Conor completely DOMINATED the first round!!

1st was closer than i recall. 2nd was Conor in a big way till he got tagged.

I did read the opening post in which it was made clear the OP was talking about Aldo. But apparently some of you can't even read 3 or 4 lines of text to the end.

On this nonsense about Conor landing just 5 more strikes than Nate in the first round. I believe this comes from Fightmetric. MMA Junkie uses stats by "Fight Analytics" and the strikes for the entire fight according them were...

Conor 135 strikes thrown, 66 sig. strikes landed. Nate 131 strikes thrown, 25 sig. strikes landed. Conor had cage control for 5 mins 21 seconds. Nate had cage control for 1 minute 54 seconds.

This seems much closer to reality to me. Conor was hitting big shots for the first 7 minutes. Nate was having some success with his jab and his hook/slap that he does, but nothing really significant until the shot that wobbled Conor. The stats according to them are here...

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/03/ufc-196-play-by-play-and-live-results

Thats the issue. Conor really needs to pressure him with volume striking again, conserving energy is playing into Nates strong suit.

Oh and you can click on the rounds for the strike counts for that particular round as well...

According to them:

Conor threw 69 strikes and landed 29 sig. strikes.
Nate threw 61 strikes and landed 9 sig. strikes.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/03/ufc-196-play-by-play-and-live-results

Quite what passes in fightmetric's minds as a "Significant strike" has always puzzled me. Especially after the Condit/Lawler fight.

Conor dominated. Its clear. more strikes and they were significant. der. he busted nate up bad. also pulled a nice bjj reversal on the ground. If conor can not gas for 3 rounds he can win.

go rewt ch the first round it wa snot a domination the blood makes it worse than it was

conor dominated the 2nd round far more convingly

Ninja, you best get off that crack and meth.

It is always interesting to see a thread like this, and get a count of how many illiterate people there are on Sherdog.

I don't see why people think that this is not a factor for a rematch. Conor showed he is clearly a better striker. His movement is more fluid and he can evade and land much easier. Conor came into that fight full of confidence and he should be able to take a lot of confidence into a rematch. I expect it to look a lot like the first round when they fight again. I just don't see how people can favor Jose to get his belt back in the rematch.

+ 1

I said he blows out RDA had he shown up. Not the 1st time a fighter bailed.

So lets say its a gun fight and connor empites his magazine in one burst, no kills.
Diaz loads his gun and has target practice on connor.

Obviously connor did a lot better because he wnet out there like a mad.man but the fights are 3 5 minute rounds not 1 round, I'd sau connor was just stupid and a rookie thing especially for a world champion to beun out like that

Meh. Conor didn't hold a clear advantage anywhere. Nate was his obvious superior in the clinch, and he submitted him on the ground after rocking him standing.

Not sure what you're getting uppity about.

Watching live, I thought Conor starched him in the first rd, and just gassed in the second from putting too much into his punches.

But after rewatching it, I actually thought the first round was razor close. I maybe edged it for Conor, but Nate landed some good combinations once he started to find his range.

I don't see why people think that this is not a factor for a rematch. Conor showed he is clearly a better striker. His movement is more fluid and he can evade and land much easier. Conor came into that fight full of confidence and he should be able to take a lot of confidence into a rematch. I expect it to look a lot like the first round when they fight again. I just don't see how people can favor Jose to get his belt back in the rematch.

He didn't dominate, there were hardly any exchanges and even though he won, he still got hit in that exchange. That's not domination.

Aldo will hurt him in the next fight.

Back