Chris Weidman's pain management

TheBulge

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

I got one question for Weidman on his pain medication. How does that medicine taste: Your-Own-Flavored?

No I kid, that was not the question or premise of this thread. Lets get into it. Weidman said that out of the many surgeries he's had(bragging about 23 or whatever number he was bragging(when he's not busy bragging about snapping legs that aren't his own with checks)) and that this leg breakage is worse than anything he's ever felt and that he's been crying uncontrollably from sheer pain.

It makes me wonder, is there a worse painful injury than this in MMA? I've heard horror stories from severely dislocated shoulders too, or a skull fracture like Cyborg had.

How about shoving someones head up their ass breaking their spine and killing them

That's the shit I would do if I was a pro fighter

Isn't that specific technique called "The Destruction" or am I confusing it with a different one?

I think it all depends on the severity or how it breaks.

I don’t know if you can put specific breaks into a pain category. I mean someone can break their tibia, but if it’s a clean break, or if it’s a spiral or compound fracture, could mean the difference between pain and agony.

2fe76ce915282954823b65719a5d2645.gif

and the super necessaries were there too !!

I think it all depends on the severity or how it breaks.

I don’t know if you can put specific breaks into a pain category. I mean someone can break their tibia, but if it’s a clean break, or if it’s a spiral or compound fracture, could mean the difference between pain and agony.

Chris Weidman is in a severe amount of extreme pain, agony and humiliation. He still has zero feeling in his foot and there's a small chance he could still lose it.

This isn't even mentioning the psychological effects. Even in this interview he's randomly crying and becoming emotional and humiliating himself more.

Weidman was already back in action the other day against Usmans brother.

i saw his mental state. saw 20 something surgeries. saw increased pain and lack of emotional control.

how does he not have a pain killer addiction. i know some people who have maybe 4 surgeries over 2 years. each time they got a fat bottle of pain killers. they ended up with serious addiction and needed help quitting.

i think it shows a few things. hes as tough as they come - 0 quit in him. his mind wants to do what his body no longer can. I 100% believe he can beat izzy on a goodnight still. but i also think this sport has taken its toll and to continue to roll the dice could end the story in a very sad way. chris is already set to be crippled from pain by the time hes 50. growing old is really hard when you have the track record of issues chris has had and he only keeps adding to it.

Chris Weidman is in a severe amount of extreme pain, agony and humiliation. He still has zero feeling in his foot and there's a small chance he could still lose it.

This isn't even mentioning the psychological effects. Even in this interview he's randomly crying and becoming emotional and humiliating himself more.
Jokes aside that is a terrible injury to have. I hope he gets better and his leg heals fast with no problems and he can get back to competition.

Weidman is as tough as they come. I just wish he would take this as a sign that he needs to transition into the next stage of his life, and use this time to figure that out instead of trying to fight again.

Needs to hang out with the Diaz brothers and get some real pain management.

Big John said Masvidal being ko'd was worse.

<36>
LOL This is why I would like Bellator to switch him out of commentary and replace commentary staff to more knowledgeable in terms of fighting and not and the rules. Plus add people with more colorful personalities. Other commentary has people to hype up the mood, UFC all commentary hype up the mood of the fight. Bellator feels like people reading off a paper with no emotions during the fight. It wasn't as bad before with a live crowd so the crowd helped with the bland commentary. But with no crowd it becomes too obvious. Some people don't like commentary getting excited during the fights, but to me it adds to the excitement level of the fight. That's how people are when you are watching fights live.

and that this leg breakage is worse than anything he's ever felt and that he's been crying uncontrollably from sheer pain.
This is up to his medical team / physician in charge to administer the appropriate analgesics for that injury.
There's morphine (intra muscular / or IV) but I'd say he is for sure past that point. Strong tablet analgesia would be prescribed and all he'd have to do is call his doctor and i'm sure his doctor would come running.

Post orthopedic surgery pain management is nothing new, there's standard oral or IM or IV analgesia for that.
Been there and done that myself, more than once.

I have to say....immediately following a dramatic bone-breaking accident.... Nitrous Oxide (inhaled) is really very very effective as a 1st response. - That shit works, trust me. It works well enough to calm you down and get you to the hospital and get Intra-venous morphine from a trauma physician. Paramedics generally are not allowed to administer IV morphine. Probably varies by country though.

in case anyone is interested in the use of Nitrous Oxide in immediate substantial physical trauma (talking multiple broken bones, car wrecks etc) here's an article :
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6162929/

Last edited:
Back