Compare the hype of Conor vs Jones

Jones doesn't have ko power .

Jones failed multiple drug tests for steroids.

Jones doesn't fight outside his weight class.

Its the same reason why Adesenya, Mighty Mouse ,Usman and now suddenly DC all get very little love despite being dominant fighters.

Adesanya is getting a ton of hype, Usman's ratings will definitely improve after that last barn burner and DC mostly get shit on by Jones fans. The way Mighty Mouse was treated was a damn shame though.

People know the answer, but watch everyone dance around it and pretend they don't.

Its the same reason why Adesenya, Mighty Mouse ,Usman and now suddenly DC all get very little love despite being dominant fighters.
Oh god you suck so much. People loved Rampage, Adesanya's increasingly hyped at MW, Jones used to be feted on this boards hell still is in some threads and is called the GOAT by some despite the blatant cheating. You said yourself DC was a very popular fighter and is a popular commentator some people didn't Iike the fact he was chasing Brock over facing Stipe but I'd argue he is still popular just less so. As for MM it's hard to care about someone that stands the height of a child and a tonne of people were thrilled that Usman fucked up Colby and dominated Woodley but he was rightfully criticized before for being a rather dull fighter. You have any fighters you dislike? What nationality are they, oh you clearly are a bigot for not liking that fighter and are racist/sexist insert anything else here because you don't like them. Take a long walk off a short pier.

Last edited:
care to explain why jones is more famous than rumble johnson who brutally ko's guys in the first round?

If Rumble had Jones's W-L record, but with all his wins by 1-2 round KOs he would be at least top3 biggest stars in combar sports. Being undefeated matters a lot, but its difficult to become a global superstar with Jones's fighting style. PED history doesn't help.

I think interest in Jones has generally declined in the last couple of years mainly due to his lack of adversaries/compelling fights that got us interested.

Everyone tuned in to the DC rematch, as we wanted to know what would happen.

I don't think anyone has been "pumped" to watch him fight Smith, Santos, and now Reyes. I've never been in this camp, but I really think if he wants us to be interested again, he needs to move up to HW as there are a lot of intriguing match ups there.

When Conor fought a few weeks ago, there were literally thousands of threads, and they even had to get merged to make it a couple of hundreds.

<{cruzshake}>
Lost all credibility right there.

Jones is cringy in social situations, while Conor is the GOAT in interviews and press conferences.
No matter how good figher you are (Jones) or good looking you are (Rockhold) if you're socially awkward you're behind

Conor has always fought more often than Jones since his UFC debut. 13 MMA fights since April 2013 against 9. All the time Conor spent away or boxing was still less than Jones' PED suspensions.
Wow, interesting point, wasn't aware of that.

On topic:
I think it's because Conor started as a nobody, won a shit ton, then lost and came back to win some more. People like these kinda stories. Also, apart from the Khabib fight, he never cheated.

Jon just keeps winning while mostly playing safe these days. It's like you KNOW he's gonna win - why watch at all? There's no intrigue. Also, the PEDs, the pokes, the DUI and the drugs make him unlikable. Harder to relate to than Conor due to his amazing physical gifts and talents. Jon is playing the game on EASY MODE.

Conor is a fuck up, too. Outside of the cage.

I don't think Jones has had a fight canceled. Is it really Jones being suspect of using ped's that leads him to be not as marketable?
UFC 200

Oh god you suck so much. People loved Rampage, Adesanya's increasingly hyped at MW, Jones used to be feted on this boards hell still is in some threads and is called the GOAT by some despite the blatant cheating. You said yourself DC was a very popular fighter and is a popular commentator some people didn't Iike the fact he was chasing Brock over facing Stipe but I'd argue he is still popular just less so. As for MM it's hard to care about someone that stands the height of a child and a tonne of people were thrilled that Usman fucked up Colby and dominated Woodley but he was rightfully criticized before for being a rather dull fighter. You have any fighters you dislike? What nationality are they, oh you clearly are a bigot for not liking that fighter and are racist/sexist insert anything else here because you don't like them. Take a long walk off a short pier.

Ah yes, the quintessential " DERP RACISM DOESNT EXIST!" narrative, brought to you by Trump's finest.

People loved Rampage because Rampage acted like an uneducated inarticulate brute. The same reason why they like Derrick Lewis. We've been over this before.... articulate intelligent black guys, ala Usman, Adesenya, Mighty Mouse, Jones, DC, get very little love from a huge portion of the UFC's fanbase.

- DC is a guy who's a pudgy 5'9 LHW, who smashed HW's his entire career, and up until recently , had only lost to the GOAT. All of this while approaching 40 yrs old. If he was a white guy, people would be talking about how he was one of the GOATs. But because he's a black guy, every day people on here try to diminish his achievements and act like he wasn't that good.

- Usman is no different than GSP....a dominant wrestler who gets guys on their back and controls them an entire fight. Both guys have a boring fight style and have had majority decision wins. But 1 of those 2 his revered as one of the best fighters ever, while the other is consistently belittled on here as boring and unwatchable, even WITH his last win being a KO. You see the difference?

- Adesenya is another great example. Here's a guy who finishes fights in spectacular fashion, with a KO win over one of MW's toughest fighters, yet hate is rampant on here for him. They cant use the steroid excuse like they do with Jones, and they cant use the "he's boring" excuse like they do with Usman, so instead now come with a new excuse...."he's corny" LOL like wtf does that even mean? It means people are desperately searching for a reason to hate him. Just imagine if a guy with Adesenya's record and dominance was White....

- You guys love to use the size excuse to justify the hate that MM always got on here, but TJ Dillashaw was only 10 lbs heavier and he was getting nothing but love on this site, with some people trying to paint him as a future GOAT. The Mighty Mouse thing was an absolute fucking travesty...... here's a guy who keeps his nose clean, doesnt get into any trouble outside of the cage, dominates his weightclass, and whose fight finish ratio is as good as guys 50 lbs heavier than him..... yet people STILL hated him and made fun of him every chance they got. Now just imagine if MM was a white guy, like Dillashaw...

- Jones....lets not even go there. The guy's record speaks for itself. NEVER lost a fight in the octagon, NEVER even been rocked. NOONE has done that before in the history of MMA. Clearly the GOAT fighter for any objective person, but because he's black, excuses fly about him. Steriods ( as if almost every other fighter in the UFC isnt on a performance enhancer), physical advantages ( we see how well reach and height advantage worked for Struve DERP), literally any excuse they can use because they don't want to admit that a black guy is one of the greatest fighters we've seen. AND don't even bring up the arrest thing, because people were hating on him here LOOONG before any of that happened. I'm a Sherdog OG, and I was here back when people were hating on him after he helped a mugging victim in a park.

Conor Mcgregor - Here's a guy who has proven himself over and over again to be a shit human being....beats on his fans, assaults old men for not drinking his shit liquor, snorts coke, throws dollies through windows, multiple rape allegations surrounding him.....yet every time he fights, he breaks records. Now Imagine if he was a black guy? How would those same "fans" be reacting to his quality of character?

You asked you my favorite fighters were.... Bisping and Overeem, and you'll know that if you've seen any of my previous posts. I love both guys because I admire how they overcome adversity beyond all odds to acheive their goals, and I couldnt give less of a fuck about their skin color. I don't care for Jones or Conor, both appear to be low quality human beings. But Jones although not one of my favorite fighters, is the best fighter I've ever seen step into that octagon. People can like who they want to like. But when who you like is affected by skin color, and not what kind of person they are and the skills they have, that's an indication of a pretty shitty human being.

Last edited:
When Conor fought a few weeks ago, there were literally thousands of threads, and they even had to get merged to make it a couple of hundreds.

Now we have Jones fighting, and there are a few threads, sure - but it isn't even remotely comparable.

Yet Jones is (everyone would probably aggree here) far closer to being a GOAT.

Why is that? Jones has never lost, should be a superhero - not least compared to McGregor who's lost a few times. They also share the notion of being perceived as a "bad guy", and they have both had to deal with a fair deal of wrongdoings outside of the Octagon.

Jones should be AT LEAST as popular as Conor. Why isn't he?

cause jones is a boring point fighting decision machine, at least lately....conor is a destroyer...gets guys out of there in a hurry.

Theres not much marketing thrown behind him because hes a fuck up and the card could easily be off tomorrow if we went by his shit track record. Plus he's more workman like in his approach to fighting these days and has lost the flash that made him must see in his young days

He fights not to lose, instead of fighting to win...which has made his fights almost unbearable to watch...so incredibly boring. his fight against santos, had me swearing to never watch him fight again.

Insightful. Also, Jones has fought very often recently - whereas a McGregor fight this day is a rare event - and mostly fought opponents with no hype or even much name recognition (like Cerrone).
Cowboy has no name recognition? Only if you are a Conner Fanboy that doesnt care about MMA.

because there are millions more 16-21 year old pro wrestling fans than there are MMA fans.

giphy.gif

His last 8 fights have been 6 decisions and 2 KOs with one of those overturned due to cheating.

Conor doesn't do decisions. Kill or be killed.

Jones fights are hard to get excited for because he's not fighting anyone that's a threat

Conor is a fuck up, too. Outside of the cage.

I don't think Jones has had a fight canceled. Is it really Jones being suspect of using ped's that leads him to be not as marketable?
He had a fight against Hendo cancelled because he refused to fight Chael as a replacement.
The fight beeing cancelled lead to the cancelation of the whole event

He had 7 fights cancelled in the ufc

people dont accept greatness of jones because of his drug test fails

Back