Media Islam Makhachev: I'm getting out of fights in my division, nothing exciting there. Hoping to get Leon fight with 2 wins.

- 0 LW title defenses against a ranked LW fighter
- has to use exemptions with liters of IV per deleted alebebelaiaziziz tweets to make 155, with mysterious doctors approving them/administering
- chooses to fight a fighter who didn't even train vs. the approved backup
- complains there's no one at LW, despite ranked LW fighters and 0 title defenses
- his retard fanbase pretends the second volk fight is a legitimate win
- the worst LW champion ever, of all time, 0 title defenses against his own division
- and you're moronic ass, throwing insults first, then mad when it's dished back. hypocritical, disingenuous.
- cry more and cope
Solid post

Need to see more of this on this board

These current Islam Stan's reminds me of all the people who said Woodley was better than gsp when he was champ. Now that Woodley doesn't have the belt we can look back at his reign and say it was very weak. That is what will happen to Islam.

Great. His goal should be to break Khabib's title defense record and then add on a few more to cement himself as lightweight GOAT.

We already had to deal with the disappointment of Khabib retiring too early and now Islam is talking about leaving the division. What happened to being a dominant champ? Jones, GSP, Silva, Aldo, Mighty Mouse. These are careers that every fighter should aspire to.

I'd be far more interested in Islam moving up to another division if he had a career like those names.
The disappointment of Khabib retiring early, give me a break

13 fights in 8 years. Thank God Khabib retired, would hate to have the division held up even more or only see the LW title up for grabs 1.625 times a year 😂

The disappointment of Khabib retiring early, give me a break

13 fights in 8 years. Thank God Khabib retired, would hate to have the division held up even more or only see the LW title up for grabs 1.625 times a year 😂
What a strange stat to pull up, He spent 3 of those years battling an injury before he was ever in the title picture. He didn't hold up the division, unless you count NSAC suspending him for jumping over the cage.

Solid post

Need to see more of this on this board

These current Islam Stan's reminds me of all the people who said Woodley was better than gsp when he was champ. Now that Woodley doesn't have the belt we can look back at his reign and say it was very weak. That is what will happen to Islam.
100%. even if he beats DP, which probably most likely, it doesn't even mean shite. DP got murked by Gaethje, who got murked by Max. Arman was the fight to make, but they couldn't wait a little more, even though all Islam does is wait. Shady tactics, where there is smoke, there is islam and abadelalaaizizz gaming the system.

Very cool if he fights Poirier and then Arman after that. On the other hand, I hate hearing any division belt holders dismiss fighters in the top 10 that they've never fought for reasons. I don't mind if a champ wants to switch divisions but only if it's a permanent dedicated run, not a one-off cherry pick. Make us proud, Islam. Just don't embarrass your fans like Jon Jones has.

Fuck this entire era of champs.

Bunch of fucking spoiled brats that want free title shots without defending.

Also fuck Conor for starting this bullshit.
Defend at least once, then go after other titles.

Why not fight twice per year in both weight classes and keep both belts.

Is Leon ever going to fight again?

Defend at least once, then go after other titles.

Why not fight twice per year in both weight classes and keep both belts.
Lmao champs can't fight twice a year as it is. Izzy was the only active champ of the past two years and even he probably couldn't do it if he had won the fight with Jan. There's also been no champ who's moved up and been able to dominate the division above. Conor lost, DC lost, Cejudo lost when he returned, etc.

Champ champ fights should be rare, between two fighters who have both cleaned out their division. Silva v GSP is the only one we really needed to see.

Lmao champs can't fight twice a year as it is. Izzy was the only active champ of the past two years and even he probably couldn't do it if he had won the fight with Jan. There's also been no champ who's moved up and been able to dominate the division above. Conor lost, DC lost, Cejudo lost when he returned, etc.

Champ champ fights should be rare, between two fighters who have both cleaned out their division. Silva v GSP is the only one we really needed to see.
Agree.
But champs should fight more. Why not twice per year?

Islam acting like there's no contendors you just spent the last 2 years fighting volk .. fight more if you were active you could a got the gaethje fight

The LW division suddenly got a lot less interesting when a blown-up featherweight dominated and sparked out the top contender. The talent there got heavily overrated I guess.

The LW division suddenly got a lot less interesting when a blown-up featherweight dominated and sparked out the top contender. The talent there got heavily overrated I guess.

LW has historically been the most overrated division. Because the skill level of the top guys has often been close people wrongfully conclude that it means the level is high.

Back