Conor completely DOMINATED the first round!!

Let's say Conor DID "dominate" the first round. Diaz was never hurt, wobbled, stunned or even remotely in trouble at all in the entire 5 minutes. What does that say about Conor's ability to finish Diaz then?

He was clearly hurt by a few shots. He's just very tough and stuck it out.

Personally, I thought the hardest shot in the round was landed by BJM with that illegal knee on Aldo.

The only thing Connor dominated or has ever dominated was/is pre fight lip service
He is honestly the most overrated and artificially created WWE style created in UFC history - basically an average fighter who landed one lucky shot on a legend

I saw some of the same posters saying Conor didn't dominate Nate in round 1 saying Edgar got dominated by Aldo in their rematch. Too funny...

Both clear decisions, neither dominated

So he dominated a guy with no training camp and still lost...excellent

He did better in the first half of the second.

This.

He won the first round without question, but he wasn't "dominating".

He hurt Nate in the 2nd, and started making some good progress. Then Nate got pissed and beat the shit out of him.

Who cares? Nate responded to those claims right after the fight. He made it clear he was a little worried about his cardio, and he didn't spar much at all and was kinda cruising that first round. He even went on to say that with a full camp, he didn't think McGregor would hit him nearly as much. I expect Diaz to look a lot sharper this fight in the first round......

LMAO this thread gave me some chuckles.

Blind hate to the fullest y'all muthafuckas didnt even read the OP.

Well done TS

Ts suggests conor "dominated" the first round.

Does not know how the ten point must system is scored.

I had it 10 - 9 for Connor, but it wasn't that one-sided.

Connor did dominate the beginning of the 2nd round though.

No one anywhere as ever said Conor lost the first round, so I don't know why these threads keep getting made. Conor fans clinging to a sliver of hope?

Conor missed on a ton of big strikes in the first round. He wasnt stepping into nates range enough to land them.

He wasnt dominant at all.

This false recollection is why i feel nate will win the rematch. Conor feels like he did better than he actually did, and that overconfidence will carry over into the fight.

BRuYTMw.gif

Conor landed 5 more strikes in the first round. LoL.
Means nothing when these are your punches:

giphy.gif

Conor's rearranged Nate's face.

I don't see why people think that this is not a factor for a rematch. Conor showed he is clearly a better striker. His movement is more fluid and he can evade and land much easier. Conor came into that fight full of confidence and he should be able to take a lot of confidence into a rematch. I expect it to look a lot like the first round when they fight again. I just don't see how people can favor Jose to get his belt back in the rematch.

Stupidity dominates your life.

A competitive but clear 10-9 is not a "domination" at all.

Was that round even a 10-8? If it wasn't a 10-8 round, why are we even talking about it? Because McTap said so?

BRuYTMw.gif

Conor landed 5 more strikes in the first round. LoL.

revisionist history by Conor and his nuthuggers

Let's say Conor DID "dominate" the first round. Diaz was never hurt, wobbled, stunned or even remotely in trouble at all in the entire 5 minutes. What does that say about Conor's ability to finish Diaz then?

It's because that's not what happened.

First round was Conor's but it was FAR from domination. Nate was 100% in the fight the whole time.

If he out landed him 100-1 it wouldn't change him losing in the second.

There's a reason fights aren't 1 round.

go rewt ch the first round it wa snot a domination the blood makes it worse than it was

conor dominated the 2nd round far more convingly

It was Conor's round definitely but Conor didn't dominate.

he completely got ktfo'd in the second round

Nate picks it up around 2:55 if the 1st. Conor is swinging for the fences with each shot and nate begins to work the jab.

i dont know about that, he won the first round but it was much more narrow then when i watched it live. nate always start off slow. if anything conor did own the START of the 2n round before his doom.

You Conor fans are glutton for punishment you know you just gonna get gif to death with Conor being b!tch slapped punched and forced to tap footage. The confidence you supposedly think he should be able to take back into a rematch certainly was not on display here at the post fight presser, this looks like a shaken & shook man to me...

giphy.gif

I'll give you a hint...as much as you think Conor "Dominated" the first round...he didn't. While I'll agree that he won the first round, there was no domination. Not to mention Conor had a FULL training camp, while Nate had maybe 10 days. Now you can spin things all you want that they both had no time to prepare for each other, Conor had PLENTY of time to train for stamina and he straight up GASSED in round 2 when he started to get hit from a superior and heavier striker. So why isn't Conor's stamina a question. Not too mention the dumbest line you said, "Conor came into that fight full of confidence and he should be able to take a lot of confidence into a rematch". When you gas and get exposed on the ground from a black belt in BJJ there is no where to turn...Bad news for you nut hugger, Conor has been exposed (when it comes to upper weight classes). He will beat Jose 9 out of 10 times in my opinion but he needs to stop with his grand delusion of conquering other weight classes. CONNOR BLESS.

1st was closer than i recall. 2nd was Conor in a big way till he got tagged.

Thats the issue. Conor really needs to pressure him with volume striking again, conserving energy is playing into Nates strong suit.

Conor dominated. Its clear. more strikes and they were significant. der. he busted nate up bad. also pulled a nice bjj reversal on the ground. If conor can not gas for 3 rounds he can win.

So lets say its a gun fight and connor empites his magazine in one burst, no kills.
Diaz loads his gun and has target practice on connor.

Obviously connor did a lot better because he wnet out there like a mad.man but the fights are 3 5 minute rounds not 1 round, I'd sau connor was just stupid and a rookie thing especially for a world champion to beun out like that

Meh. Conor didn't hold a clear advantage anywhere. Nate was his obvious superior in the clinch, and he submitted him on the ground after rocking him standing.

Not sure what you're getting uppity about.

Watching live, I thought Conor starched him in the first rd, and just gassed in the second from putting too much into his punches.

But after rewatching it, I actually thought the first round was razor close. I maybe edged it for Conor, but Nate landed some good combinations once he started to find his range.

I agree. People really over rate that first round and then ignore the opening of the second where he really landed.

Then he lost.

I think it's going to be a war. Conor is clearly well prepared and will look to get in and out imo. Going to be a great fight..

How can even the conor sack lickers make a thread like this KNOWING he fought No Camp Cabo Nate?
Did you get the 'no camp' part?
I'm guessing you understand what that means?

He won the first pretty clearly but it wasn't domination.

I think the cut over Nate's eye made it look worse than it was.

giphy.gif

These Conor huggers are just out of control...

They are the most ignorant group of fans I've ever seen. Or flat out liars.

Nobody that has a clue about what they were watching. Thinks Conor ... COMPLETELY DOMINATED the first round. That's just fucked up.

He won but did not dominate in any way.

The same people claiming how much better Conor will do in the rematch because he'll be much better PREPARED, ignore the fact that Nate wasn't able to PREPARE at all last time.

"Dominated" is a very strong word.

It's a factor for sure. But it's also worth noting that Nate hadn't sparred for a while and Conor just had a full camp. So it's reasonable to expect Conor to be much sharper than Nate from the outset. But we see what happened when Nate found his range and timing.

So the rematch will tell us...was the first fight the result of Conor gassing? Or did Conor only dominate because Nate hadn't fully trained?

Yes, absolutely

10-9 for Conor

Haters gonna hate, sorry buddies

I saw some of the same posters saying Conor didn't dominate Nate in round 1 saying Edgar got dominated by Aldo in their rematch. Too funny...

Both clear decisions, neither dominated

So he dominated a guy with no training camp and still lost...excellent

Who cares? Nate responded to those claims right after the fight. He made it clear he was a little worried about his cardio, and he didn't spar much at all and was kinda cruising that first round. He even went on to say that with a full camp, he didn't think McGregor would hit him nearly as much. I expect Diaz to look a lot sharper this fight in the first round......

Ts suggests conor "dominated" the first round.

Does not know how the ten point must system is scored.

I had it 10 - 9 for Connor, but it wasn't that one-sided.

Connor did dominate the beginning of the 2nd round though.

dear casual, watch more Diaz brother's fights

No one anywhere as ever said Conor lost the first round, so I don't know why these threads keep getting made. Conor fans clinging to a sliver of hope?

Conor missed on a ton of big strikes in the first round. He wasnt stepping into nates range enough to land them.

He wasnt dominant at all.

This false recollection is why i feel nate will win the rematch. Conor feels like he did better than he actually did, and that overconfidence will carry over into the fight.

ReadHunny.gif

Apparently none of you guys can read an OP. 10/10 TS.

Back