Conservatives win popular vote (Canadian elections)

You said, "Trudeau is as bad as Trump but with even less economic sense". I invite you to point out where the story says anything about the country's economic performance or Trudeau's role in it. Or try again.
You have to compare and contrast. Trump didn't shoot the energy sector in the foot over BS environmental issues. His political idiocy has also made problems with India and China and that's without the hope of trade deals being rectified

You forgot to mention that Canada (‘eh) isn’t a two party system and the “liberal” party— because it doesn’t have an outright majority anymore— will now have to make concessions to the NDP— the progressives— in order to govern.

So, the end result of “liberals” losing their outright majority will be to push legislation to the left.

Way to go Canadian conservatives....
nah, you cant go much further dingbat left than Mr. Dressup.

Economically you certainly can. From what I hear anyways.
no, youre right in saying that the NDP is more left. Dingbat Left is a special kind of left that isnt really about policy (i like a lot of left policy) Trudeau owns it.

Did liberals at least get closer to losing power? Maybe things are headed in the right direction? Canada sounds a lot like California. I feel like it's only a matter of time before people's common experience takes precedence over the bullshit they see on the media 24/7 and they finally kick Democrats out of Power.

I don’t think Canadia has Democrats bud..

You have to compare and contrast. Trump didn't shoot the energy sector in the foot over BS environmental issues. His political idiocy has also made problems with India and China and that's without the hope of trade deals being rectified
No, you have to back up your assertions if you expect people to give them any credibility or give your opinion any respect. Why are you dodging?

Same.

Although I do find it odd that PEI has 4 seats with a population of 142k. My riding has a population of just under 100k. Balanced much?

I generally agree so take the below how its intended.

Why cry about it now? Harper had 10 years to fix our broken electoral system but did fuck all.

On another rnote- I've asked this before, but why does Alberta have the same number of seats as the Atlantic provinces, even though they have 2.5 times the population?

On another OT note- as an Ontarian I'm sick of supporting the rest of you. Our equalization system is fucked too. Each province should get the same transfer payment per person. If Quebec wants cheap daycare, then use yoru provincial taxes to pay for it. If PEI cannot support itself, then fuck that province. 3 Atlantic provinces are more than enough.

I’m pretty hammered at this point so don’t take this as gospel, but I believe there is a provision in the constitution where there cannot be fewer MPs than there are senate members (In case you’re wondering, I think PEI is allocated 4 senate seats).

The idea that one person one vote has any traction in Canada is outrageous. Just look at the difference between a tightly packed riding in Ontario vs a Northern riding.

No, you have to back up your assertions if you expect people to give them any credibility or give your opinion any respect. Why are you dodging?
I'm sorry do I need actual data and nonsense for this? Look at the pipelines not being built in BC, look at the Canadian govt having to buy the trans Canada pipeline back from KMI. Those are real instances that have cost billions.
Look at the China problem ir the Sikh and India problem. Both if which have had tangible affects on the Canadian economy. All of which were avoidable, but Trudeau was too stupid to not step in the mouse trap.
I don't have data as I don't care enough to Google a lot of these as they are behind pay walls at bloomberg

I'm sorry do I need actual data and nonsense for this? Look at the pipelines not being built in BC, look at the Canadian govt having to buy the trans Canada pipeline back from KMI. Those are real instances that have cost billions.
Look at the China problem ir the Sikh and India problem. Both if which have had tangible affects on the Canadian economy. All of which were avoidable, but Trudeau was too stupid to not step in the mouse trap.
I don't have data as I don't care enough to Google a lot of these as they are behind pay walls at bloomberg
So, that's a no then to anyone drawing the distinction between opinion and fact. Good enough, thanks.

Back