Conservatives win popular vote (Canadian elections)

Greens fall under conservatives don't they? conservatives that recycle.

No, once upon a time they were, but in order to grow their membership, the Greens have been moving further to the left economically (as that is where most Green-intending voters tend to be)

Same.

Although I do find it odd that PEI has 4 seats with a population of 142k. My riding has a population of just under 100k. Balanced much?
So, you would prefer that an entire province receive even less representation in government?

If I remember it correctly, 4 years ago Trudeau pledged for electoral reform as soon as he gets in office.

How's the progress on that coming along, since he apparently have plenty of spare time to put on fashion shows?
How many threads are you going to post this in? Like I already said,
Here's the thing about electoral reform, though. Are you aware that "A referendum vote was held along with the 2019 provincial general election. Voters received two ballots in the election, one to vote for the candidate of their choice in their district and the second ballot to vote on the Electoral System Referendum.

The Referendum ballot asked the question "Should Prince Edward Island change its voting system to a mixed member proportional voting system?"."

The answer was a resounding meh.

"There was a threshold set for the referendum of 50% +1 of voters in 17 districts to be declared the winner, whether it be for the "No" vote or the "Yes" vote.
Following the vote there was no clear winner as neither side was able to secure 17 districts. The outcome had the Opponents winning in 12 districts, with the Proponents winning in 15 districts."

I believed Trudeau when he said they went across the country gauging the interest in it and it just wasn't there relative to other issues because this is proof.
I think there's probably 20 other vaguely related threads you can try trolling with this but don't expect to have any more success with it than this or the last time.

Some credence?

The elections are decided before they even finish counting votes in the west. We don't have a real democracy.

We have an eastern liberal mafia that run the country out of Quebec and Ontario.

But nobody will be running the country soon if we dont shake the leftist diseases.

I generally agree so take the below how its intended.

Why cry about it now? Harper had 10 years to fix our broken electoral system but did fuck all.

On another rnote- I've asked this before, but why does Alberta have the same number of seats as the Atlantic provinces, even though they have 2.5 times the population?

On another OT note- as an Ontarian I'm sick of supporting the rest of you. Our equalization system is fucked too. Each province should get the same transfer payment per person. If Quebec wants cheap daycare, then use yoru provincial taxes to pay for it. If PEI cannot support itself, then fuck that province. 3 Atlantic provinces are more than enough.

The Conservatives got 34 percent of the vote. That means that 66 percent of Canadians did not vote Conservative.

Pretty simple math, dude.

PC 34% > Libs %.

Even mor simple math.

I blame asians in more affluent cities who tend to lean left even though they know jackshit about politics.

lol I get the scarism but literly like 99% of ithnic Chinese I know in Toronto are Liberals.

Why are conservative voters crying when Harper had a majority government and did nothing in matters of electoral reform?

lol I get the scarism but literly like 99% of ithnic Chinese I know in Toronto are Liberals.
Immigrants don't know any better. Easier to vilify conservatives coming out to get them than vice versa.

Why are conservative voters crying when Harper had a majority government and did nothing in matters of electoral reform?
It was Trudeau's promise to the people, did Harper promise to improve the way elections are carried?

He broke his promise.

Electoral reform,especially proportional representation, would essentially just hand a bunch of power to the NDP and Green party, with no benefit to the Liberals.

Thanks dude. Back then his party was a distance third if I remember correctly, so campaigning on the promise of fixing a broken system made sense.

It seems to be the same story with gerrymandering down here. Everyone talks a big game about making the system more fair and proportionate, until their party is voted into power and able to benefits from that broken system that they once vowed to change, and then all sorts of excuses are used to justify the about-face.

My guess is if the federal government wouldn't move away from first-past-the-post, you will see more and more provinces holding their own referendums on electoral reforms, and there will be a different system adopted in each province.

How many threads are you going to post this in? Like I already said,

I think there's probably 20 other vaguely related threads you can try trolling with this but don't expect to have any more success with it than this or the last time.

What the hell are you rambling about? That's literally my first enquiry ever about Trudeau's progress on his promised electoral reform, since I didn't see him mention anything about the nation-wide referendum that was recommended by the House committee.

Thankfully, the member who responded before you also had a better answer than you.

Thanks dude. Back then his party was a distance third if I remember correctly, so campaigning on the promise of fixing a broken system made sense.

It seems to be the same story with gerrymandering down here. Everyone talks a big game about making the system more fair and proportionate, until their party is voted into power and able to benefits from that broken system that they once vowed to change, and then all sorts of excuses are used to justify the about-face.

My guess is if the federal government wouldn't move away from first-past-the-post, you will see more and more provinces holding their own referendums on electoral reforms, and there will be a different system adopted in each province.

What the hell are you rambling about? That's literally my first enquiry ever about Trudeau's progress on his promised electoral reform, since I didn't see him mention anything about the nation-wide referendum that was recommended by the House committee.

Thankfully, the member who responded before you also had a better answer than you.
I provide evidence. He strokes your confirmation bias. Of course it was a better answer. LMAO
Have you always been like this?
Edit: consider a search for political reality.

I've talked about this here before, but I came out when the guy was breaking into my car, and he hopped into a double parked car and drove off and I got the plate# and called the cops and they came and spent 20 minutes telling me why they couldn't do anything about it but "sweet job on the plate memory bro" fuckin assholes.

Literally happens everyday in my neighborhood in SF.

"We understand"
My mom's family founded LA. We rolled out in the late 80s. Saw this all coming. Crime, govt not caring about law and order, housing prices.

For Canada, too bad the liberals are teaming up with the progressive party. Thing will just get worse

When the entire voting age population can fit into a football stadium, yes.
By that logic, Canada has disproportional representation in virtually every international forum in which it operates. Consider for just a moment some of the implications of that.

My mom's family founded LA. We rolled out in the late 80s. Saw this all coming. Crime, govt not caring about law and order, housing prices.

For Canada, too bad the liberals are teaming up with the progressive party. Thing will just get worse
I'm a life long liberal, the old kind, not this new fangled mental ratkink postulating everywhere.

Fuckin California man. I love it here. I have a lot going for me here but theres something fucked with people here and the government is whacked.

I'm going to register as a Republican after this election. I have to. I'm not a republican but am more of one in this State than what a Dem in this State is. I don't have a choice.

Things are really getting convoluted on several levels.

I provide evidence. He strokes your confirmation bias. Of course it was a better answer. LMAO
Have you always been like this?
Edit: consider a search for political reality.

You're such a weirdo, dude.

I don't even know who you are, or what made you mentally-unhinged enough to be making shit up on the fly about me in order to pick a fight, but I'm not gonna play your stupid games in that stupid imaginary world of yours.

If you can't quote a single post of mine about Canadian electoral reform from any of these 20 imaginary threads that you supposedly saw me trolling in, please continue taking your meds to keep these hallucinations under control.

Last edited:
I seriously think Canada will split in our life time. Quebec is literally a mafia province that usurps and steals billions from the rest of Canada while not only giving little back, but actively trying to steal even more power through their Bloq party every year.
Quebec is such a mafia province that a wiseguy's dead body was dropped off on @Loiosh's front door with a note that said "René Angélil sleeps with the fishes."

Back