Chances Izzy gets stiffened again?

Who knows. Both these guys look better every fight, we don’t know how they’ll look on fight night.

Either way, we’re in for a treat.

Jan is not Alex. Izzy will fight smart and get a late TKO or a close UD.

I'm learning towards izzy getting a close UD; but I'm hoping Jan can pull off an upset (he has the power to do it if he can land).

Okay, since no one else will say it

tree fiddy

Reasonably high chances it’s a combat sport

I think Jan is going to really look to chop down Izzys legs and body. If he's successful, then that will set up big power punches.

Call me crazy, but I think this is Jan's fight to lose. He has KO power that Izzy won't take lightly (I imagine him fighting very cautiously), but more importantly, Jan can grapple and submit, and does so in kind of weird, unorthodox ways that really showcase his strength: something Izzy really hasn't come even remotely close to experiencing in a fight. So if it stays standing, I see Izzy winning, although of course Jan could catch him. If it goes to the ground/Izzy can't keep it standing, I don't really see a way for Izzy to win.
Haha, the BIG **if** here is whether or not Jan will rely too much on his Legendary Polish Power, and throw his fight IQ out the window. If he does that, it's pretty much a lock for Izzy.
I'll be excited regardless, but would honestly prefer Izzy to *not* simultaneously hold up two divisions after being gifted an immediate title shot without proving himself first (at all) in the division.
I’m in agreement in the terms of... if a size and power disadvantage would be trumped by speed and movement, then competition would’ve figured this out along time ago and made said adjustments. So in that regard I think Izzy is underestimating the disadvantage he’ll be at, and has overestimated his ability to keep the fight standing and off of the cage without getting gassed in the process, if that makes sense. Not to say Jan can’t stop Adesanya standing, but were he to KO Izzy I’m guessing it would be a combination of Adesanya’s movement being mitigated due to leg kicks, or gassing and Jan getting a finish on an exhausted foe.

Last edited:
Izzy will, like Conman did, be DEFENDING TWO TITLE IN DIFFERENT DIVISIONS. Sorry, but that's cut-and-dry: if he wins each of those divisions will have less frequent defenses, giving the fighters in both divisions fewer/less frequent chances to prove themselves against the champ. That answers your question.

Regarding Glover, amen brother. The man has paid his dues (again and again) and is at his career's end yet looking good again. Give him a last title shot!

Also, as I mentioned above, I'd be fine with Izzy, who has indeed cleared out the majority of his division, taking a top 5 or 10 fight in LHW first, and proving he belongs. Instead he's jumping a line of contenders that we actually have no idea how he'd look against. Haha, let him fight Glover first, see how he like grappling a heavy 205er with heavy hands. If he smokes him, then he's got a case.

The difference between Izzy and Conor is that Israel is the real deal and truly is that elite combat sports athlete.

He actually did defend his strap against the toughest guys available, he actually did compete quite successfully against the elite of another combat sport.

Conor ushered in the champ champ era, and that is the world we live in now.

The only potential victim here that i see is Glover, but we don’t know how that will play out, Izzy could give him his shot or he could vacate .... or he could get beaten by Jan and this all becomes irrelevant.

Izzy has won 5 fights in in 366 days in the UFC (2x partially overlapping) and he has been as active of a champ as we have seen. If anything were to hold things up I would suspect the UFC more likely to drag things out than Izzy, the dude fights often.

I think Izzy is usually stiff in there...

chances you made this thread because youre still upset about israel toying with anderson and feel extremely threatened? 100 %

Jan went to a split decision with Jacare 2 fights ago. Out of his 3 recent KOs that catapulted him into a power puncher, 2 of them have glass jaws (Rockhold and Anderson), and the other one has no top victories of his own (Reyes).

The difference between Izzy and Conor is that Israel is the real deal and truly is that elite combat sports athlete.

He actually did defend his strap against the toughest guys available, he actually did compete quite successfully against the elite of another combat sport.

Conor ushered in the champ champ era, and that is the world we live in now.

The only potential victim here that i see is Glover, but we don’t know how that will play out, Izzy could give him his shot or he could vacate .... or he could get beaten by Jan and this all becomes irrelevant.

Izzy has won 5 fights in in 366 days in the UFC (2x partially overlapping) and he has been as active of a champ as we have seen. If anything were to hold things up I would suspect the UFC more likely to drag things out than Izzy, the dude fights often.

All good points. And btw, I'm not making this personal about Izzy, he's a champ's champ right now, defending frequently and against all-comers. So him going up to LHW like A Silva did, just to work his way up and show that he can do both shouldn't be too much to ask for. And again, if he won a couple at LHW, then all signs point towards he deserves a title shot, and admit it, that build-up would make it a WAY more epic and hyped fight: the champ from below comes up a class and starts smashing his way up the ladder to the champ. Like I keep saying, they're cheapening the belt, cutting guys who have paid their dues in line, and going for a short-sighted money-grab.

If Jan is smart, he just uses his size and grappling skills to tool Izzy on the mat and call it a night and hit the bars early.

People underestimate how good Izzy's striking resume is. Jan is nowhere near his level of technical striking.
However, Jan is a blackbelt in BJJ and more TST than Izzy at 205.

It's an interesting fight but the chance of Jan winning the standup is very low, even with the power. He knows he has to clinch to have a chance.

As good as Izzy's striking is, that doesn't mean he's going to be able to just dominate Jan. I mean, Gastelum isn't the greatest striker ever and he did a lot of damage to Izzy in a mostly stand up fight where it was 2-2 going into the 5th.

I’m in agreement in the terms of... if a size and power disadvantage would be trumped by speed and movement, then competition would’ve figured this out along time ago and made said adjustments. So in that regard I think Izzy is underestimating the disadvantage he’ll be at, and has overestimated his ability to keep the fight standing and off of the cage without getting gassed in the process, if that makes sense. Not to say Jan can’t stop Adesanya standing, but were he to KO Izzy I’m guessing it would be a combination of Adesanya’s movement being mitigated due to leg kicks, or gassing and Jan getting a finish on an exhausted foe.
Really well-put.

"if a size and power disadvantage would be trumped by speed and movement, then competition would’ve figured this out along time ago and made said adjustments"

So so true. I guess the question is, is Izzy the exception? And that doesn't seem likely. Also, and not to bash The Polish Power (may his reign be lengthy), but Jan isn't/wasn't any John Jones. Jan has a spotty fight history and this will be his first defense. So this isn't even that great a test of whether or not the trade-off you put so well is worth it or not. Izzy vs Jones would have been much more indicative I think, although Jones isn't the average body-type whatsoever of a LHW. Too many variables.....which is why this fight will be exciting! However it goes, I hope it's a barn-burner and that we get to see both guys' potentials. For either of them, getting put away in the first minute would be really degrading to their entire weight-class, which is *another* reason I think champs should have to work their way up a division.

All good points. And btw, I'm not making this personal about Izzy, he's a champ's champ right now, defending frequently and against all-comers. So him going up to LHW like A Silva did, just to work his way up and show that he can do both shouldn't be too much to ask for. And again, if he won a couple at LHW, then all signs point towards he deserves a title shot, and admit it, that build-up would make it a WAY more epic and hyped fight: the champ from below comes up a class and starts smashing his way up the ladder to the champ. Like I keep saying, they're cheapening the belt, cutting guys who have paid their dues in line, and going for a short-sighted money-grab.

I get you, but the UFC in the WME era is very clearly more about money than the traditional honor and purity of the sport, that’s just the way it is.

They aren’t going to risk a superstar taking a loss that hurts their aura by putting a big name high selling champ in a dangerous non title fight.

If Anderson was in his prime in this era he would get an immediate title shot at 205 (or 170) if he wanted it. Honestly he probably could have gotten one during his title run if he wanted it, he just never showed interest in fighting for another belt. I believe he would have beaten most of not all of the LHW champs during his title reign before Jon Jones got the belt.

Rampage 50/50, maybe 60/40 Anderson
but Rampage at that time had not done well again Chute Box guys.
Also if you remember Hendo have Rampage all he could handle and almost took his title, while Anderson put Hendo away in relatively easy fashion.

Forrest - we saw how that went.

Rashad- I would tend to think it goes similar to Rashad vs Machida

Lyoto - that’s a dream fight, but I think Anderson was a better finisher at that point.

Shogun : 70/30 Anderson ... imo

Chances this thread was made by an irate anderson fan? 100% lol

Back