Conservatives win popular vote (Canadian elections)

No, once upon a time they were, but in order to grow their membership, the Greens have been moving further to the left economically (as that is where most Green-intending voters tend to be)

And also on social issues. A few years ago I was really hoping to start voting Green, but the rumblings were already about. In the last few months May backtracked in every mortal stand she had made about voting your conscience, allowing back-benchers proper freedom to bring up issues, etc., and between that and the rushed party purity tests they just stepped off the deep end.

I'm a life long liberal, the old kind, not this new fangled mental ratkink postulating everywhere.

Fuckin California man. I love it here. I have a lot going for me here but theres something fucked with people here and the government is whacked.

I'm going to register as a Republican after this election. I have to. I'm not a republican but am more of one in this State than what a Dem in this State is. I don't have a choice.

Things are really getting convoluted on several levels.
Dude I hear you. Dems have run my home county and Maryland in general. Letting one party be in change, esp with a super majority can be scary. Baltimore is a crap hole and always has been. Montgomery County has gotten awful. They pushed out all the middle class, and replaced them with immigrants and poor blacks. It just isn't a realistic way to do things

Pretty sad display in this thread. Of course they did well in the popular vote, they are the only right-wing option. You think people who vote NDP or Green would have voted Conservative if those parties didn't exist? Conservatives didn't find a way to connect with voters outside of the West, that's on them. Pathetic display against a weak PM.
You're just as bad as people crying about the popular vote with Trump.

Last edited:
Pretty sad display in this thread. Of course they did well in the popular vote, they are the only right-wing option. You think people who vote NDP or Green would have voted Conservative if those parties didn't exist? Conservatives didn't find a way to connect with voters outside of the West, that's on them. Pathetic display against a weak PM.
You're just as bad as people crying about the popular vote with Trump.
I agree. Given the parliamentary system, they could have helped a conservative party form that appealed to Ontario and the such. They could have then combined and formed a government. They chose not to. Which is and was dumb. Especially since Trudeau is as bad as Trump but with even less economic sense

You're such a weirdo, dude.

I don't even know who you are, or what made you mentally-unhinged enough to be making shit up on the fly about me in order to pick a fight, but I'm not gonna play your stupid games in that stupid imaginary world of yours.

If you can't quote a single post of mine about Canadian electoral reform from any of these 20 imaginary threads that you supposedly saw me trolling in, please continue taking your meds to keep these hallucinations under control.
I'll cop to the mistaken accusation. I had crossed this thread and the main election thread. My bad. I retract the comment, my apologies.

It doesn't change the rest of what I posted. They explored electoral reform and the response was luke-warm at best. To me, that's not a broken promise; it's recognizing political reality.

Having said that, it's brave to accuse me of making up shit and then proceed to make up shit. To wit, I didn't say there was "a single post of mine about Canadian electoral reform" in "any of these 20 imaginary threads" nor did I say I "supposedly saw me trolling in [them]". And you still didn't explain how his unfounded opinion is better than my evidence other than as support for confirmation bias. So, address that or not but look at yourself in the mirror before accusing people of making shit up.

Lol, the UCP announced its budget for Alberta today, and it is a doozie.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-budget-2019-affect-finances-1.5334400

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/alberta...ary-public-sector-amid-job-promises-1.4653287

Everyone gets fucked except corporations, deficit grows by 2 billion.

"The budget aims to balance the books by 2022-23 and relies heavily on tax reductions and streamlining for corporations with the assumption those benefits will trickle down to individuals.

The only signs of relief for individuals will come in the form of child benefits for families, or in the form of reduced taxes on corporate dividend payouts if you happen to own profitable stock."

Conservatism at its worst.

Thank you corporate overlords.

Trudeau is as bad as Trump but with even less economic sense
Care to defend this with actual evidence?
Edit: especially compared to the conservative provincial government of Alberta?
"The budget aims to balance the books by 2022-23 and relies heavily on tax reductions and streamlining for corporations with the assumption those benefits will trickle down to individuals.

The only signs of relief for individuals will come in the form of child benefits for families, or in the form of reduced taxes on corporate dividend payouts if you happen to own profitable stock."

That doesn't matter, I'll still vote for them for 40 years straight.

Scheer had a pretty tough job. Move too far left and risk losing more votes to the PPC. Scheer lost 6 ridings to the PPC with the Yukon being the worst example. Move too far right and risk losing the progressive vote in Ontario.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
lol, yeah, lose votes in the Yukon or Ontario, tough choice.

It's a necessary budget where their hands are tied. They maintain the vast majority of front line spending and cut where it will hurt the least. I would rather see them implement a provincial sales tax and keep corporate taxes as is, but the province has been hemorrhaging business and any more increases will just pile it on and they know this.

Anyone on the left who feels they can have an opinion on this can fuck themselves right in the butt with their SNC Lavalin coffee mug.

That doesn't matter, I'll still vote for them for 40 years straight.
I know right? It's almost as bad as voting for a two plane flying, black face wearing, female groping, first Nations fucking, Quebec Corporate deep throating, female cabinet member booting PM who is totally against all that stuff.

I know right? It's almost as bad as voting for a two plane flying, black face wearing, female groping, first Nations fucking, Quebec Corporate deep throating, female cabinet member booting PM who is totally against all that stuff.

But TREEWWWDEEWWWWW!!!!! I'm poking fun at Alberta's provincial choices for government at the moment, that the slimey UCP waited until after the federal election to thrust into Alberta's collective behind sans lube.

But TREEWWWDEEWWWWW!!!!! I'm poking fun at Alberta's provincial choices for government at the moment, that the slimey UCP waited until after the federal election to thrust into Alberta's collective behind sans lube.
You voted for a guy in black face.

I rather the deindexing of inflation over the option of increasing income taxes. Breaks on investment dividends work for me, i don't smoke, need tutition breaks or air BNB.

Works for me

Oh, I thought you were making a funny that ''the UCP is bad for almost everyone.''

Oh, I thought you were making a funny that ''the UCP is bad for almost everyone.''

No outlets are releasing numbers on the cost difference between income tax hikes v de-indexing but I would wager in a system trying to balance a budget that people making north of 90k would be saving money under that UPC proposal while people under will be losing money

Back