Conor: billionaire status by age 35 ... so he makes Canelo money right now.

shhh, he doesn't know yet. Also Conor could wind up spending it all on child support payments lol
Great AV of Tank and Matua.. never seen it from that particular angle before.

ive heard him predict dez tings and proclaim this or that about his wealth before and this time around I just didn't hear it in his voice. my guess is hes making less than the kabib fight but a solid win over cowboy will open him up to something hes more happy with. maybe i'm wrong but that's what I gathering. he was more hesitant and uncertain in his speech them when he used to say these things.

Seems more like the opposite to me

Hes investing

In alcohol, clothing and other things

He could still end up like that but historically rich athletes who've held onto their wealth have made smart business investments
His investments are crap fads that’s will bankrupt him as soon as he’s not relevant anymore

Why the hell are some people so obsessed with how much money fighters make?!

Seems very strange to me.

And how would you know this?

Are you an expert in business
“ are you an expert in business “ - you sound like a 9 year old

conor is not a fashion icon nor is he a pop culture icon

Jordan’s success in fashion was due to him being
A. The most iconic player to ever play a sport beloved by hundreds of millions of people

B. Partnering with a the biggest sportswear company in the world

C. Appealing to an urban audience in a time when urban wear represented a huge chunk of the fashion market share

others like Jay Z and Diddy are huge pop culture icons who either purchased or created alcohol brands that targeted a demographic they have real influence over

no real whiskey lover will buy conors crap, whiskey drinkers tend to stick to several familiar brands that’s it, his whiskey is purchased by a minority of a minority of fans of a niche sport, same thing goes for his fashion brand, both will die as soon as his fame goes away, he is not a global icon, he is the star of a niche sport.

hopefully for him he has his money diversified with different fund managers, private equity, and real estate, in which he case he will likely remain wealthy as long as the investments are solid.

But his lifestyle and nouveau rich attitude reminds me of broke athletes and rappers hence why I said he’s the euro trash version of broke NFL players.

“ are you an expert in business “ - you sound like a 9 year old

conor is not a fashion icon nor is he a pop culture icon

Jordan’s success in fashion was due to him being
A. The most iconic player to ever play a sport beloved by hundreds of millions of people

B. Partnering with a the biggest sportswear company in the world

C. Appealing to an urban audience in a time when urban wear represented a huge chunk of the fashion market share

others like Jay Z and Diddy are huge pop culture icons who either purchased or created alcohol brands that targeted a demographic they have real influence over

no real whiskey lover will buy conors crap, whiskey drinkers tend to stick to several familiar brands that’s it, his whiskey is purchased by a minority of a minority of fans of a niche sport, same thing goes for his fashion brand, both will die as soon as his fame goes away, he is not a global icon, he is the star of a niche sport.

hopefully for him he has his money diversified with different fund managers, private equity, and real estate, in which he case he will likely remain wealthy as long as the investments are solid.

But his lifestyle and nouveau rich attitude reminds me of broke athletes and rappers hence why I said he’s the euro trash version of broke NFL players.
I sound like someone who knows when someone is talking out their ass

That's what I sound like

Your second to last paragraph basically even admits to yourself that you really dont know.

So why even make claims. You dont know his business and neither do I.

Doing whiskey, clothes, endorsements and all this stuff puts him far closer to athletes who held onto their wealth as at least on the surface, he seems business savvy and aware of the importance if diversifying his streams of revenue.

If he was being paid comparably to Boxers in terms of percentage of revenue

80 million wouldn't be crazy at all.

His star power is comparable to a peak floyd

But it seems doubtful the UFC would give those kind of percentages

That said, you never know. After Floyd, Conor made enough money to retire on.

Realistically he could just sit out forever and have all the leverage because he doesnt need to fight anymore. It's possible the WME caved and gave him what he asked for. Conor had been fighting to be paid his worth since the Eddie fight.

We really dont know

People need to understand though, with the kind of Revenue Conor brings in each fight, 80 million isnt crazy at all. Floyd was getting 100 mil guaranteed from showtime.

He could also be factoring endorsements and other things on the side as well

He's full of it. He's lied before about what he made, and I'm not talking about a slight exaggeration. Jimmy Smith was filling in for Luke Thomas today and had a guy from Bloody Elbow on (can't remember his name) who broke it down.

Basically Conor said he made $25m for the second fight with Nate. But the dollar amounts from 2010 to 2016 were all disclosed in the antitrust suit and the most the UFC paid any one fighter during that time (this is ALL compensation including bonuses of every kind) was $8m for one fight. And it's pretty much universally known that was for Brock Lesnar at UFC 200. Which means Conor made less than $8m for the second Nate fight, and claimed he made $25m. He then claimed he made $50m for the Khabib fight.

Is Conor rich and does he make a ton of cash? Yes. Does he also exaggerate (like, 4 fold) the amount he's being paid for his fights in the UFC? Yes.

He's full of it. He's lied before about what he made, and I'm not talking about a slight exaggeration. Jimmy Smith was filling in for Luke Thomas today and had a guy from Bloody Elbow on (can't remember his name) who broke it down.

Basically Conor said he made $25m for the second fight with Nate. But the dollar amounts from 2010 to 2016 were all disclosed in the antitrust suit and the most the UFC paid any one fighter during that time (this is ALL compensation including bonuses of every kind) was $8m for one fight. And it's pretty much universally known that was for Brock Lesnar at UFC 200. Which means Conor made less than $8m for the second Nate fight, and claimed he made $25m. He then claimed he made $50m for the Khabib fight.

Is Conor rich and does he make a ton of cash? Yes. Does he also exaggerate (like, 4 fold) the amount he's being paid for his fights in the UFC? Yes.
So you really think boxers make 5-10x more than him, even though hes comparable in stardom and revenue brought in to a peak floyd and Conor is somehow okay with that? That is more than a little naive. Conor realistically could've sat out forever if he wanted to. You really think hes coming back unless the UFC starts paying realistic percentages relative to what hes bringing in?

I feel for any intelligent and business savvy athlete, this would be a no. Hes been talking about being paid his worth since post Alvarez, even post floyd.

Even Forbes reported Conor made 15 mill for The second Nate fight. So where are they getting those numbers

The Mayweather strategy. Keep telling everyone you have 10 times what you actually have and eventually people will believe it.

I sound like someone who knows when someone is talking out their ass

That's what I sound like

Your second to last paragraph basically even admits to yourself that you really dont know.

So why even make claims. You dont know his business and neither do I.

Doing whiskey, clothes, endorsements and all this stuff puts him far closer to athletes who held onto their wealth as at least on the surface, he seems business savvy and aware of the importance if diversifying his streams of revenue.
I’m trying to objective stop taking things so personally, all my points stand.

1. He reminds ME of a euro trash version of broke NFL athletes

2. his known businesses are fads that will die when his popularity goes away

If he was being paid comparably to Boxers in terms of percentage of revenue

80 million wouldn't be crazy at all.

His star power is comparable to a peak floyd

But it seems doubtful the UFC would give those kind of percentages

That said, you never know. After Floyd, Conor made enough money to retire on.

Realistically he could just sit out forever and have all the leverage because he doesnt need to fight anymore. It's possible the WME caved and gave him what he asked for. Conor had been fighting to be paid his worth since the Eddie fight.

We really dont know

People need to understand though, with the kind of Revenue Conor brings in each fight, 80 million isnt crazy at all. Floyd was getting 100 mil guaranteed from showtime.

He could also be factoring endorsements and other things on the side as well
You forgot to add that Floyd was guaranteed 100 mil AFTER HE BECAME probably most successful free agent in this history of boxing... Before that his purse (btw more like 20 mil) was split 5 ways... Mike Tyson 'made' ~444 million in his career, he was lucky to actually get 30% of that.

Weird to think that Vin Diesel is going to be one, I still remember his break dance video.

You forgot to add that Floyd was guaranteed 100 mil AFTER HE BECAME probably most successful free agent in this history of boxing... Before that his purse (btw more like 20 mil) was split 5 ways... Mike Tyson 'made' ~444 million in his career, he was lucky to actually get 30% of that.
True but he remains a good frame of reference

In my initial statement

I emphasized we really dont know

And I stand by that

But if were to use boxers as a frame of reference, Conor or any Athlete for that matter would be a fool if he wasn't getting some real percentages. Conor is a smart guy, he knows business and having made 100 mil or whatever he made, he realistically didn't need to fight again so the leverage was all in his hands.

Given that, it seems probable that WME caved and is paying him percentages comparable to stars and draws in other top sports.

Nobody really knows but this isnt unreasonable at all

Back