Conor haters are a miserable lot

I don't think people really hate Conor, some people are just getting annoyed by some posters and their "GOAT this, GOAT that"...

UFC_Fight_Night_59_Fight_Poster.jpg

I know you took a little liberty with this official fight poster, but good lord the way the picture is set it looks like Siver is fighting somebody else on the undercard? Almost had to use my magnifier to bring in Siver to the picture.

Usually they have the fighters in face off position, looks like the want Siver out of the picture figuratively & literally....

I beg anyone who truly believes that Denis Siver is the man to bring Conor down, please bet on it. Siver by decision pays 19 to 1 on unibets right now, and if he wins that's most likely how he will get it done. Please please please make the oddlines better for Conor :D

Conor is the best thing going in MMA currently, period.

Even if you don't like the guy why would you rather see a bunch people that lost to Aldo again fight him again. Even in close fights there is almost never a redemption to the loser.

Are you serious...

Cain vs JDS
Arlovski vs Bigfoot
Lawler vs Hendricks
Frankie vs Maynard
Cruz vs Faber
Rampage vs Wand
Crocop vs Randleman
Jacare vs Mousasi
Chuck vs Randy
Sylvia vs Arlovski
GSP vs Hughes
Werdum vs Nog
Brock vs Mir
Shogun vs Forrest
Shogun vs Machida
Nog vs Hendo
Barnett vs Nog
Randy vs Vitor
Wand vs Arona
Le vs Stout
Curran vs Straus
Freire vs Curran
Alvarez vs Aoki
Magana vs Aguilar haha

etc...

If anything MMA fans take too much from the results of a single fight, fans of other sports know it takes more than one victory for a team to be considered definitively 'better' than another. Probably because fights are far between enough that it makes people feel better to think that way. Maybe we actually need MORE rematches to judge fighters better against each other - kidding but if they could fight more often, maybe not kidding then...

It's not really the "Conor haters" you're referring to as being a miserable lot, but rather the "haters of Conor fellators" that have grown miserable at the tired, unimaginative, regurgitated tripe that is pervasive on the boards. They hate the fan, not the man.

I actually like Conor McGregor, and I'll root for him like I do any of my favorites. But I absolutely refuse to join in with all of those that have grabbed on to his nuts with a pitbull grip, endlessly espousing him as the second coming.

ronda's period is more important than conor is

Maybe to causal Joe's who flip channels and think " Oh wow, women fighting!" for 5 minutes and nerdy WMMA obsessed fanboys who drone on about how "hot" she is, but WMMA has zero depth and until it does it is irrelevant no matter how many movies or "hot" photoshoots or interviews she does.

ronda's period is more important than conor is

I'm a big Ronda fan. I love her style of fighting and intensity. She really needs a challenge, though. She is so far ahead of her peers that no one cares anymore, if they ever did.

I mean this is just stupid:
859326298.gif

And it's even sadder when you consider the fact that the gif is like 1/8 the duration of the whole fight.

Someone needs to put cyborg on a diet and tip her off when the athletic commissions are in town and get that fight signed ASAP.

tl;dr

Most Conor lovers talk like they want to suck his ****. Literally.

If the opportunity presented itself, they probably would. 'Conor bless' should be a banned phrase. Apart from that, I like him as a fighter.

You say things like "TS wants to suck Conor's dick" but how about actually addressing what TS said? Is there anything you disagree with.

I personally completely agree with TS's assessment. If the haters get there way, then MMA is much worse off. But thats what they want, for everything to go to shit because their life is shit. It seems most Conor haters are just not happy with their own life and can't stand to see someone else doing everything right because they did things wrong. Haters.

How anyone can not like what Conor is doing is crazy. I truly think Conor makes them all so insecure that they just wish bad things upon him.

i agree with TS for the most part, just not the part where he wants to suck Conor's dick. i'd prefer TS to like Conor a normal non-gay amount.

I really want Siver to win tonight.. I hate all the hype Conor is getting, and I'm not really a fan yet.

Having said that I was just on the phone with Paypal disputing some fraudulent charges.. the woman who was helping me was from Ireland (very thick accent), we had a pretty cool conversation about Conor and MMA. It was fun, he may have just gained a fan via a customer service rep at Paypal.

Conor isn't the problem here. Threads like this are the perpetual low-point of Sherdog on a daily basis.

I mean, shit, John Lennon's fans weren't even this bad...

i agree with TS for the most part, just not the part where he wants to suck Conor's dick. i'd prefer TS to like Conor a normal non-gay amount.

And where did TS say he wants to suck Conor's dick? Oh that's right, you made that shit up like an immature child.

It's not really the "Conor haters" you're referring to as being a miserable lot, but rather the "haters of Conor fellators" that have grown miserable at the tired, unimaginative, regurgitated tripe that is pervasive on the boards. They hate the fan, not the man.

I actually like Conor McGregor, and I'll root for him like I do any of my favorites. But I absolutely refuse to join in with all of those that have grabbed on to his nuts with a pitbull grip, endlessly espousing him as the second coming.

That_Feel.gif

What about those of us who don't hate Conor at all but have been huge fans of Siver for a very long time?

He has a big fat mouth so he's going to have haters. I don't hate him but look forward to him getting smashed and looking like a tool for all his talk.

People love to see loudmouthes get.their comeuppance

Well, you clearly don't understand what Conor is doing with all of that talk.

You think he's doing it our of sheer disrespect or something? sure, he talks a lot, but he's doing it because he's trying to market himself as best as possible. He's trying to make people pay attention and get them to watch. He's trying to get good ratings for his fights and the more fans he gets to watch, the more money he is pulling in for the UFC, and the more money he is pulling into his bank account.

Not only is the talking a great way to get yourself some very good paydays in combat sports, but when you're a very exciting, and impressive fighter inside the cage (or ring) like Conor McGregor, that also helps boost the ratings and gets more people to pay attention/watch his fights.

Conor has his haters, every fighter has their haters, but don't take all of that talk so seriously. He's just marketing himself the best he possibly can so he can get some more eyes on the buildup, the fight, and it helps him get some damn good paydays in the end.

A lot of the haters should check out the documentary about him. You will then see that Conor is actually a really down to earth guy. He isn't just being disrespectful. Look at the end of his fights, the in-cage interview with Joe Rogan, he gives props to his opponents. It's just business for him. He is simply trying to get a bigger payday and that talking he does? that talking helps, A LOT.

It's unfortunate that it has to be that way sometimes in order to get big paydays, a lot of fighters had to talk like this in order to get good money. You can be a great fighter sometimes, hell, even a very exciting one, but sometimes they won't get great pay because they can't hype the fights up very well with their talking. Again, it's unfortunate that it's like that, but if you're a great trash talker, then it's likely going to be better for your bank account.

Are you serious...

Cain vs JDS
Arlovski vs Bigfoot
Lawler vs Hendricks
Frankie vs Maynard
Cruz vs Faber
Rampage vs Wand
Crocop vs Randleman
Jacare vs Mousasi
Chuck vs Randy
Sylvia vs Arlovski
GSP vs Hughes
Werdum vs Nog
Brock vs Mir
Shogun vs Forrest
Shogun vs Machida
Nog vs Hendo
Barnett vs Nog
Randy vs Vitor
Wand vs Arona
Le vs Stout
Curran vs Straus
Freire vs Curran
Alvarez vs Aoki
Magana vs Aguilar haha

etc...

If anything MMA fans take too much from the results of a single fight, fans of other sports know it takes more than one victory for a team to be considered definitively 'better' than another. Probably because fights are far between enough that it makes people feel better to think that way. Maybe we actually need MORE rematches to judge fighters better against each other - kidding but if they could fight more often, maybe not kidding then...

Talking about title fights best vs best.

GSP vs Koscheck
GSP vs Penn
Edgar vs Penn
Henderson vs Pettis
Silva vs Sonnen
Franklin vs Silva
Chuck vs Randy
Chuck vs Tito
DJ vs Benevidez
Silva vs Franklin
Ortiz vs Shamrock
Rousey vs Tate
Henderson vs Cerrone
Weidman vs Silva
Aldo vs Mendez
Aldo vs Faber
Cruz vs Faber
Newton vs Hughes

The only time there should be a rematch is if there's a close fight and if there is no one left at the top. I didn't think Lawler should have fought Hendricks again with fighters near the top. Some merit rematches but Conor is literally the only top 10 fighter that Aldo hasn't beaten twice or handily. Edgar is the only one that is close and why give him a title shot when he's had one already when you could just give Conor it and give Edgar one after?

I believe there are lots like myself. I like Conor, hes exciting and entertaining, his ridiculous fanboys can take a fucking walk though.

Seriously, I'm with this guy 100%.

some of you guys are making me dry heave with how you talk about this guy.

And where did TS say he wants to suck Conor's dick? Oh that's right, you made that shit up like an immature child.

wait, are you TS' boyfriend? is that why you're mad? okay, sorry. your boyfriend doesn't want to do that stuff to Conor. happy?

Back