Compare the hype of Conor vs Jones

Jones is a shitty promo with no charisma. He is comes off incredible unlikable in every interview and is a rampant drug user and cheater.

He has no idea how to promote a fight and is only concerned with one thing Jon Jones. The moment he gets beat Uncle Dana isn't going to promote him anymore.

When Conor fought a few weeks ago, there were literally thousands of threads, and they even had to get merged to make it a couple of hundreds.

Now we have Jones fighting, and there are a few threads, sure - but it isn't even remotely comparable.

Yet Jones is (everyone would probably aggree here) far closer to being a GOAT.

Why is that? Jones has never lost, should be a superhero - not least compared to McGregor who's lost a few times. They also share the notion of being perceived as a "bad guy", and they have both had to deal with a fair deal of wrongdoings outside of the Octagon.

Jones should be AT LEAST as popular as Conor. Why isn't he?
I just hope we watch them both 2 3 years without some injury or other stupid shit they do outside of octagon

Ah yes, the quintessential " DERP RACISM DOESNT EXIST!" narrative, brought to you by Trump's finest.

People loved Rampage because Rampage acted like an uneducated inarticulate brute. The same reason why they like Derrick Lewis. We've been over this before.... articulate intelligent black guys, ala Usman, Adesenya, Mighty Mouse, Jones, DC, get very little love from a huge portion of the UFC's fanbase.

- DC is a guy who's a pudgy 5'9 LHW, you smashed HW's his entire career, and up until recently , had only lost to the GOAT. All of this while approaching 40 yrs old. If he was a white guy, people would be talking about how he was one of the GOATs. But because he's a black guy, evry day people on here try to diminish his achievements and act like he wasn't that good.

- Usman is no different that GSP....a dominant wrestler who gets guys on their back and controls them an entire fight. Both guys have a boring fight style and have had moajority decision wins. But 1 of those 2 his held up as one of the best fighters ever, while the other is consistently belittled on here as boring and unwatchable, even WITH his last win being a KO. You see the difference?

- Adesenya is another great example. Here's a guy who finishes fights in spectacular fashion, with a KO win over one of MW's toughest fighters, yet hate is rampant on here for him. They cant used the steroid excuse like they do with Jones, and they cant use the "he's boring" excuse like they do with Usman, so instead now come with a new excuse...."he's corny" LOL like wtf does that even mean? It means people are desperately searching for a reason to hate him. Just imagine if a guy with Adesenya's record and dominance was White....

- You guys love to use the size excuse to justify the hate that MM always got on here, but TJ Dillashaw was only 10 lbs heavier and he was getting nothing but love on this site, with some people trying to paint him as a future GOAT. The Mighty Mouse thing was an absolutel fucking travesty...... here's a guy who keeps his nose clean, doesnt get into any trouble outside of the cage, dominates his weightclass, and whose fight finish ratio is as good as guys 50 lbs heavier than him..... yet people STILL hated him and made fun of him every chance they got. Now just imagine if MM was a white guy, like Dillashaw...

- Jones....lets not even go there. They guys record speaks for itself. NEVER lost a fight in the octagon, NEVER even been rocked. NOONE has done that before in the history of MMA. Clearly the GOAT fighter ofr any objective person, but because he's black, excuse fly about him. Steriods ( as if almost every other fighter in the UFC isnt on a performance enhancer), physical advantages ( we see how well reach and height advantage worked for Struve DERP), literally any excuse they can use because they don't want to admit that a black guy is one of the greatest fighters we've seen. AND don't even bring up the arrest thing, because people were hating on him here LOOONG before any of that happened. I'm a Sherdog OG, and I was here back when people were hating on him after he helped a mugging victim in a park.

Conor Mcgregor - Here's a guy who has proven himself over and over again to be a shit human being....beats on his fans, assaults old men for not drinking his shit liquor, snorts coke, throws dollies through windows, multiple rape allegations surrounding him.....yet every time he fights, he breaks records. Now Imagine if he was a black guy? How woudl those same "fans" be reacting to his quality of character?

You asked you my favorite fighters were.... Bisping and Overeem, and you'll know that if you've seen any of my previous posts. I love both guys because I admire how they overcome adversity beyond all odds to acheive their goals, and I couldnt give less of a fuck about their skin color. I don't care for Jones or Conor, both appear to be low quality human beings. But Jones although not one of my favorite fighters, is the best fighter I've ever seen step into that octagon. People can like who they want to like. But when who you like is affected by skin color, and not what kind of person they are and the skills they have, that's am indication of a pretty shitty human being.
This is the dumbest post ever. All the guys you mention get incredible love, minus usman who is a boring fighter and still gets 50% from all the colby hate. You're out of your fucking mind if you think racism is the narrative in todays MMA fans. Get a fucking life

This is the dumbest post ever. All the guys you mention get incredible love, minus usman who is a boring fighter and still gets 50% from all the colby hate. You're out of your fucking mind if you think racism is the narrative in todays MMA fans. Get a fucking life

"....They get incredible love...."

Yeah, Usman Jones and MM get INCREDIBLE LOVE LOL...

Welcome to Sherdog man, enjoy your stay!

"....They get incredible love...."

Yeah, Usman Jones and MM get INCREDIBLE LOVE LOL...

Welcome to Sherdog man, enjoy your stay!
You're retarded. MM gets as much love as a manlet can, usman is a boring fight, JBJ runs into pregnant ladies and ruins cards. There is more to the story than your silly little claims of non-existant racism. you live in an imaginary world.

It's not like people are jumping all over the Tim Elliot bandwagon cus he's the WHITE GUY in the flyweight division. Usman is one of the most boring fighters EVER and when he put on a good show vs Colby everyone loved it. Jones is a borderline criminal and gets all the hate he brings on himself. Racism died out, for the most part, YEARS AGO. Quit keeping it alive, nerd

Oh yes I forgot, THERE"S NO SUCH THING AS RACISM...AT ALL LOL!

Spoken like a true braindead incel Trumptard. Good day to you.
Hey I guess that means I win! Just like all of you liberal nut jobs, no actual replies other than "muh racism." Forever the victim, hahahahahaha

<DC-Champ>

People know the answer, but watch everyone dance around it and pretend they don't.

Its the same reason why Adesenya, Mighty Mouse ,Usman and now suddenly DC all get very little love despite being dominant fighters.
Stipe, Volkanovski, Cejudo, Whittaker

Adesanya and DC don't belong on your list.

Ngannou seems to get more love than Stipe, even though Stipe mauled him.

Last edited:
Conor is white. Add to this that he's Irish.
About a quarter of MMA fans in the U.S. are those two things and will instantly love him

Now throw in the WWE nonsense and the fact that he fights in a fashion that casuals both love and can understand. All of this makes him the most popular MMA fighter ever.

God forbid if his character had the talent of Roberto Duran as a boxer or Larry Bird as an NBA player. The fandom would be straight insanity.

Lets be honest shall we

As much as I really like MMA, it's a sport that's mostly made up of casuals (like boxing)

WWE is huge for kids and losers, so most of them will start to follow fighters like Conor and Brock Lesnar

They don't care about genuine fighters like Jon Jones, or Khabib

They prefer trash talk to actual fights

Conor's agency & the UFC put more money into his PR spamming social media sites, than Jones' does. Because Conor has made them a lot of money & they have a lot of money invested in him.

//thread ~ your welcome

Conor has always fought more often than Jones since his UFC debut. 13 MMA fights since April 2013 against 9. All the time Conor spent away or boxing was still less than Jones' PED suspensions.

Sure, you can't argue with that, but notice that I wrote "recently" (by which I mean the last 1-2 years) in my original post.

He’s not popular because he’s a cheat and everyone knows it. How can a cheat be GOAT? Silva was a cheat too, and plenty of others.

Because he doesnt knock guys out. McGregors hype would barely exist if his win/loss record remained the same but he won by decision instead
Well that tends to happen when you fight nothing but top 5 competition for nearly a decade, though he did win 2 of his last 4 by KO.

When Jon was coming up he destroyed people with brutal GnP or violent submissions, 9 of his first 11 UFC wins were finishes, including Vera, Bader, Shogun, Rampage and Machida.

Plus if you were right and Conor is so popular for "knocking people out" and not for all the casual attention his mouth and drama outside the cage attracts how do you explain Cheal being probably the second biggest draw for the casual fans when he had basically the same style as Jon Fitch who was widely regarded as the most boring fighter in the world at the same time Cheal was at the height of his popularity?

What? He's the reason a whole card was cancelled for the first time ever because he didn't want to fight fucking Chael as a late replacement. He had the fight against Rumble cancelled because of his hit and run, the UFC 200 against Cormier cancelled because of his drug test and the UFC 178 against Cormier cancelled because of a torn meniscus.
Lol, so Jon made a PPV card that was so bad it couldn't possibly be profitable if his fight fell off ?(as main events often did at the time without resulting in the whole card being scrapped since the Co-main was always good enough to be moved up).

Pretty sure he's not the one responsible for that.... Why are we not blaming Hendo for waiting till the last minute to tell everyone he had been injured for a month. Maybe to give his teammate (Cheal) who was training the whole time his best chance by giving Jones and his game plan focused team only the 6 days of fight week to change their plan completely.

Dana and the UFC are the ones that caused a whole card to be cancelled, not Jones. Luckly for Dana though he was able to distract from the fact that card was garbage by throwing Jon under the bus knowing his gullible fan base would buy into that narrative and run with it instead of focusing on the real problem which was him trying to sell an unsellable PPV without Jon on it.

I actually hated Jones until this happened and he refused to be thrown under the bus and bullied by Dana and told them to fuck off, that made me start liking him.

Well that tends to happen when you fight nothing but top 5 competition for nearly a decade, though he did win 2 of his last 4 by KO.

When Jon was coming up he destroyed people with brutal GnP or violent submissions, 9 of his first 11 UFC wins were finishes, including Vera, Bader, Shogun, Rampage and Machida.

Plus if you were right and Conor is so popular for "knocking people out" and not for all the casual attention his mouth and drama outside the cage attracts how do you explain Cheal being probably the second biggest draw for the casual fans when he had basically the same style as Jon Fitch who was widely regarded as the most boring fighter in the world at the same time Cheal was at the height of his popularity?

Sonnen was a relevant for about 6 months after mouthing off vs Anderson & then giving him a beating. He ran out of steam just as quickly.

I made a reference in a later post to the difference between early Jones & present Jones. He seems to have lost that killer instinct. But I do have some sympathy with champions not finishing people because, as you say, they're fighting top competition over 5 rounds every time

If Rumble had Jones's W-L record, but with all his wins by 1-2 round KOs he would be at least top3 biggest stars in combar sports. Being undefeated matters a lot, but its difficult to become a global superstar with Jones's fighting style. PED history doesn't help.
the thing is he doesnt have because he aint better than jones

Sonnen was a relevant for about 6 months after mouthing off vs Anderson & then giving him a beating. He ran out of steam just as quickly.

I made a reference in a later post to the difference between early Jones & present Jones. He seems to have lost that killer instinct. But I do have some sympathy with champions not finishing people because, as you say, they're fighting top competition over 5 rounds every time
Not true at all, he became more and more popular in the year leading up to the rematch and continued to gain popularity right up until receiving a life time ban from competition and getting released by the UFC. Why do you think people were fine with him even being offered as an opponent that night to begin with and then instead of taking the fight Vitor got a month later was given a season of TUF before the title fight coming of a 2nd RD TKO loss the division below?

As for Jon I think he's at the point Anderson was at where he is bored with his opposition and fights to the level of his opponent, even going out of his way to make it a challenge for himself (standing with Santos and intentionally fighting the fight DC wanted in their first fight).

Against the 2 guys in the last several years actually considered threats to him he rose to the occasion and went out to prove his superiority by destroying them and winning decisively.

He's been so dominant it's become boring to a guy who craves a challenge and loves competition.

Back