Chris Weidman's pain management

He mentioned the verbal tapout himself, I didn't make it up. Here's a timestamp:

A broken leg ends the fight. You can’t quit from a broken leg.

Muscle tears are very painful. I broke my hand twice from punching someone both times and those were not as bad as torn muscle. I have had charlie horses the size of a golf ball that were probably the most intense pain I ever felt...hehe had one at an aid station in a marathon and this lady freaked out, she thought it was bone trying to poke thru the skin but a massage guy happened to be there and he packed ice on it and got me back in the race...finished those last 5 miles in fear it would return.....
tenor.gif

Big John said Masvidal being ko'd was worse.

<36>

Ludicrous tot he n-th degree. I'd rather be KOd like Askren (speaking of Masvidal) than go through such a horrific leg break. And I think I speak like 100% of the userbase, unless there are posters among us with both legs amputated.

Last edited:

Naaah...a really tuff guy would crawl using his tongue and even choke out his opponent with it ("Sherdog fact-checked certified truth" TM).

It's not about what ends the fight but wether the fighter has any quit in him. You claimed he has 0 quit.

Even if you don't want to count the Hall fight, he blatantly quit against Mousasi disgracing himself and the sport if you want to really get into it.

It's not about what ends the fight but wether the fighter has any quit in him. You claimed he has 0 quit.

Let me understand. You guys are debating absolutes, aka whether people are able to act like the rare APBTs, still scratching and willing to drag their broken feet across the pit, guts hanging out, to get to their opponent? Is that 0 quit, or is it when you, as a human, apply logic and realize you can't win a fight with such an incapacitating injury - unless you're allowed to bite ears like Tyson, and not unlike said dogs? Is it when your motivation is money/glory (whatever), or prying your child out of a rapist's hands?

Some old dogmen used to say that you can make any dog quit under the right circumstances. I don't know...but if that's true, then there's nothing under the sun having 0 quit in it.

To me, the discussion seems an exercise in futility but you guys do you.

FWIW, I've at most possibly been around such dogs; never owned one, haven't even watched tape of such events, even in places and times where live participation was legal. I love dogs and don't think I would've had the stomach for it. But certainly knew people that have stopped matching them (under the cajun rules, with all the proper upkeep and ability to practically bring them back from the death's door...loving their dogs in their twisted way...never treating them with cruelty for cruelty's sake, on the contrary...), who fed maybe one or two of this caliber in their "career".

Last edited:
Let me understand. You guys are debating absolutes, aka whether people are able to act like the rare APBTs, still scratching and willing to drag their broken feet across the pit, guts hanging out, to get to their opponent? Is that 0 quit, or is it when you, as a human, apply logic and realize you can't win a fight with such an incapacitating injury - unless you're allowed to bite ears like Tyson, and not unlike said dogs? Is it when your motivation is money/glory (whatever), or prying your child out of a rapist's hands?

Some old dogmen used to say that you can make any dog quit under the right circumstances. I don't know...but if that's true, then there's nothing under the sun having 0 quit in it.

To me, the discussion seems an exercise in futility but you guys do you.

FWIW, I've at most possibly been around such dogs; never owned one, haven't even watched tape of such events, even in places and times where live participation was legal. I love dogs and don't think I would've had the stomach for it. But certainly knew people that have stopped matching them (under the cajun rules, with all the proper upkeep and ability to practically bring them back from the death's door...loving their dogs in their twisted way...never treating them with cruelty for cruelty's sake, on the contrary...), who fed maybe one or two of this caliber in their "career".

I guess Weidman's no pitbull but more like a broken legged horse.

Or perhaps a Wolf considering all the crying/howling he's doing at night nowadays.

Chris Weidman is in a severe amount of extreme pain, agony and humiliation. He still has zero feeling in his foot and there's a small chance he could still lose it.

This isn't even mentioning the psychological effects. Even in this interview he's randomly crying and becoming emotional and humiliating himself more.

How’s he humiliating himself?

The worst I could think of is the leg break. Weidman definitely endured all kinds of pain and even he thinks the leg break is just on a whole other level.

Back