Compare the hype of Conor vs Jones

Connor is an entertainer than a fighter.

He fought Floydd Mayweather in a setup and lost to an unranked Nate Diaz

Are u really asking this?

people desperately pray for conor to win. people desperately pray for jones to lose.

Conor is a fuck up, too. Outside of the cage.

I don't think Jones has had a fight canceled. Is it really Jones being suspect of using ped's that leads him to be not as marketable?

You really don't remember why DC ended up having to fight Silva? lol.

Lol, it's far from " unprecedented ". BJ Penn did it. Aldo tried to do it, Anderson tried to do it against Shogun.

The only part that was " unprecedented " was the UFC letting him do it despite him having only fought 3 of the top 10 guys in his division unlike Anderson and Aldo who where proven champions without having to vacate the belt first which they would have had too.

I guess it was also "unprecedented" the UFC was nice enough to wait till a week after the Alverez fight to strip him of the title he refused to defend (Conor being so active being one of the reasons given to explain the obvious hypocrisy) so he could have his little "champ champ" moment and pretend to be the first to do something Penn and Couture had done long before him.

For the record not giving Aldo the rematch he promised hurts his legacy, all it proved was he hit harder since both guy's landed exactly 1 punch at the exact same time (with Aldo legitimately throwing an uncharacteristic reckless punch with his eyes closed and lunging in extended well over his center of gravity).

Imagine if JDS never gave Cain a rematch? Conor should have wanted to prove that wasn't an anomaly and he was a superior fighter to Aldo but for obvious reasons he chose not too because that "13 seconds" narrative is his most important moment and a rematch was way to high a risk.

As for Alverez I did expect Conor to win and his performance deserves praise but Eddie should have never had that belt to begin with since Khabib and Tony were clearly ahead of him and nobody considered him the true #1 LW at the time.

"LOL"...if Aldo wanted a rematch so bad then why didnt he step in when offered when RDA pulled out? How is the 13 seconds an anomaly when HE FUCKING PREDICTED THE EXACT WAY HE WOULD BEAT HIM!?!?

Claiming Aldo & Anderson wanted to fight the guy above is so unrtue its hilarious. Fans begged them to step for years but they wouldnt. Same with GSP & Jones. And imagine pretending its Dana White thats stopping them doing so. Even u dont truly believe that. If he allowed BJ Penn & McGregor, why wouldnt he allow them? Aldo has been killing himself for years to stay at 145. He's looked seriously unwell on the scales numerous times . Funny how Anderson had no problem fighting Stephan Bonnar at LHW but couldnt fight Jones. Pathetic.

Back to the original point & your reference that McGregor's popularity has nothing to do with his fights;

- Sonnen was never a big star, he was fighting on free TV once Anderson got done with him
- Would Masvidal have so much steam if he'd decisioned Askren & Diaz? Why is he getting a title shot before Leon Edwards who's won 8 straight?
- Why is Mike Tyson a bigger star than Klitschko or Lennox Lewis - who destroyed him? Tyson never really beat anybody after all.

Hell, even Mayweather worked out that just winning isnt enough. It wasn't until he became "Money Mayweather" & stepped up to fight the likes of Oscar de La Hoya that he really became a megastar. This is entertainment, after all. If everybody fought like Michael Chiesa, there'd be nobody watching

"LOL"...if Aldo wanted a rematch so bad then why didnt he step in when offered when RDA pulled out? How is the 13 seconds an anomaly when HE FUCKING PREDICTED THE EXACT WAY HE WOULD BEAT HIM!?!?

Claiming Aldo & Anderson wanted to fight the guy above is so unrtue its hilarious. Fans begged them to step for years but they wouldnt. Same with GSP & Jones. And imagine pretending its Dana White thats stopping them doing so. Even u dont truly believe that. If he allowed BJ Penn & McGregor, why wouldnt he allow them? Aldo has been killing himself for years to stay at 145. He's looked seriously unwell on the scales numerous times . Funny how Anderson had no problem fighting Stephan Bonnar at LHW but couldnt fight Jones. Pathetic.

Back to the original point & your reference that McGregor's popularity has nothing to do with his fights;

- Sonnen was never a big star, he was fighting on free TV once Anderson got done with him
- Would Masvidal have so much steam if he'd decisioned Askren & Diaz? Why is he getting a title shot before Leon Edwards who's won 8 straight?
- Why is Mike Tyson a bigger star than Klitschko or Lennox Lewis - who destroyed him? Tyson never really beat anybody after all.

Hell, even Mayweather worked out that just winning isnt enough. It wasn't until he became "Money Mayweather" & stepped up to fight the likes of Oscar de La Hoya that he really became a megastar. This is entertainment, after all. If everybody fought like Michael Chiesa, there'd be nobody watching
Lol, after Anderson Chael fought 3 more times in the UFC, 2 on PPV and one on a fight night card also featuring Overeem, Faber and some other dude whose name I can't recall who the UFC gave a black out entrance for in the prelim co-main event slot that wasn't even on TV against some Holloway dude coming off a loss......

As for Aldo and Silva being told they would have to vacate to fight for the title above is pretty common knowledge and not difficult to confirm. BJ was allowed because he was the consensus LW GOAT at the time who had already fought the consensus WW GOAT to a competitive decision loss and had also previously won the WW belt before throwing it in the garbage and leaving the UFC, it was the first and only true Champion vs Champion Super fight to take place.

As for why they let a guy who hadn't even proven to be the best in his own division move up to face another unproven champion while attempting to call it a "Superfight" though, your guess is as good as mine.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Aldo didn't "step up" because he was still serving a medical suspension when it was offered that, unless these "medical suspensions" mean nothing to the commission DRs. When it comes to the UFC turning a profit would have made the fight unsanctionable, that and the fact it would have been in a different weight class on 10 days notice with no way to get his belt back by taking it.

Why do you figure they offered this fight too Aldo on a medical suspension, Edgar as he was sitting in an operating room about to under go surgery and ultimately Diaz as he was shooting tequila in Mexico instead of accepting 1 of the multiple offers to step in from guys like Pettis and Cowboy who had been training in case of this exact situation? They did it so they could claim Jose and Frankie "ducked him" while painting the final least prepared option as a hero claiming he was the only 1 with "the balls to step up" knowing the fans are gullible enough to eat this bullshit narrative up bringing us full circle and tying back into my original point of them doing the same thing with the "Because of Jon Jones UFC 151 has been cancelled so take it up with him and not the promoter who put this piece of shit together with no contingency plan in the case another big fight falls threw in a year already filled with big fights falling threw, not our fault guys, Jon did it!!" Lol.

Ah yes, the quintessential " DERP RACISM DOESNT EXIST!" narrative, brought to you by Trump's finest.

People loved Rampage because Rampage acted like an uneducated inarticulate brute. The same reason why they like Derrick Lewis. We've been over this before.... articulate intelligent black guys, ala Usman, Adesenya, Mighty Mouse, Jones, DC, get very little love from a huge portion of the UFC's fanbase.

- DC is a guy who's a pudgy 5'9 LHW, who smashed HW's his entire career, and up until recently , had only lost to the GOAT. All of this while approaching 40 yrs old. If he was a white guy, people would be talking about how he was one of the GOATs. But because he's a black guy, every day people on here try to diminish his achievements and act like he wasn't that good.

- Usman is no different than GSP....a dominant wrestler who gets guys on their back and controls them an entire fight. Both guys have a boring fight style and have had majority decision wins. But 1 of those 2 his revered as one of the best fighters ever, while the other is consistently belittled on here as boring and unwatchable, even WITH his last win being a KO. You see the difference?

- Adesenya is another great example. Here's a guy who finishes fights in spectacular fashion, with a KO win over one of MW's toughest fighters, yet hate is rampant on here for him. They cant use the steroid excuse like they do with Jones, and they cant use the "he's boring" excuse like they do with Usman, so instead now come with a new excuse...."he's corny" LOL like wtf does that even mean? It means people are desperately searching for a reason to hate him. Just imagine if a guy with Adesenya's record and dominance was White....

- You guys love to use the size excuse to justify the hate that MM always got on here, but TJ Dillashaw was only 10 lbs heavier and he was getting nothing but love on this site, with some people trying to paint him as a future GOAT. The Mighty Mouse thing was an absolute fucking travesty...... here's a guy who keeps his nose clean, doesnt get into any trouble outside of the cage, dominates his weightclass, and whose fight finish ratio is as good as guys 50 lbs heavier than him..... yet people STILL hated him and made fun of him every chance they got. Now just imagine if MM was a white guy, like Dillashaw...

- Jones....lets not even go there. The guy's record speaks for itself. NEVER lost a fight in the octagon, NEVER even been rocked. NOONE has done that before in the history of MMA. Clearly the GOAT fighter for any objective person, but because he's black, excuses fly about him. Steriods ( as if almost every other fighter in the UFC isnt on a performance enhancer), physical advantages ( we see how well reach and height advantage worked for Struve DERP), literally any excuse they can use because they don't want to admit that a black guy is one of the greatest fighters we've seen. AND don't even bring up the arrest thing, because people were hating on him here LOOONG before any of that happened. I'm a Sherdog OG, and I was here back when people were hating on him after he helped a mugging victim in a park.

Conor Mcgregor - Here's a guy who has proven himself over and over again to be a shit human being....beats on his fans, assaults old men for not drinking his shit liquor, snorts coke, throws dollies through windows, multiple rape allegations surrounding him.....yet every time he fights, he breaks records. Now Imagine if he was a black guy? How would those same "fans" be reacting to his quality of character?

You asked you my favorite fighters were.... Bisping and Overeem, and you'll know that if you've seen any of my previous posts. I love both guys because I admire how they overcome adversity beyond all odds to acheive their goals, and I couldnt give less of a fuck about their skin color. I don't care for Jones or Conor, both appear to be low quality human beings. But Jones although not one of my favorite fighters, is the best fighter I've ever seen step into that octagon. People can like who they want to like. But when who you like is affected by skin color, and not what kind of person they are and the skills they have, that's am indication of a pretty shitty human being.
FACTS.

Its pretty obvious these Shertard MMA bums hold black fighters to higher and double standards.

Conor is far more popular but comparing his last fight hype vs Jones is a bad example. Conor had a long layoff and controversy that made people tune in. Cerrone is fairly popular as well. Dom is not. Nuff said

Conor is known as a finisher that goes for blood as soon as the fight starts. He's never had a boring performance and he has WWE levels of charisma to captivate the audience, fans and haters alike. Jones on the other hand is the more methodical safer fighter who's never really been truly challenged, so usually it's a foregone conclusion that he'll win, similar to Mighty Mouse. Conor also has alot of great matchups in his own weight class to look forward to, each of them being extremely tough/dangerous fights, Jones doesn't. No one at LHW really has much of a chance, thus not a whole lot to look forward to.

Because he doesnt knock guys out. McGregors hype would barely exist if his win/loss record remained the same but he won by decision instead
This is probably pretty accurate. Jonny Bones is an amazing fighter but not a devastating puncher. He has had some good finishes but he’s put together a lot of decision wins as well. Conor has some incredible KO/TKOs that have been very memorable.
The other thing holding Jon back in the end is that his bad side has included being a steroid cheat which directly impacts the sport and calls to question his greatness. Just like with Anderson we’re all left wondering if he’d be as good without the PEDs and just when did he start using them?

This thing called super bowl is tomorrow. Espn/ufc will go full blast with promotions Tuesday

Ones hype is feuled by pulsing new fans and ones by ones by pulsing roids. I prefer the first one

And I'd add to that, Jones beat many fan favorites back to back to back, had to have contributed to things
Can't deny, I hate his guts for dropping Machida like a sack of garbage... :(

This, people prefer a fast and brutal destruction than Jones' methodical and safer approach. Also popularity in sports isn't all about stats and results, or we would just blindly follow bullshit like FightMatrix and always agree on rankings. That would suck and be extremely boring.

Yet pound 4 pound Jones is just about the most lethal man on planet MMA.

Wether as a hater or a fan Conor engages the people watching him. And he embraces his flaws and people respond to that.

Jones is a uptight hypocrite who has a proven record of being a two faced lying snitch.

And a proven roider. He also has shown a complete lack of self awareness and he does not give a shit about fans etc.

He is a scummy fighter and a shit person prete ding to be a good person.

Fuck him

Conor Bless

Because he doesnt knock guys out. McGregors hype would barely exist if his win/loss record remained the same but he won by decision instead
This. So much this. It's very important how you win.

Finishes buy fans. That's why guys like Justin and Cerrone are so famous while fighters who are better than them not so much. People want to see finishes.

Can't deny, I hate his guts for dropping Machida like a sack of garbage... :(

Bro I watched that fight in a pub in Vanuatu while playing poker with a bunch of foreign legion soliders on leave. And every single one of us was fucking Angry at Jones for that BS.

Yet pound 4 pound Jones is just about the most lethal man on planet MMA.

Hahahahahahahahaha no he isnt he cant even fight without eye pokes or shoving needles of roids in his ass.

Back