Compare the hype of Conor vs Jones

Because Jones tested positive for steroids a number of times, hit a pregnant woman driving and left the scene of the accident. That doesn't make you popular.

Yes, because Rumble's run of high profile KOs actually lasted only two years and then he retired.
so thats it? how many years did conor fought in the ufc before he got very famous? ur answer is obviously invalid.. pick another one

What? He's the reason a whole card was cancelled for the first time ever because he didn't want to fight fucking Chael as a late replacement. He had the fight against Rumble cancelled because of his hit and run, the UFC 200 against Cormier cancelled because of his drug test and the UFC 178 against Cormier cancelled because of a torn meniscus.

I mean on short notice. It's hardly the reason to not talk about Jones that he's gonna pull out. It really isn't. If anything, it would be the opposite: Is Jones gonna pull out?

Edit: Wtf did I mean by that? I must have been more drunk than I thought I was.

Last edited:
Skill level, fighting style, competition standard, manner of victory...I think all that matters too.

LHW is a shallow division. Jones beats less dangerous people fighting defensively. Conor, despite being more defensively sound than Jones, still fights like most aggressive fighter alive against better, way more skilled opposition.

Bones is pretty boring outside the cage imo. Not much to follow or see when he´s not fighting.

<{hughesimpress}> Can't speak for anyone else I'm more hyped for Jones than the predictable outcome that was McGregor/Cerrone and the lack of Sherdog threads about the event don't make me any less hyped. I actually find it a blessing that Jones don't appeal to the casuals I would hate to be associated with the Conor like nut huggery fandom that surrounds that man.

well everyone expect jon to win with conor ppl dont know what to expect. u cant be hyped if u think u know the outcome.

so thats it? how many years did conor fought in the ufc before he got very famous? ur answer is obviously invalid.. pick another one

Conor was the perfect storm of charisma, trash talk and results in the cage. No one else has millions watching the press conferences to see what he's gonna do next.

His ability to market himself like he has led go him becoming the biggest PPV draw since Tyson and Mayweather.

There are people who legitimately resent Jones ( like me), but you won't find any for Conor.

Jones should be AT LEAST as popular as Conor. Why isn't he?
there is nothing spectacular or of interest about this fight it's a title defense one of jones many many title defenses. theres nothing special or significant about it. when conor fought cerrone, he was coming off a 3 year lay off and there were a lot of questions to ask about him, competitively as a fighter. is his heart still in it? where does he go from here? ect.

With jones now his fights have become mundane, but there are a lot more jones threads when hes doing things like crashing his car, popping for peds, returning from long lay offs. Im sure if jones, I dont know, moved up to HW there would be more to talk about.

Last edited:
Conor = fights people with no training camps or paid to lose. Fans are the single most obnoxious and uninformed in the sport

Jones = fights on the juice and it's not even secret any more. Fans don't care if he cheats, they cling to a winner and use it to make themselves feel better in a very odd way

Hype = WWE for both.

Conor was the perfect storm of charisma, trash talk and results in the cage. No one else has millions watching the press conferences to see what he's gonna do next.

His ability to market himself like he has led go him becoming the biggest PPV draw since Tyson and Mayweather.
i know this is the answer.. am just quoting a guy here that said he became more popular than jones because he k'os everyone he fights

so why cant rumble be more popular..

Conor is a fuck up, too. Outside of the cage.

I don't think Jones has had a fight canceled. Is it really Jones being suspect of using ped's that leads him to be not as marketable?
Really? Not had a fight cancelled.

To be fair, a week before Conor fought there were threads asking where the promotion was and why wasn't anyone talking about his return. I imagine Jones buzz will pick up next week.

When Conor fought a few weeks ago, there were literally thousands of threads, and they even had to get merged to make it a couple of hundreds.

Now we have Jones fighting, and there are a few threads, sure - but it isn't even remotely comparable.

Yet Jones is (everyone would probably aggree here) far closer to being a GOAT.

Why is that? Jones has never lost, should be a superhero - not least compared to McGregor who's lost a few times. They also share the notion of being perceived as a "bad guy", and they have both had to deal with a fair deal of wrongdoings outside of the Octagon.

Jones should be AT LEAST as popular as Conor. Why isn't he?
because we do not care about jones. he is a cheat.

plus, he would have been more popular if he would take some heavyweight fights. but he is playing safe. thats why he is not popular

When Jones returned from suspension his sales were better than they've ever been so his scandals certainly didn't set him back. He did over 600k against Anthony Smith. During his initial run his fights with Glover and Gus did around 350k.

We won't know the figures for the Santos or Reyes numbers but it sure seems the buzz on him has died down. Maybe it's the perception he's just doing enough to ensure a win or it could be the LHW division being seen as flat. I was actually surprised the fight is only next weekend. I guess it may also have just been overshadowed by Conor's comeback.

Jones is real, no need to hype him

Back