Conor haters are a miserable lot

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by RJ43, Jan 16, 2015.

1. RJ43

RJ43 The Baddy

[​IMG]

You guys must really be the life of the party! Ideal Conor hater scenario for the FW division:

McGregor get's KO'd in the first round out cold by Siver. What Siver does next means nothing because no one gives a crap about him because he has no shot to be top 5, only that he destroys Conor. Log on to Sherdog to say "I told you so!" Then Conor fights wrestlers who grapple fuck him until he retires to pour pints in Ireland for the rest of his life.

Aldo continues on his rematch tour, decisions the top 5 again, and slowly continues to degrade as a fighter until some mediocre contender catches him or UDs him. Then we have a revolving door championship until some MMA community approved contender actually wins the belt and defends it a few times. Oh, and this contender must already have a "proven" track record because anything less is not OK. FW division continues to sit in overall obscurity.

Such excitement!

You guys don't understand Conor fans because you are curmudgeons with no imagination, or you have stupid forum agendas. Why not hold out a little hope that maybe, just maybe this guy can back up his talk. Maybe he can be a truly unique fighter that pushes MMA forward a little bit not just by promotion, but by his style in the cage.

Maybe he can be a champion who doesn't wrestle-box his way to a belt. Maybe he can be a champion who instead of complaining about fighter pay decides to try and put the promotion on his back and make people want to watch him.

Live a little, guys, and have some imagination. Is it really better that this guy get's KO'd cold and extinguished? Do we not want more guys like him, Anderson, Pettis etc... who bring creativity and expression to elite levels of MMA?

[​IMG]

2. psyops

psyops Banned Banned

He has a big fat mouth so he's going to have haters. I don't hate him but look forward to him getting smashed and looking like a tool for all his talk.

People love to see loudmouthes get.their comeuppance

3. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

That's kinda what happens when you keep running your mouth about how quick you'll beat your opponents. He said inside of 2:00 minutes for Siver right? I hope Siver at least forces it to go three rounds, it took Cerrone and others longer to beat Siver at LW.

I honestly have MORE respect for a guy like Cerrone that doesn't really talk shit and just shows up and tries to beat the fuck out of people and fights often. McGregor is a damn good fighter don't get me wrong and I understand fighters have to be confidence but it's very blah when it's the same old shit over and over.

It's like Sonnen, at first it was funny and entertaining and now it's just more of the same shit over and over.

4. Credo

Credo Punishment Belt

Dude chill on the Coco, but i

5. Tamriel Terror

Tamriel Terror Silver Belt

the same people that hate him seem to be the same that complain about "star power", which is hilarious because they want to see conor lose "aka lose potential star power"

Ironic

6. Redwing22

Redwing22 Orange Belt

I believe there are lots like myself. I like Conor, hes exciting and entertaining, his ridiculous fanboys can take a fucking walk though.

7. SherdogGoat

SherdogGoat Platinum & Braco Belt Banned

I really like the guy. He is very skillful and has a unique personality. The other day I watched his documentary and loved it. I can call myself a fan of his. His nuthuggers are extremely annoying though and the GOAT, Conor Bless jokes may have been funny a while back but now they are just boring and redundant.

8. countswagula

countswagula Gold Belt

Conor is charismatic and has an exciting style. His following, however, is just a bad pastiche of the gimmick he does so well.

9. Das Werm

Das Werm Green Belt

At least I don't see them digging up lame and irrelevant shit like I see them do with Jones. Polarizing fighters are good for the sport.

10. LikeItIs

LikeItIs Red Belt

Both sides are hilarious. I enjoy skimming through each Conor thread on here just to see the inevitable back-and-forth hilarity.

"Conor Bless"
    "God I can't wait until Siver wins so all you Conor Bless idiots will stfu"
    "I used to like Conor but his fans make me want to see him get knocked out"
    "Who would win, Conor vs Cain?"
    "GOAT going to GOAT"

There are people on here that are just having fun but what is most funny are the people who are truly angry/enraged. Watching them freak out is what makes Sherdog truly special.

11. Wheels33

Wheels33 West west

I'd dislike him less if he didn't have that absolutely terrible fucking tattoo.

12. Gregolian

There is this too. That tattoo is so damn bad.

13. countswagula

countswagula Gold Belt

[​IMG]

14. Gregolian

Let's be honest, fighters in general don't have the greatest of tattoos. Like Frank Mir has three letter last name tattooed on his back, Brock's "sword", Connor's gorilla, Belcher's.... person.

15. 91 seconds

91 seconds Disposable Hero

If McGregor gets knocked out cold by Siver in the first round would be epic on so many levels. It'd be just as great as the Hendo bomb on Bisping, probably more so.

I agree if he lives up to what he says would be great for the division, but after all this trash talk, the ufc biased investment in this guy, the fail would be amazing to see and the shit storm that follows. How would Conor react to that? Fuck the fans on Sherdog. Conor and the UFC made his epic fall a possibility and I wouldn't mind seeing it all derailed. I would've felt the same toward Anderson or Fedor if they talked so much shit and were built up to be gods gift to mma without really proving themselves(too bad they created their hype by fighting and becoming champs) It'd be interesting if he lost

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  16. Credo

Credo Punishment Belt

17. RJ43

RJ43 The Baddy

My main point is do we not want a champion who not only going to fight to win, but fight to push the entire art forward? To blend styles in a way that hasn't been done before? It takes a truly exceptional martial artist to do this. I believe this is Conor's goal and I think he may be talented enough to do it.

Conor haters would rather trade this potential to see him fail. Miserable bastards, the lot of ya!

18. Gregolian

THAT highlighted portion right there is what gets to me the most. When I see McGregor fight I see this guy only from Ireland instead:

19. paynebringer

paynebringer Titanium Ape Planet Belt... Always Defend ♠♠♠

I commend you for making a post that didn't sound like a wet 13yr old girl. I rarely knock Conor I recognize he's a real talent but I still question how flashy & good he'll look against real top level talent and still wanting him to get smashed just to kill some of the hype.

As I stated numerous times my issue is not so much with Conor as it is with his Justin Bieber boy fan base always crying over him and about him and half the time it's not even about his fighting but what color does he like, his favorite music, what he likes to do, where he shops. Some of you all do him more injustice than justice with the Conor drooling.

20. zzzdom

zzzdom sleepyhead

I don't think people really hate Conor, some people are just getting annoyed by some posters and their "GOAT this, GOAT that"...

I personally just enjoy watching good fights, yes there are times when I want one fighter to win more than the other but I'm mostly neutral, as long as I see a good fight I'm pretty much satisfied.

[​IMG]