Conor McGregor: 'I will stop Dennis Siver inside two minutes'

EDIT: I failed to read the paragraph properly

anyway, next to the quote button is another button called multi-quote which you can "select" for each post you want to reply to while you continue reading through the thread till the end, then you hit reply and all the quotes appear, rather than posting 4-5 times in a row.

Yup I know haha, I just scrolled through the thread and kept finding posts I disagreed with.

I ain't no nub, just lazy.

Man some of the people posting in here are pathetic. Such a lack of self-awareness it's untrue.

People thinking Poirier took a dive. Go look at the reply and look how quickly his legs give out when he gets hit. Now go an watch any sport (football/soccer comes to mind) and watch people diving on that in slow motion. There's a noticeable gap between contact and the player going down, something which your nervous system does on your behalf (and much quicker) when you get dropped.

If Poirier was indeed scheduled for a dive, McGregor KO'd him before he had the chance. Another point is, if you're trying to go down, you don't wing punches like Dustin did that would risk knocking McGregor out.

Actually, cancel that, DON KING DID IT SO DANA WHITE MUST HAVE DONE IT

Man some of the people posting in here are pathetic. Such a lack of self-awareness it's untrue.

People thinking Poirier took a dive. Go look at the reply and look how quickly his legs give out when he gets hit. Now go an watch any sport (football/soccer comes to mind) and watch people diving on that in slow motion. There's a noticeable gap between contact and the player going down, something which your nervous system does on your behalf (and much quicker) when you get dropped.

If Poirier was indeed scheduled for a dive, McGregor KO'd him before he had the chance. Another point is, if you're trying to go down, you don't wing punches like Dustin did that would risk knocking McGregor out.

Actually, cancel that, DON KING DID IT SO DANA WHITE MUST HAVE DONE IT

Pay no mind to the "divers", they are not to be taken seriously.

Feeding the troll here, however, Poirer didn't take a dive there are several GIFs showing different angles where the strike clearly lands behind the ear and Poirer dropped as a result, then as we all know was finished with follow-up strikes. It was a glancing blow but a punch that lands in that area will knock an opponent down, now STFU and watch Connor run right through Siver. There are GIFs of the finish where it does look fishy like some ghost KOs we've seen previously in the UFC, however, this is not one of them

Ken Shamrock vs Rich Franklin. Shamrock was a good actor and a "fake wrestler" also. Shamrock went down from a punch that didn't even touch him. He just fell backwards when the telegraphed Franklin punch got close. For a few years that fight had a lot of controversy. Weird fight no matter what you want to say about it.

shamrock was dropping down for a single and actually got it.

Kentakedownfranklin.gif

Last edited:
I would laugh so hard if siver stopped Conor within 2 mins via spinning kick to the liver as Conor comes in .

Unfortunately I think we could. If only the hype of McGregor wasn't unjustified a while back I'd be rooting for him. Now, no matter how good he gets, it'll take a long time for me to like him. Chris Weidman is only just now starting to sit right with me.

The prediction is in from the GOAT.

Beware, Siver.

Time to show the money uncle Dana, to keep the McGregor hype train going. Siver won't take a dive for free :)

Come on, you're under-rating Siver to discredit McGregor here when he beats him.

He runs through Brandao, he dominated Cub in the first.

Holloway and Poirier would both have tough times with him.

No need to be so confrontational. Conor's probably my favourite fighter right now. Just my legitimate scouting report on Siver. He's the 3rd best guy that Conor has faced. Max Holloway is a beast and I'd pick him to beat Poirier if they rematched.

He could be right, but the dude seems to put an added layer of pressure on himself. I still think he finishes Siver, inside of two minutes,idk.

The UFC/Dana White would never risk the potential fallout, and damage to its image by "paying fighters to take dives"......The damage wouldn't equal the reward? Risking the integrity of the sport? To What to hype an individual fighter?

I don't see it going any other way aside a McGregor first round KO

Back