Conor: billionaire status by age 35 ... so he makes Canelo money right now.

So you really think boxers make 5-10x more than him, even though hes comparable in stardom and revenue brought in to a peak floyd and Conor is somehow okay with that?

Even Forbes reported Conor made 15 mill for The second Nate fight

Yes, boxers make that much more because the business model is completely different. Mayweather is the promoter too, he keeps roughly 70% of the generated revenue (obviously it can vary by fight but that's a decent guess). Conor isn't promoting the fight, he's for all intents and purposes an employee of the promoter (technically an independent contractor but in this case that distinction doesn't really matter).

Forbes does estimates. The numbers I gave are disclosed numbers from a court case. Names are redacted but when the TOP amount is $8m for all fights between 2010 and 2016 (and again, everyone is very sure that was Lesnar for UFC 200) you can be sure Conor did not make $15m (let alone $25m) for any of his fights LOL.

Yes, boxers make that much more because the business model is completely different. Mayweather is the promoter too, he keeps roughly 70% of the generated revenue (obviously it can vary by fight but that's a decent guess). Conor isn't promoting the fight, he's for all intents and purposes an employee of the promoter (technically an independent contractor but in this case that distinction doesn't really matter).

Forbes does estimates. The numbers I gave are disclosed numbers from a court case. Names are redacted but when the TOP amount is $8m for all fights between 2010 and 2016 (and again, everyone is very sure that was Lesnar for UFC 200) you can be sure Conor did not make $15m (let alone $25m) for any of his fights LOL.
Well you can think what you want I guess

He might just be getting out by 35.

Ireland isn't America. If he's guilty he wont be able to buy his way out of it Kobe Bryant style.

Even in court documents

It doesnt mean that everything actually paid was disclosed

In my initial statement

I emphasized we really dont know

And I stand by that

But if were to use boxers as a frame of reference, Conor or any Athlete for that matter would be a fool if he wasn't getting some real percentages. Conor is a smart guy, he knows business and having made 100 mil or whatever he made, he realistically didn't need to fight again so the leverage was all in his hands.

Given that, it seems probable that WME caved and is paying him percentages comparable to stars and draws in other top sports.

Nobody really knows but this isnt unreasonable at all

The thing is, we DO know that the UFC did not pay any fighter more than $8m total compensation for any one fight between 2010 and 2016. That's a matter of public record. So Conor's claim of $25m is ludicrous, and makes it largely impossible to believe any number he gives going forward.

The thing is, we DO know that the UFC did not pay any fighter more than $8m total compensation for any one fight between 2010 and 2016. That's a matter of public record. So Conor's claim of $25m is ludicrous, and makes it largely impossible to believe any number he gives going forward.
Not everything is disclosed in public documents dude. This system has a LOT of loopholes, especially for a billion dollar company

Look at bankruptcy cases..

You're just being naive

He's full of it. He's lied before about what he made, and I'm not talking about a slight exaggeration. Jimmy Smith was filling in for Luke Thomas today and had a guy from Bloody Elbow on (can't remember his name) who broke it down.

Basically Conor said he made $25m for the second fight with Nate. But the dollar amounts from 2010 to 2016 were all disclosed in the antitrust suit and the most the UFC paid any one fighter during that time (this is ALL compensation including bonuses of every kind) was $8m for one fight. And it's pretty much universally known that was for Brock Lesnar at UFC 200. Which means Conor made less than $8m for the second Nate fight, and claimed he made $25m. He then claimed he made $50m for the Khabib fight.

Is Conor rich and does he make a ton of cash? Yes. Does he also exaggerate (like, 4 fold) the amount he's being paid for his fights in the UFC? Yes.
My bad

Last edited:

My bad. I read the info wrong

Last edited:
what I'll never understand are Conor fans feeling so good & prideful that he's so rich.

as if his success makes their days less stressful/lives that much easier. where they'd use this as an argument, as if it were their own accomplishment.

It's not about Conor being rich. It's that we watched him completely change the game in the matter of a few years (not all for the better).

MMA fighters were regularly underpaid, even the biggest stars. Now he's one of the highest paid athletes on the planet. How can someone be a fan of the sport and not find that kind of rise fascinating? $80 million in one night is a long way from Jose Aldo going undefeated for 10 years for $200k a pop.

It's not about Conor being rich. It's that we watched him completely change the game in the matter of a few years (not all for the better).

MMA fighters were regularly underpaid, even the biggest stars. Now he's one of the highest paid athletes on the planet. How can someone be a fan of the sport and not find that kind of rise fascinating? $80 million in one night is a long way from Jose Aldo going undefeated for 10 years for $200k a pop.

yeah, you're not that type of fan I'm talking about.

Even in court documents

It doesnt mean that everything actually paid was disclosed

Hypothetically if you were right, in consideration of the revenue someone like Conor brings in, that sort of pay would be among the biggest fuck overs of all time.

So you're saying the UFC is handing Conor millions upon millions of dollars IN CASH under the table?? They can't issue him a check or wire transfer for it, that leaves a trail. The court can subpoena all bank records, wire transfer records, everything. Sorry, but the UFC isn't parking a van with $20m in cash in it just so they can pay Conor more $ and not have a record of it. That's utterly ridiculous.

I'm assuming this Is what you mean

(Not the actual court documents but a summation)

Which states that the total annual revenue earned by a single fighter is 8.5 million.

Theres nothing for 2016

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/9/...re-info-on-how-much-top-ufc-fighters-are-paid

Didn't he post about being a billionaire in like August or some shit?
Guess people forget how many companies sponsor Conor and the businesses he has. Proper 12 might be cheap whiskey but it's a celebrity endorsed product for under $30 so it still sells well. My buddy owns a liquor store and it's selling really well right now for upcoming fight. Tbh it's just Jameson that's not as smooth.
How much do you figure Conor is making from sponsors? Genuine question.

Out of curiosity I looked at what Tiger Woods earned from sponsors, most recent year I found was 2018, and it said he earned $42 million that year. That's a third, or half depending on the site, of Conors entire net worth. I'd say be pretty astonished if Conor was making near that money a year in sponsors.

@MescalineDreams

From a value standpoint and dollars brought in, Conor was absolutely underpaid for a lot of his fights. No question. That's why Dana and the UFC threw him a bone and allowed the boxing match with Floyd to go down. They took a % but as an org they make a lot more with him headlining MMA cards than the amount they got of the boxing $. And they allowed him to keep a higher %, which is why he made probably $60-$70m that night. They kept him happy, but the $ wasn't coming from them. They didn't have to spend anything to promote it, set up the venue, anything. Conor got his massive payday, they took a tidy little sum for themselves, and they kept their biggest star happy.

Dana originally saying he wasn't going to let it happen was (shocking I know from Dana) utter bullshit. It was the easiest decision ever for the UFC. They knew Conor would lose but would make a ton of $ and it wouldn't be from them. And because it was a different sport, no shine off him for the most part. Plus they pocketed some $ just for being his promoter even though they really didn't have to do anything.

He's currently worth 80-90 mil. Honestly doubt he reaches 1 bill esp due to the fact he won't get enough attraction when he loses to Khabib again, Kamaru, Jorge and maybe even Cowboy. I don't even seen him breaking 300 mill tbh.

He's had a great career, but let's be realistic.

He spends a lot. Doubtful he will ever reach a billion.

Here come the Conorstans, defending his net worth like he's gonna share it with them.

Narrator: Conor didn't share.

So you're saying the UFC is handing Conor millions upon millions of dollars IN CASH under the table?? They can't issue him a check or wire transfer for it, that leaves a trail. The court can subpoena all bank records, wire transfer records, everything. Sorry, but the UFC isn't parking a van with $20m in cash in it just so they can pay Conor more $ and not have a record of it. That's utterly ridiculous.
No I wouldn't say that

But i think youd be surprised the amount of loopholes that exist in the system

Especially for a billion dollar company in terms of what they need to disclose.

Regardless of what the case may be, those numbers are nonsense

Back