Conor: billionaire status by age 35 ... so he makes Canelo money right now.

Conor makes more in one night than Jay Z or Diddy in a year or any rapper you can think of. Combat sports athletes are paid completely different so it’s not fair to say he can’t end up investing and saving into the billionaires club.

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>
Did you just say conor makes more in a night than Jay Z and Diddy make in a year ? I cant even reply to this unreasonable claim

The McCuckolds eat up every lie this dude spits, a cult of morons.

Who cares hes richer than all of sherdoggers combined. Why yall arguning decimal points and zeroes like it matters in any way to your life?

That said - he'll most likely lose the vast majority of his wealth to bad spending habits and massive lawsuits.

There are loopholes in what they need to publicly disclose (on a state by state basis). There aren't loopholes in a class action lawsuit when the federal government makes them disclose any and all fighter pay including bonuses or other misc compensation.

And keep in mind what the lawsuit is about too: fighter pay (at its core it is anyway). The absolute last thing the UFC wants reflected in this case is LOWER fighter pay. They want to "get credit" for every damn dollar they are paying the fighters obviously. Hiding those amounts would HURT their case.
Note the 8.5m wasn’t provided to the court based on a specific request. It was from ufc marketing material that was part of discovery.

The problem you aren't seeing is that there is a hard cap on any fighter's leverage. And that's the fact that they DON'T HAVE ANYWHERE ELSE TO GO that will pay them more $. That's the UFC's trump card with their biggest stars. Bellator can't afford to pay the huge sums.

Again, this is why the UFC was likely secretly over the moon about the Floyd boxing match. Conor got his huge payday, they didn't pay it, they collected a fee for being his promoter. That was their olive branch to him since they don't pay him fair market value (or didn't previously anyway).
Yeah but Conor realistically could've just retired post floyd.

He had a whiskey company, doing endorsements, had sponsors, 33 mil Instagram followers.

He didn't need to ever fight again.

If Conor needed to fight then yeah. Maybe

Being in that position gives him a lot of leverage. Not to mention he was sitting on 2 titles which he never lost, just came off a 5 million ppv buy show with Floyd that made over a billion dollars.

He had all the possible leverage ( and time) to negotiate percentages to his liking, comparable to other high level athletes and stars in other sports.

Conor very well could be the exception in this sport.

If it were you, would you hold out? If you see what lebron is getting, floyd, whoever. I know I would and all due respect, we probably dont have the Business savvy and understanding of the industry that Conor does.

It's all speculation of course but I'd pretty much again sum up with, we really dont know lol

Logic says to me that if Conor were making multiple times less than boxers who are far lesser stars

That hed be a complete idiot

And again, let's assume that data is true.

Its from 2015 and hed just won the title that year. He literally just arrived. So it would make sense if the numbers were a bit lower

It wouldn't be at all crazy for him to be making 15 mil+ a fight afterwards as forbes reported. They also said diaz made 12 Mil

Then he won the second title against Eddie, fought Floyd in the top 2 biggest fights in combat sports history.

at that point he has an absurd amount of leverage. Hed been talking about being paid his worth since post Eddie. Realistically he could sit out retired and would be completely fine with it.

So again, at that point the leverage in his hands. To me, I dont think any smart athlete would even entertain competing unless they were being paid reasonable percentages relative to the potential revenue they bring in.

He said he was making 50 mil for the Khabib fight. Not crazy numbers whatsoever. I think it would be a lot crazier if he was making anything less.

Khabib says he wants 30 mil for Conor rematch.

Idk about 80 mil. But again I would emphasize that we really dont know.

The UFC underpays , but Conor is their cash cow and biggest star, realistically anything could be possible. Even Floyd numbers. He could be the exception. We really dont know

$50mil/2.4mil ppv buys = $20.85 per every $60 ppv.

Do you think the UFC gave Conor an effective $21 per buy?

Do you know how much of the ticket sales and ppv income ($144mil) goes to arena use? Taxes?

The UFC would be losing tens of millions of dollars under that business plan, mate.

Note the 8.5m wasn’t provided to the court based on a specific request. It was from ufc marketing material that was part of discovery.

True. And in a class action lawsuit the last thing the UFC would want to do would be to underrepresent fighter pay, right?

Wasnt the whole 80million thing already rejected by everyone with a brain already?
Those people don't hang out on Sherdog. Sherdog is burnt edges and smoked out crack dens.

$50mil/2.4mil ppv buys = $20.85 per every $60 ppv.

Do you think the UFC gave Conor an effective $21 per buy?

Do you know how much of the ticket sales and ppv income ($144mil) goes to arena use? Taxes?

The UFC would be losing tens of millions of dollars under that business plan, mate.
Well then theres gate, sponsors, endorsements and other shit. The ppv money isnt the only stream of income to be drawn from.

It wouldn't be that crazy, no. Not at all.

I'm aware boxing is a different system but Floyd was getting 100 mil guaranteed for shows that did 1 million ppvs less and didn't garner nearly as much worldwide interest as the Khabib bout

But again I'd say nothing for certain. All we can do is theorize based on the data given to us and compare it with other sports / stars.

I think my stance has been reasonable though.

Yeah but Conor realistically could've just retired post floyd.

He had a whiskey company, doing endorsements, had sponsors, 33 mil Instagram followers.

He didn't need to ever fight again.

If Conor needed to fight then yeah. Maybe

Being in that position gives him a lot of leverage. Not to mention he was sitting on 2 titles which he never lost, just came off a 5 million ppv buy show with Floyd that made over a billion dollars.

He had all the possible leverage ( and time) to negotiate percentages to his liking, comparable to other high level athletes and stars in other sports.

Conor very well could be the exception in this sport.

If it were you, would you hold out? If you see what lebron is getting, floyd, whoever. I know I would and all due respect, we probably dont have the Business savvy and understanding of the industry that Conor does.

It's all speculation of course but I'd pretty much again sum up with, we really dont know lol

The UFC (both under Zuffa and WME) has ALWAYS (right or wrong, for better or worse) been steadfast in their view that the brand is what matters, and fighters come and go. Even stars.

That doesn't mean a big star like Conor has no leverage, but they simply don't cave to anyone. It's not in their DNA.

Remember Conor publicly claiming he was strongly angling for an ownership % of the company? Remember Dana's response? That was Conor being put in his place.

If he goes unbeaten and becomes a double champ again fighting atleast 3-times a year it’s possible.

And since you are fans with him you are a billionaire in your head by default.

Guess people forget how many companies sponsor Conor and the businesses he has. Proper 12 might be cheap whiskey but it's a celebrity endorsed product for under $30 so it still sells well. My buddy owns a liquor store and it's selling really well right now for upcoming fight. Tbh it's just Jameson that's not as smooth.
The more he wins the more it sells too. I see 18 wheelers with Conor’s face on it full of whiskey in random city in Louisiana all the time. It all depends on if he keeps winning if he doesn’t lose and fight 2-3 times a year for next 4 years he’ll have made close 1 billion by then.

Well then theres gate, sponsors, endorsements and other shit. The ppv money isnt the only stream of income to be drawn from.

It wouldn't be that crazy, no. Not at all.

I'm aware boxing is a different system but Floyd was getting 100 mil guaranteed for shows that did 1 million ppvs less and didn't garner nearly as much worldwide interest as the Khabib bout

But again I'd say nothing for certain. All we can do is theorize based on the data given to us and compare it with other sports / stars.

I think my stance has been reasonable though.
So looking at gate, ppv sales, and lists of highest paid sports stars, it's pretty clear that Conor isn't getting $50mil from the Khabib fight.

I can't hold your hand through the math, dude. But taxes are 30%, the ppv provider is taking a chunk, and now ESPN is too.

I'm sorry this is so hard for you to grasp. It's not like the numbers are a couple million off, we are taking $30-$40mil off.

The UFC (both under Zuffa and WME) has ALWAYS (right or wrong, for better or worse) been steadfast in their view that the brand is what matters, and fighters come and go. Even stars.

That doesn't mean a big star like Conor has no leverage, but they simply don't cave to anyone. It's not in their DNA.

Remember Conor publicly claiming he was strongly angling for an ownership % of the company? Remember Dana's response? That was Conor being put in his place.
Well ownership % is another matter entirely

You could even argue that's a sort of negotiation on his part.

It's clear having that in his mind that he knew his worth and was after more money.

That's all just company lip service. They wanted Conor back but ultimately the cards are in his hands when that happened or if it happened at all.

For that reason, I'd say the power was in Conors hands, at least to be paid realistically compared to his generated revenue.

Again we dont know but I would bet that's what happened or something similar. Perhaps a meeting in the middle type of scenario

So looking at gate, ppv sales, and lists of highest paid sports stars, it's pretty clear that Conor isn't getting $50mil from the Khabib fight.

I can't hold your hand through the math, dude. But taxes are 30%, the ppv provider is taking a chunk, and now ESPN is too.

I'm sorry this is so hard for you to grasp. It's not like the numbers are a couple million off, we are taking $30-$40mil off.
Damn you're pretty enlightened for someone who barely likes to scratch the surface of any topic hes involved in. ;)

Anyways I'm done with this. I gotta eat

Quote my other posts and I'll respond later

Peace

The more he wins the more it sells too.

Proper 12 was launched Sep 17, 2018.

Conor's last win was November 12, 2016.

You're just making shit up, mate. Conor's last win was 2 years before his whiskey launched.

Why are you lying for Conor? Is he sharing his money with you?

Back