would love to see this fight
ddp in his absolute prime now
he has momentum
i dont think adesanya can hang with ddps aggression
and constant pressure with his wrestling

adesanyas time is over
cant remember him fighting a relentless wrestler in his career
yeah he fough guys like romero that wont wrestle

Except he's on record ducking Jones, as demonstrated above. And let's not forget, when Strickland WHOOPED adesanya's ass, adesanya took his toys and limped home. He's a coward

Bit of a stretch saying he's a coward when he rematched fucking Poatan who is significantly bigger than him and just knocked him out.

The irrational Adesanya hate on this forum is retarded.

Adesanya should get a win first. That embarrassing loss to Strickland doesn't warrant an instant title shot.
Nah, fuck that. Izzy just had a bad night. He's the most decorated middleweight champion in history. He deserves the next shot at the title.

The way DDP was swinging in the first couple of rounds... reminds me of the first Izzy vs Rob fight. Izzy puts him down if DDP fights like that.

izzy is a champion again lol
That's your take ? Izzy couldn't land a glove on sean. His defence is way more questionable than seans and he doesn't have the same ability on the ground. He wouldn't be popping back up that easy like Stickland

Nah, fuck that. Izzy just had a bad night. He's the most decorated middleweight champion in history. He deserves the next shot at the title.

He didn't have a bad night. He just had no answer to Sean's style. He was outclassed badly.

I would argue DDP's takedowns are very similar to Robert Whitakers. Striking and then exploding for TD or duck under a strike and going for double.

Izzy has good defense against those kind of takedown artists because of his length. He's much more susceptible to a clinch style takedown artist like Khabib.
There are similarities but DDP is stronger than Whittaker, as shown when they fought.

Izzy/Poatan was offensive grappling - completely different than stopping TD's.

And Costa and Yoel are, just as, if not stronger than DDP.

Have to take into consideration Adesanya's height and speed advantage too. He's 3 inches taller.

DDP also throws looping punches, whereas Adesanya counters at length. Thus, I feel like DDP will be counterstruck by Adesanya because he tends to overreach a bit.

It all depends on Adesanya's state of mind and confidence level IMO. If he's at his best, he will beat DDP IMO.

DDP has more reach and is more versatile than all the guys you just mentioned. His ability to mix everything up will give izzy problems. When have we seen izzy against a big switch stance kickboxer who can wrestle his ass off and keep a good pace for five rounds?

DDP has more reach and is more versatile than all the guys you just mentioned. His ability to mix everything up will give izzy problems. When have we seen izzy against a big switch stance kickboxer who can wrestle his ass off and keep a good pace for five rounds?
izzy will take his head clean off,same as first whittakers first fight

Back