly planned and unliveable its two major cities are. The road that connects Calgary to Edmonton hasn't changed in my lifetime despite the cities on either side doubling in size.

Alberta is most certainly is the best by the numbers but, they, like Canada as a whole needs more diversification planing beyond the petrol dollar.

Again, I really don't care about the issues facing the have nots.

It has the highest per capita GDP of any province, but GDP is measured in the price of units produced, which Alberta has next to no control over, not strictly productivity. I wouldn't call an endless cycle of booms and busts ''best in class.'' I call it fundamentally flawed, and based on what might actually turn out to be a stranded resource, for which they have nothing to show. When the party's over, everyone's going back to B.C., the Maritimes, Ontario.

Like, I get that you have an ideological commitment to ''I got mine, fuck everyone else'' but I am telling you it leads to places that suck to live in. It's not just social services for poor people. I was having dinner with my girlfriend (who is from Europe), and my good friend and his wife in Edmonton, and he turned to me and said ''...she knows that the rest of Canada isn't...'like this' doesn't she?''

No, people don't purchase their own infrastructure, for example, and they certainly don't do it when unemployment soars to double digits any time a sheikh does a shit in the middle east. I can't express to you enough how embarrassingly poorly planned and unliveable its two major cities are. The road that connects Calgary to Edmonton hasn't changed in my lifetime despite the cities on either side doubling in size.

It has the highest per capita GDP of any province, but GDP is measured in the price of units produced, which Alberta has next to no control over, not strictly productivity. I wouldn't call an endless cycle of booms and busts ''best in class.'' I call it fundamentally flawed, and based on what might actually turn out to be a stranded resource, for which they have nothing to show. When the party's over, everyone's going back to B.C., the Maritimes, Ontario.

Like, I get that you have an ideological commitment to ''I got mine, fuck everyone else'' but I am telling you it leads to places that suck to live in. It's not just social services for poor people. I was having dinner with my girlfriend (who is from Europe), and my good friend and his wife in Edmonton, and he turned to me and said ''...she knows that the rest of Canada isn't...'like this' doesn't she?''

Quebec social spends like a drunken sailor and and their roads are shit. The 401 is horrible, and the US is focus on austerity and their roads trounce ours. We spend and our infrastructure is just as bad as nations who don't spend as much. Even with a strong economy and high income earners - edmonton is still cheaper than the majority of southern Ontario to live in

Alberta also leads in market income per captia and leads forecasts for 2020 growth.

Ontario can't rely on manufacturing and the low Canadian dollar. Our high tech talent gets depleted by areas who adopt lower taxes and per captia spending

And no, it leads to certain areas being shit while other areas being well above board . Yorkville is awesome, rexdale and Parkdale are shit - thats all that spending cuts lead to.

Care to defend this with actual evidence?
Edit: especially compared to the conservative provincial government of Alberta?
foreignpolicy.com
Web results
Justin Trudeau's Spectacular Self-Destruction

foreignpolicy.com
Web results
Justin Trudeau's Spectacular Self-Destruction
You said, "Trudeau is as bad as Trump but with even less economic sense". I invite you to point out where the story says anything about the country's economic performance or Trudeau's role in it. Or try again.

As someone who lived in Ontario for 25 years, then moved out west 6 years ago, I beg to differ.

Toronto is has a propped up economy where the cost of living has outpaced wages. I can't imagine going back with my current salary and living rent poor with roommates, like some fucking college student. I have buddies back I the GTA, making very comparable wages, who still live with their parents because a townhouse in Durham starts at like $750k. Whereas, after 5 years with my employer, in a different province, I was able to put a sizable downpayment on a 1700 sq/ft; 3 bedroom; 2.5 bathroom; 2 car attached garage; detached home in Airdrie, for under $370k and as someone with a single income.

Sure, most that go out west have no long term plans of staying.

Their loss, IMO.

Hilarious that Trudeau lost the popular vote, but winning the popular vote is gay if you don't win the way it counts as well.

Scheer, Gore and Hillary should get together and have a gang fuck

Back