Elections Democracy’s appeal is slipping as nations across much of the world hold elections, a poll finds

It is troubling to see the authoritarian moves Democrats and Biden have been taking of late. It isn't good for America. A few examples ~

White House Warns FOX News to Stop Covering Biden Corruption​

And the media is cheering it on.​

Kevin O'Leary calls out potential seizure of Trump's assets: ‘What happens in Venezuela, not New York’​

Kevin O'Leary warned of a 'quiet exodus of capital leaving New York' after ruling in Trump's civil fraud trial​

Democracy and capitalism are fundamentally incompatible without strong safeguards in place to prevent bribery or circumvent bribery laws.

People aren't disappointed with democracy, it's just that their leaders are so bought off that their votes are rendered useless.

In a lot of situations, every side is paid off by the same interests to the point it doesn't even matter who is elected anymore.

Look at our upcoming election and imagine you're an American who doesn't want to be complicit in genocide.

Biden let's Israel do whatever it wants. So did Trump. RFK would pretty much do the same.

What's the point of voting if there is no actual choice?

Last edited:
democracy is dying by popular demand.

It ain't what it used to be........

They sell us the President the same way
They sell us our clothes and our cars
They sell us every thing from youth to religion
The same time they sell us our wars
I want to know who the men in the shadows are
I want to hear somebody asking them why
They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are
But they're never the ones to fight or to die

Your post is a highlight of the issue.

You think that blocking a vote of the citizens is the same thing as something you just merely disagree with...

Those two things aren't at all comparible

It's not a highlight at all. It just goes to show your partisanship in a thread where we should all be in agreement that none of these people give a fuck about us. It's not a your side vs. my side thing. Neither side is good.

It's not a highlight at all. It just goes to show your partisanship in a thread where we should all be in agreement that none of these people give a fuck about us. It's not a your side vs. my side thing. Neither side is good.

You're right in the sense that none of them give a fuck about us.

However, I'm not being partisan at all. You can objectively point out that some things are worse than others, which you seem to be incapable of doing.

You think that fucking gender identity issues are on an equal playing ground with blocking ballot initiatives simply because they knew they were going to lose.

Whether you agree with gender shit or not (I don't really give af either way myself), objectively speaking, by blocking ballot initiatives that people in your state clearly support, you are subverting the will of the people.

You are projecting your own partisan bullshit onto others who realize this. Just because Dems and Republicans are both dogshit, it doesn't mean that the dogshit is equal. One pile of shit can be bigger and stinkier than the other.

At this point, Republicans are forcing unpopular legislation down the throats of the vast majority of America. We see things like marijuana legalization and abortion right overwhelmingly win ballot initiatives in even of the deepest red states at this point, and you would rather cry about gender identity and vote for Republican stooges that flat out refuse to let you vote on an issue.

However, I'm not being partisan at all. You can objectively point out that some things are worse than others, which you seem to be incapable of doing.

You think that fucking gender identity issues are on an equal playing ground with blocking ballot initiatives simply because they knew they were going to lose.

Whether you agree with gender shit or not (I don't really give af either way myself), objectively speaking, by blocking ballot initiatives that people in your state clearly support, you are subverting the will of the people.

You are projecting your own partisan bullshit onto others who realize this. Just because Dems and Republicans are both dogshit, it doesn't mean that the dogshit is equal. One pile of shit can be bigger and stinkier than the other.

At this point, Republicans are forcing unpopular legislation down the throats of the vast majority of America. We see things like marijuana legalization and abortion right overwhelmingly win ballot initiatives in even of the deepest red states at this point, and you would rather cry about gender identity and vote for Republican stooges that flat out refuse to let you vote on an issue.

I don't want to derail the thread with this. The point was that we should all be giving the middle finger to politicians in this thread and you instantly went into partisan mode and blamed the right for some random thing some dumbass Republican did. That is exactly what our problem is at the moment because if we would all come together and usher these people out and usher in people who actually worked for us, we would be in a better place.

I don't want to derail the thread with this. The point was that we should all be giving the middle finger to politicians in this thread and you instantly went into partisan mode and blamed the right for some random thing some dumbass Republican did. That is exactly what our problem is at the moment because if we would all come together and usher these people out and usher in people who actually worked for us, we would be in a better place.

You mean that I blamed the right for the shit they actually did?... Responding to the posts in which the Republican's ITT were complaining about the exact stuff they voted for?

You don't say?

Telling the truth isn't being a partisan.

Representative democracy is an outdated notion in my book. I can't say that the people who are elected are much smarter than the average person anymore. And given that the average person has the Internet and doesn't need to elect some smart guy who they trust to represent them anymore, it just seems outdated.

I'd prefer a more direct democracy approach with certain tweaks put in place. I always like voting for propositions on ballots and feel there should be more of them, done more often and on done on federal level topics.
Idk about that.

If anything, we need less idiots voting than the idiots voting directly for things.

In America, the progressives are a great example. Their constituents don't know how they get elected and protest, but they still get elected. AOC cost her people AMAZON due to her lack of knowledge on how tax credits work. That could have changed the landscape of an area desperate for real paying career type jobs. She just had a town hall and people were screaming at her to stop the migrants and she played stupid.

Representative democracy is an outdated notion in my book. I can't say that the people who are elected are much smarter than the average person anymore. And given that the average person has the Internet and doesn't need to elect some smart guy who they trust to represent them anymore, it just seems outdated.

I'd prefer a more direct democracy approach with certain tweaks put in place. I always like voting for propositions on ballots and feel there should be more of them, done more often and on done on federal level topics.

Because it's not a democracy anymore. It's a highly managed system out of which the citizens are mostly locked out of and the choice is pre-decided. Voting is not really a citizen choice but a formality for the intertwined systems of unelected power to maintain the illusion. I can't think of one country with meaningful democracy.

The problem is that the West doesn't have real democracies. Choosing between parties that are bought and paid for by corporations, foreign governments, and elites in the shadows is not democracy, especially in the case of America where there are only two real parties. Politicians running on something and not fulfilling their campaign promises or even trying to isn't democracy either, it's fraud. These clowns aren't representing their constituents, they're not even pretending to in most cases at this point.

Democracy and capitalism are fundamentally incompatible without strong safeguards in place to prevent bribery or circumvent bribery laws.

People aren't disappointed with democracy, it's just that their leaders are so bought off that their votes are rendered useless.

In allot of situations, every side is paid off by the same interests to the point it doesn't even matter who is elected anymore.

Look at our upcoming election and imagine you're an American who doesn't want to be complicit in genocide.

Biden let's the Israel do whatever it wants. So did Trump. RFK would pretty much do the same.

There aren't even party's anymore, merely puppets.
Any average citizen, who thinks they have any say in legislation, politics, decision making, etc. is a fool.
It's incredible what those with power/money get away with in this great country, while the average joe gets raped on the regular.
It is blatantly obvious that all we are told is smoke and mirrors by the man behind the curtain.
Some are still dumb enough to still buy the bullshit.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved, than those who falsely believe they are free."

Last edited:
It’s not democracy but the lack of choice and in America, a 2 party system.

My ideal system would be everyone is an independent. Parties don’t exist. One person, one vote.

You’d have ranked choice voting so that every vote counts. #1 and #2 would be president and vice president. If that happens to be a left wing and right wing person, they have to work together and make it work.

Because it's not a democracy anymore. It's a highly managed system out of which the citizens are mostly locked out of and the choice is pre-decided. Voting is not really a citizen choice but a formality for the intertwined systems of unelected power to maintain the illusion. I can't think of one country with meaningful democracy.
If you can't think of any modern democracies, what democracies do you think existed at one point?

The obvious hypocrisy on stuff like this is that many of these posters claiming democracy is gone were also the ones claiming that the electoral college is important and we shouldn't just do a straight popular vote.
AOC cost her people AMAZON due to her lack of knowledge on how tax credits work.
There's plenty of research on why tax incentives don't work, just as there is research on their efficacy. AOC's stance is perfectly reasonable, especially given it's a conservatives stance essentially (don't pick economic winners and losers).
Any average citizen, who thinks they have any say in legislation, politics, decision making, etc. is a fool.
Do you not vote in local elections or something?
You’d have ranked choice voting so that every vote counts. #1 and #2 would be president and vice president. If that happens to be a left wing and right wing person, they have to work together and make it work.
Ranked choice is compelling, but the split ticket president/VP would be a disaster. IT's predicated on the notion that both parties are willing to compromise and work in good faith...and generally these days one party is very unwilling to do that in the US.

Not to mention the split ticket idea has been tried before in many countries, and it's usually done away with.

A lot of people agree. There are often more people eligible to vote, who don't vote, than vote for the election winners. Also in the First Past the Post system, if your vote wasn't for the winning party it is literally ignored. Leaving aside the issue that a lot of people don't trust the vote counters.

Leaving aside the issue that a lot of people don't trust the vote counters.
And it should be made very clear that the main reason folks who don't trust vote counters have doubts is because the Republican Party realized that it cannot win many more democratic elections and is sowing those doubts.

This lack of trust isn't some innocent trend, it's mostly the result of the GOP cynically talking out of both sides of its mouth.

Back