Conor: billionaire status by age 35 ... so he makes Canelo money right now.

I'm assuming this Is what you mean

(Not the actual court documents but a summation)

Which states that the total annual revenue earned by a single fighter is 8.5 million.

Theres nothing for 2016

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/9/...re-info-on-how-much-top-ufc-fighters-are-paid

If 8.5m was the most made IN TOTAL by any one fighter, that's even lower than what I understood was being reported. My understanding was that it was $8m as the top amount for one fight. But again, I'm going by what I heard on the radio today in my car.

Here come the Conorstans, defending his net worth like he's gonna share it with them.
I believe it has more to do with discussing the politics of fighter pay and what fighters are actually making.

What you call defending, I call objectively trying to arrive at what is most true, regardless of who's involved.

This proves Conor is the GOAT
Jeff Bazos is the GOAT, worth over 100+ billion dollars. Conor’s a broke bum asking for cigarette butts in comparison.

I believe it has more to do with discussing the politics of fighter pay and what fighters are actually making.

What you call defending, I call objectively trying to arrive at what is most true, regardless of who's involved.

True or false: Conor is making $80mil to fight Cowboy.

If 8.5m was the most made IN TOTAL by any one fighter, that's even lower than what I understood was being reported. My understanding was that it was $8m as the top amount for one fight. But again, I'm going by what I heard on the radio today in my car.
Maybe that's true. Who knows. Hed just won the belt from Aldo that year. So obviously his pay was nowhere near 2016 and onwards

Trajectory wise, wouldn't be all that crazy for him to be making 15+ mil a fight after be won the belt. As forbes reported

No I wouldn't say that

But i think youd be surprised the amount of loopholes that exist in the system

Especially for a billion dollar company in terms of what they need to disclose.

Regardless of what the case may be, those numbers are nonsense

There are loopholes in what they need to publicly disclose (on a state by state basis). There aren't loopholes in a class action lawsuit when the federal government makes them disclose any and all fighter pay including bonuses or other misc compensation.

And keep in mind what the lawsuit is about too: fighter pay (at its core it is anyway). The absolute last thing the UFC wants reflected in this case is LOWER fighter pay. They want to "get credit" for every damn dollar they are paying the fighters obviously. Hiding those amounts would HURT their case.

Will Clodagh be at the fight that's what I wanna know.

The tweets referencing the $8m reference unsealed documents but post no evidence of said documents.

There are loopholes in what they need to publicly disclose (on a state by state basis). There aren't loopholes in a class action lawsuit when the federal government makes them disclose any and all fighter pay including bonuses or other misc compensation.

And keep in mind what the lawsuit is about too: fighter pay (at its core it is anyway). The absolute last thing the UFC wants reflected in this case is LOWER fighter pay. They want to "get credit" for every damn dollar they are paying the fighters obviously. Hiding those amounts would HURT their case.
Fair enough

But I'm still gonna actually need to see this evidence and a lot more data before I make up my mind

Fair enough

But I'm still gonna actually need to see this evidence and a lot more data before I make up my mind

You'll never see actual evidence unless Conor decides to post pics of wire transfers or something. Logic says there is no way he makes what he has claimed he does. He still makes a shit ton, he's likely worth over $100m, but this "billionaire" stuff is fantasy.

I'd suggest reading my earlier posts in this thread

I've said everything that needs to be said

And I'm not gonna repeat myself

Yeah if you can't put forth the effort to type 't' or 'f' I'm definitely not sifting through your stream of delusional sewage posts, mate.

The more I see of Conor the less I think he cares about the money.
I think he's content with the cash he has but knows this braggadocious behaviour keeps him relevant n popular.

Call me an idiot if you wantl

giphy.gif

“ are you an expert in business “ - you sound like a 9 year old

conor is not a fashion icon nor is he a pop culture icon

Jordan’s success in fashion was due to him being
A. The most iconic player to ever play a sport beloved by hundreds of millions of people

B. Partnering with a the biggest sportswear company in the world

C. Appealing to an urban audience in a time when urban wear represented a huge chunk of the fashion market share

others like Jay Z and Diddy are huge pop culture icons who either purchased or created alcohol brands that targeted a demographic they have real influence over

no real whiskey lover will buy conors crap, whiskey drinkers tend to stick to several familiar brands that’s it, his whiskey is purchased by a minority of a minority of fans of a niche sport, same thing goes for his fashion brand, both will die as soon as his fame goes away, he is not a global icon, he is the star of a niche sport.

hopefully for him he has his money diversified with different fund managers, private equity, and real estate, in which he case he will likely remain wealthy as long as the investments are solid.

But his lifestyle and nouveau rich attitude reminds me of broke athletes and rappers hence why I said he’s the euro trash version of broke NFL players.
I agree but to say Conor isn’t a pop culture icon is ridiculous. He is a household name ffs. He’s considered an A list celebrity along with the Kardashian’s. Just look on social media and I’m sure you see Conor somewhere on there.

Conor makes more in one night than Jay Z or Diddy in a year or any rapper you can think of. Combat sports athletes are paid completely different so it’s not fair to say he can’t end up investing and saving into the billionaires club.

I agree but to say Conor isn’t a pop culture icon is ridiculous. He is a household name ffs. He’s considered an A list celebrity along with the Kardashian’s. Just look on social media and I’m sure you see Conor somewhere on there.

Conor makes more in one night than Jay Z or Diddy in a year or any rapper you can think of. Combat sports athletes are paid completely different so it’s not fair to say he can’t end up investing and saving into the billionaires club.

Literally all of this is false.

You'll never see actual evidence unless Conor decides to post pics of wire transfers or something. Logic says there is no way he makes what he has claimed he does. He still makes a shit ton, he's likely worth over $100m, but this "billionaire" stuff is fantasy.
Logic says to me that if Conor were making multiple times less than boxers who are far lesser stars

That hed be a complete idiot

And again, let's assume that data is true.

Its from 2015 and hed just won the title that year. He literally just arrived. So it would make sense if the numbers were a bit lower

It wouldn't be at all crazy for him to be making 15 mil+ a fight afterwards as forbes reported. They also said diaz made 12 Mil

Then he won the second title against Eddie, fought Floyd in the top 2 biggest fights in combat sports history.

at that point he has an absurd amount of leverage. Hed been talking about being paid his worth since post Eddie. Realistically he could sit out retired and would be completely fine with it.

So again, at that point the leverage in his hands. To me, I dont think any smart athlete would even entertain competing unless they were being paid reasonable percentages relative to the potential revenue they bring in.

He said he was making 50 mil for the Khabib fight. Not crazy numbers whatsoever. I think it would be a lot crazier if he was making anything less.

Khabib says he wants 30 mil for Conor rematch.

Idk about 80 mil. But again I would emphasize that we really dont know.

The UFC underpays , but Conor is their cash cow and biggest star, realistically anything could be possible. Even Floyd numbers. He could be the exception. We really dont know

“ are you an expert in business “ - you sound like a 9 year old

conor is not a fashion icon nor is he a pop culture icon

Jordan’s success in fashion was due to him being
A. The most iconic player to ever play a sport beloved by hundreds of millions of people

B. Partnering with a the biggest sportswear company in the world

C. Appealing to an urban audience in a time when urban wear represented a huge chunk of the fashion market share

others like Jay Z and Diddy are huge pop culture icons who either purchased or created alcohol brands that targeted a demographic they have real influence over

no real whiskey lover will buy conors crap, whiskey drinkers tend to stick to several familiar brands that’s it, his whiskey is purchased by a minority of a minority of fans of a niche sport, same thing goes for his fashion brand, both will die as soon as his fame goes away, he is not a global icon, he is the star of a niche sport.

hopefully for him he has his money diversified with different fund managers, private equity, and real estate, in which he case he will likely remain wealthy as long as the investments are solid.

But his lifestyle and nouveau rich attitude reminds me of broke athletes and rappers hence why I said he’s the euro trash version of broke NFL players.
Conor is the Michael Jordan of Ireland tbh

Logic says to me that if Conor were making multiple times less than boxers who are far lesser stars

That hed be a complete idiot

And again, let's assume that data is true.

Its from 2015 and hed just won the title that year. He literally just arrived. So it would make sense if the numbers were a bit lower

It wouldn't be at all crazy for him to be making 15 mil+ a fight afterwards as forbes reported. They also said diaz made 12 Mil

Then he won the second title against Eddie, fought Floyd in the top 2 biggest fights in combat sports history.

at that point he has an absurd amount of leverage. Hed been talking about being paid his worth since post Eddie. Realistically he could sit out retired and would be completely fine with it.

So again, at that point the leverage in his hands. To me, I dont think any smart athlete would even entertain competing unless they were being paid reasonable percentages relative to the potential revenue they bring in.

He said he was making 50 mil for the Khabib fight. Not crazy numbers whatsoever. I think it would be a lot crazier if he was making anything less.

Khabib says he wants 30 mil for Conor rematch.

You really think Conor has just been making 8 mil or whatever?

The problem you aren't seeing is that there is a hard cap on any fighter's leverage. And that's the fact that they DON'T HAVE ANYWHERE ELSE TO GO that will pay them more $. That's the UFC's trump card with their biggest stars. Bellator can't afford to pay the huge sums.

Again, this is why the UFC was likely secretly over the moon about the Floyd boxing match. Conor got his huge payday, they didn't pay it, they collected a fee for being his promoter. That was their olive branch to him since they don't pay him fair market value (or didn't previously anyway).

Back