Conor McGregor: 'I will stop Dennis Siver inside two minutes'

I don't think he is any better

But king made his money off fighters and bookies. The UFC is global. Word gets out and not only the whole organization is done but they are looking at fines up the ass and criminal charges. For all the hype, Conor doesn't affect their pocketbook enough to take the risk IMO.

Plus I think it is more likely a scenario you would approach Aldo, a guy who has been outspoken about not caring if people use roids to cheat and has complained 3x about pay. You offer him several million to drop the first fight and let him get his belt back in the second and you have 2 of the biggest PPVs ever. I could envision a scenario like that. I don't think they would risk it on Poirer where it means nothing if Aldo beats him into a coma. If we are picking hypotheticals in which they might do something like that.

I know what you mean but EliteXC got shut down because they paid Seth to stand and trade with Kimbo Slice and Shannon Ritch was involved in a scandal. I guarantee there are a LOT more that haven't been caught. The UFC is a powerful org and can pay someone to keep their mouth shut is all I am saying. Maybe on the risky fights the money under the table with a wink and a nod happen.

I know 'chin' covers a lot of ground but the side of the head is normally not a known weak spot and it was a glancing blow. Even for a shit 'chin' I didn't expect that. But like i said, other than the initial surprise i probably wouldn't have given it much thought after if it wasn't against a guy that could mean huge dollars for the UFC. How likely is it? Probably not very. But i don't think it could ever be ruled out 100%. But it is really hard to keep secrets. One woudl think they wouldn't risk it. But Don King basiclaly set up every other fight he promoted and nobody ever admitted it at the time so who knows?

The thought of any UFC fighters, mostly one who's top 5-top 10, taking a dive is idiotic. Pretty sure a fighter who's put years of work into becoming a top fighter in their division would refuse 50k-100k. If word got out that the UFC staged fights, they would lose a huge portion of their market. You have to be some kind of special to think the UFC would risk that just to promote one guy from a country where the market isn't even that big. Why an Irish fighter? Why not a fighter from a bigger or more populated country. Aldo is the only Brazilian UFC champ left, why would they risk that HUGE market for an Irishman.

Conor was a huge knockout artist at CW, but to you it's impossible that he KO's guys in the UFC too. You would rather believe that the UFC stages fights than the fact that Conor hits like a middleweight and can talk some good trash too? Poirier and Siver are very chinny, why would it be impossible if Conor KO's them in the first round.

The thought of any UFC fighters, mostly one who's top 5-top 10, taking a dive is idiotic. Pretty sure a fighter who's put years of work into becoming a top fighter in their division would refuse 50k-100k. If word got out that the UFC staged fights, they would lose a huge portion of their market. You have to be some kind of special to think the UFC would risk that just to promote one guy from a country where the market isn't even that big. Why an Irish fighter? Why not a fighter from a bigger or more populated country. Aldo is the only Brazilian UFC champ left, why would they risk that HUGE market for an Irishman.

Conor was a huge knockout artist at CW, but to you it's impossible that he KO's guys in the UFC too. You would rather believe that the UFC stages fights than the fact that Conor hits like a middleweight and can talk some good trash too? Poirier and Siver are very chinny, why would it be impossible if Conor KO's them in the first round.

Honestly you would have to be some kind of special to think it wouldn't happen. Its happened before in MMA and boxing.

Honestly you would have to be some kind of special to think it wouldn't happen. Its happened before in MMA and boxing.

Yeah, in some unknown organization. Name a known staged UFC fight.

Conor bless.

Can't wait for the football stadium

lol

You have to be young or never have followed boxing or are just an idiot

And still, i said I wouldn't find it likely but it is something you can't rule out 100%. And the top guys are often involved because the most action is on them. Again, try Googling "boxing" and just go from there. You have heard of it right?

I have bit my tongue on a lot of stupid posts of yours because they weren't to me. I even tried talking to you like you were an adult. I knew that was a mistake. I will let you get back to whatever it is you do when you aren't boring me.

BTW I'm not saying any of McGregors opponents have took a dive yet because he hasn't fought anyone remotely good yet. The UFC right now is paving the road and padding his record with easy fights.

I know what you mean but EliteXC got shut down because they paid Seth to stand and trade with Kimbo Slice and Shannon Ritch was involved in a scandal. I guarantee there are a LOT more that haven't been caught. The UFC is a powerful org and can pay someone to keep their mouth shut is all I am saying. Maybe on the risky fights the money under the table with a wink and a nod happen.

All someone has to do is see the formula auto companies used to use (and some may still use) when deciding to do recalls and figure out how many will die and how many will make the connection and how many will sue and how many will win and what the average judgement will be and weigh that against the cost of a recall. Human life means nothing to most companies. So when it comes to morals and ethics, there is very little I ever rule out completely.

Last edited:
Yeah, in some unknown organization. Name a known staged UFC fight.

Ken Shamrock vs Rich Franklin. Shamrock was a good actor and a "fake wrestler" also. Shamrock went down from a punch that didn't even touch him. He just fell backwards when the telegraphed Franklin punch got close. For a few years that fight had a lot of controversy. Weird fight no matter what you want to say about it.

What penalties will there be for McG if he fails to stop Siver inside 2 minutes? None at all, so keep running your mouth McG.

BTW I'm not saying any of McGregors opponents have took a dive yet because he hasn't fought anyone remotely good yet. The UFC right now is paving the road and padding his record with easy fights.

So Holloway and Poirier are not "remotely good"? Give me a break.........Holloway is, without question, one of the very best 145ers on the planet.

All someone has to do is see the formula auto companies used to use (and some may still use) when deciding to do recalls and figure out how many will die and how many will make the connection and how many will sue and how many will when and what the average judgement will be and weigh that against the cost of a recall. Human life means nothing to most companies. So when it comes to morals and ethics, there is very little I ever rule out completely.

You are right on that. They pull the cards when the time is right after weighing all the odds. If the risk is worth the reward.

lol

You have to be young or never have followed boxing or are just an idiot

And still, i said I wouldn't find it likely but it is something you can't rule out 100%. And the top guys are often involved because the most action is on them. Again, try Googling "boxing" and just go from there. You have heard of it right?

I have bit my tongue on a lot of stupid posts of yours because they weren't to me. I even tried talking to you like you were an adult. I knew that was a mistake. I will let you get back to whatever it is you do when you aren't boring me.

**Automatically shuts me down by referring to boxing because he knows he can't properly answer any of my questions without sounding any more retarded than he already does**

**Automatically shuts me down by referring to boxing because he knows he can't properly answer any of my questions without sounding any more retarded than he already does**

Your own stupidity and ignorance shut you down

I just shined a flashlight on it

And yeah, thinking fights don't get fixed or with top guys to the point that you mock someone saying it can't be completely ruled out makes you an idiot. Good luck finding anyone to support you who thinks otherwise. Especially if they read the posts and understand English and know how to apply terms in context such as likelihood.

I don't know what you think the asterisks are accomplishing but considering I am probably posting to a guy who gets distracted when someone jiggles their keys I am not going to worry about it much. This is my last post to you. I knew what type of poster you were already. I really have myself to blame here.

Ken Shamrock vs Rich Franklin. Shamrock was a good actor and a "fake wrestler" also. Shamrock went down from a punch that didn't even touch him. He just fell backwards when the telegraphed Franklin punch got close. For a few years that fight had a lot of controversy. Weird fight no matter what you want to say about it.

You have obviously not seen this fight. The famous GIF from this fight of the situation you described actually resulted in a successful takedown attempt for Shamrock.

You have obviously not seen this fight. The famous GIF from this fight of the situation you described actually resulted in a successful takedown attempt for Shamrock.

I watched the fight when it was live

I know 'chin' covers a lot of ground but the side of the head is normally not a known weak spot and it was a glancing blow. Even for a shit 'chin' I didn't expect that. But like i said, other than the initial surprise i probably wouldn't have given it much thought after if it wasn't against a guy that could mean huge dollars for the UFC. How likely is it? Probably not very. But i don't think it could ever be ruled out 100%. But it is really hard to keep secrets. One would think they wouldn't risk it. But Don King basically set up every other fight he promoted and nobody ever admitted it at the time so who knows? But given their need to expand and having 500 fighters under them and making money as a business more than riding any particular fighter it would be hard to see.

the side of the head can be like the behind the ear thing that vitor lands a lot. Even though people are probably going to dispute this, chin generally refers to ability to absorb shots that KO someone because it shocks the brain into shutdown mode. Some of the punches like shogun on machida along the side of the head or behind the ear will temporarily fuck up a fighters equilibrium.
*edit* a good example is this random punch fujita landed on fedor
282jlz6_jpg_medium.gif

the side of the head can be like the behind the ear thing that vitor lands a lot. Even though people are probably going to dispute this, chin generally refers to ability to absorb shots that KO someone because it shocks the brain into shutdown mode. Some of the punches like shogun on machida along the side of the head or behind the ear will temporarily fuck up a fighters equilibrium.

Vitor vs Franklin is a perfect example. The shot behind the ear will take your balance away but you will still be there 100% mentally. Its happened to me once in a sparring session. You just lose control of your muscles temporarily.

What penalties will there be for McG if he fails to stop Siver inside 2 minutes? None at all, so keep running your mouth McG.

At around the 4 minute mark people would be making mental notes that McGregor's body can't keep up with his mouth.

Back