Conor McGregor: 'I will stop Dennis Siver inside two minutes'

If he does this it's a great thing for the sport don't worry about that.

Even more reason why Alvarez-Bendo should have been a five rounder.

The UFC wants this Irish loud mouth to keep winning easy fights

Last edited:
Wow, if Jon Jones ever came out and said something that bold the hate he would get would be unreal. Conor says it not one word about him being cocky or dismissive of Siver.

"Dennis, repeat after me...in under 2 minutes of the first round, yo ass goes down" - Dana Black
pulp-fiction-quotes-8.jpg

He's being generous saying 2 minutes

Are you guys doubting Mystic Mike's fight predictions???

I for one will be putting 5000 moneys on this outcome

I believe him.

Conor bless everyone ITT.

I would bet all my vcash if I didn't have teh dubs.

"Dennis, repeat after me...in under 2 minutes of the first round, yo ass goes down" - Dana Black

I wouldn't doubt it one bit. A $50,000 cash under the table bonus to take a dive.
Maybe a little intimidation also?... you win this fight and it will be the last fight you ever win. A lot of that went on in boxing with Don King. Dana White is no better so it wouldn't surprise me.

Its obvious the UFC is trying to build this guy up into a money generating machine. They don't want him to lose.

lol

After that glancing blow to the side of Dustin's head that made him drop like he was shot I am not ruling out anything. I am not saying it was a fix. But there is a LOT of money on the line when you can get this kind of nationalistic fanbase thing going that also targets their key demo. So I am just saying IF they were the type of organization that would ever consider doing something like that, then this would be the situation they would look for. But I don't have any reason to think so. Honestly when Dustin went down I was like "WTF" but wouldn't have thought much about it after if it wasn't Conor. So hard to know if I am being biased or just realistic. Certainly it would be naive to think ethically many companies would be above that sort of thing. But taking the risk is a whole different story. Funny to joke about either way though.

Lol @ everyone thinking Siver is good enough to take a dive.

Poirier has the weakest chin at FW, why are people surprised he got KO'd?

lol

After that glancing blow to the side of Dustin's head that made him drop like he was shot I am not ruling out anything. I am not saying it was a fix. But there is a LOT of money on the line when you can get this kind of nationalistic fanbase thing going that also targets their key demo. So I am just saying IF they were the type of organization that would ever consider doing something like that, then this would be the situation they would look for. But I don't have any reason to think so. Honestly when Dustin went down I was like "WTF" but wouldn't have thought much about it after if it wasn't Conor. So hard to know if I am being biased or just realistic. Certainly it would be naive to think ethically many companies would be above that sort of thing. But taking the risk is a whole different story. Funny to joke about either way though.

Don King did it in boxing. Do you think Dana White is any better of a person? I would almost guarantee there have been some worked fights in the UFC.

McGregor is the new Michael Bisping or Dan Hardy. He gets all the hand picked fights. Bisping, Hardy and McGregor all have something in common too... They represent their country and the UFC is using them to draw in more fans which means more money.
Bisping was supposed to be a champ... lol
Hardy was supposed to be a champ... lol
Now McGregor is supposed to be a champ... don't fall for the hype

I've said it time and time again without these guys and without the Chaels the sport would be dead to the mainstream..

Siver wasn't exactly handpicked.. Conor wanted to stay active no one else was available to fight.. He was getting the titel fight without this fight we all pretty much know that..

Unlike Bisping and Hardy McGregor has a much better chance at being champion. If you followed him trough his career and knew just a fraction of his training regime then you would know this too.

PS hes the only fighter who can beat Jonny Bones.

Lol @ everyone thinking Siver is good enough to take a dive.

Poirier has the weakest chin at FW, why are people surprised he got KO'd?

I know 'chin' covers a lot of ground but the side of the head is normally not a known weak spot and it was a glancing blow. Even for a shit 'chin' I didn't expect that. But like i said, other than the initial surprise i probably wouldn't have given it much thought after if it wasn't against a guy that could mean huge dollars for the UFC. How likely is it? Probably not very. But i don't think it could ever be ruled out 100%. But it is really hard to keep secrets. One would think they wouldn't risk it. But Don King basically set up every other fight he promoted and nobody ever admitted it at the time so who knows? But given their need to expand and having 500 fighters under them and making money as a business more than riding any particular fighter it would be hard to see.

Conor McGregor made the following statement during an interview on the UFC 182 pay-per-view:

"So, January 18th, I feel I will stop Dennis Siver inside two minutes. I've ran through some scenarios; I cannot see him escaping the first two minutes. He is a seasoned veteran, he is a kickboxing expert, a taekwondo expert, he is my most experienced competitor that I will ever have faced. But I feel that under two minutes it will take me to dispatch him, and again it will make way for the football stadium in Ireland."

Your thoughts?

If Melvin can do it, the GOAT can too.

Muhammad Ali vs Sonny Listen 2 was a work. Listen went down with a weak punch and acted like he couldn't get up. His life was threatened before the fight and later after he revealed the fight was a work he ended up dead in a unsolved mystery. He died of a drug overdose but everyone who knew him said he never did drugs.

Don King did it in boxing. Do you think Dana White is any better of a person? I would almost guarantee there have been some worked fights in the UFC.

I don't think he is any better

But king made his money off fighters and bookies. The UFC is global. Word gets out and not only the whole organization is done but they are looking at fines up the ass and criminal charges. For all the hype, Conor doesn't affect their pocketbook enough to take the risk IMO.

Plus I think it is more likely a scenario you would approach Aldo, a guy who has been outspoken about not caring if people use roids to cheat and has complained 3x about pay. You offer him several million to drop the first fight and let him get his belt back in the second and you have 2 of the biggest PPVs ever. I could envision a scenario like that. I don't think they would risk it on Poirer where it means nothing if Aldo beats him into a coma. If we are picking hypotheticals in which they might do something like that.

Siver is durable... but I also didn't think Conor would finish Poirier in the first round.

Back