Shouldn't gaethje fight the winner of Dariush vs. Tsarukyan?

Should the ufc make gaethje vs. Dariush/tsarukyan winner?

• No. Let gaethje wait for a title fight or fight FW Max

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Yes, book number 1 contender fight between gaethje and dariush/arman winner

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters
I'm actually a big gaethje fan and I was laughing at the notion that people suggested gaethje's leg kicks wouldn't work on Fiziev just because Fiziev has a muy thai guy. I've been supporting gaethje since his debut and calling him more technical than his reputation for ages.

I defend gaethje against the comments of @rjmbrd all the time.

I have nothing against gaethje, but this is him trying to earn a third title shot -- he just lost two within the past 3 years -- surely it is okay to ask a guy to go on more than a two fight win streak to earn a third try?

And again, he may have the best case for a title shot right now, but will he after he waits out a year? I do not know, and I think him waiting has a good chances of log jamming the rest of the division.

How is he log jamming?
Fuckin dude just beat the #1 guy in the division...and finished him.
Im not sure who he is supposed to fight, or who you think he should fight tbh sir.

How is he log jamming?
Fuckin dude just beat the #1 guy in the division...and finished him.
Im not sure who he is supposed to fight, or who you think he should fight tbh sir.

Not fighting for a year while healthy means there's yet another top 5 guy being innactive. How is that not log jamming? How can the division progress when guys at the top are waiting out?

My suggestion for who he should fight is in the title of this thread.....

I get that I'm the odd man out here, but people are acting like I'm saying the moon is made out of cheese just because I want to see fighters be active and keep the division moving.

Not fighting for a year while healthy means there's yet another top 5 guy being innactive. How is that not log jamming? How can the division progress when guys at the top are waiting out?

My suggestion for who he should fight is in the title of this thread.....

I get that I'm the odd man out here, but people are acting like I'm saying the moon is made out of cheese just because I want to see fighters be active and keep the division moving.

Yeah well if Dariush wins they won't fight because "they're friends".

The UFC is doing to themselves and Im starting to find it funnier and funnier tbh sir.

Yeah well if Dariush wins they won't fight because "they're friends".

The UFC is doing to themselves and Im starting to find it funnier and funnier tbh sir.

You'll appreciate this then. Aljo was offered a handful of guys at FW, but said he might only accept kattar because all the other guys the ufc offered were his friends lol. How many fucking friends does this guy have????

Anyways, yeah, I'm just not that happy with matchmaking lately in general. Oh well, I'll still watch.

You'll appreciate this then. Aljo was offered a handful of guys at FW, but said he might only accept kattar because all the other guys the ufc offered were his friends lol. How many fucking friends does this guy have????

Anyways, yeah, I'm just not that happy with matchmaking lately in general. Oh well, I'll still watch.

"How many fuckin friends does this guy have?"..... lmfao
I feel like this about a lot of these guys tbh sir.

Matchmaking has been hit or miss for a bit actually.
Here's hoping this new year brings the heat man.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the fam ;)

Fiziev is not, was not, and never was top 5.

Ask me again after a year, which is how long gaethje will be waiting out. Arman will fight multiple times by then, bsd just fought 3 times in 4 months, so who knows what his resume looks like by then. There's plenty of possibilities that gaethje waiting out causes a log jam.

Though, your requirement of two top 5 wins will be hard to meet since dariush is the only one ready and willing to fight anymore

The top 5 is

Charles: supposedly fighting for the title.
gaethje: sitting out
Dustin: only takes money fights
Dariush: only guy taking on contenders
Chandler: innactive

Again, I'm not saying gaethje hasn't deserved his 3rd title shot (if he was next, I'd be fine with it) but has he deserved it so much so that he can sit out a year on it and partake in clogging this division? I'd just rather see things moving, and I don't think it's unfair to ask a guy who has failed his last two title shots miserably to have to add another win to his resume in the meantime.
The only reason he has to sit out a year is because the champion fights only 2x a year regardless of the outcome of his fights.Islam didn;t take a single strike in his last fight. He easily could have turned around and fought 4-8 weeks later against Charles and Gaethje early next year to keep the division moving. Instead he is talking about moving up as opposed to just racking up some alledgedly easy title defences.

That bum Arman doesn’t deserve a Justin fight.

dariush vs arman is such shitty match making

dariush just lost a ts, arman is on the come up. they should be miles apart, dariush should be facing people like dustin, chandler or fiziev

arman needs to face another contender on the come up, i wouldn mind justin vs arman for the next TS

dariush vs arman is such shitty match making

dariush just lost a ts, arman is on the come up. they should be miles apart, dariush should be facing people like dustin, chandler or fiziev

arman needs to face another contender on the come up, i wouldn mind justin vs arman for the next TS

When did Dariush fight for a title sir?...did I Rip Van Winkle through something?

i meant he lost a ts fight against charles

Which he shouldn't have been fighting in the first place considering he was on a 8 fight win streak sir.

Charles had no business getting that fight after losing to Islam.
Dariush fought for and earned a title shot.

Which he shouldn't have been fighting in the first place considering he was on a 8 fight win streak sir.

Charles had no business getting that fight after losing to Islam.
Dariush fought for and earned a title shot.

i agree, charles should be fighting down the division after that title loss
islam vs dariush should had happened

The only reason he has to sit out a year is because the champion fights only 2x a year regardless of the outcome of his fights.Islam didn;t take a single strike in his last fight. He easily could have turned around and fought 4-8 weeks later against Charles and Gaethje early next year to keep the division moving. Instead he is talking about moving up as opposed to just racking up some alledgedly easy title defences.
True!
The champ can’t make the cut back to back, probably can’t even make the cut outside of Abu Dhabi anymore. That’s why he is jamming the division and talking about 170 belt.

Meanwhile Charles is beating all the contenders and clearing the division, I would not be surprized if Gamrots big fight would be against Charles. Charles has wins against all the top 5 and Gamrot would just be next in line for him. And some people say he should fight down in the rankings and has not earned his shot? How much down should it be? Top 15, like the current champs wins in the division?

True!
The champ can’t make the cut back to back, probably can’t even make the cut outside of Abu Dhabi anymore. That’s why he is jamming the division and talking about 170 belt.

Meanwhile Charles is beating all the contenders and clearing the division, I would not be surprized if Gamrots big fight would be against Charles. Charles has wins against all the top 5 and Gamrot would just be next in line for him. And some people say he should fight down in the rankings and has not earned his shot? How much down should it be? Top 15, like the current champs wins in the division?

I don't support contenders waiting for shots normally, but you can't blame the division when it's the champion who isn't fighting ranked guys.
It's the same thing that Islam complained about previously before he got a shot at the belt and saying all thse guys ducked him even though he was signed to fight ranked or semi ranked guys multiple times.

The guy should just turn up every 3 months and keep taking out contenders because apparently he is that good.

With the rumors of islam vs. Charles 2 being next, wouldn't it make all the sense in the world to keep the LW division moving and book a true number one contender bout between the winner of dariush/arman and gaethje?

It makes plenty of sense timeline wise. Islam and charles 2 isn't even booked yet. So you could likely book gaethje and the winner of dariush/arman around the same time as that title fight, and then have the winners fight.

The alternatives is just a lot of waiting, or gaethje having a fun fight against max, but that fight doesn't really do much for keeping the top of the LW division moving.

I realize a lot of people think gaethje should wait, but the guy is only on a two fight win steak since his last title fight. This will be his third chance at a undisputed title, so it seems like asking him to go on a streak longer than wins Is fair.

What do you guys think?
I wasn't even aware of Islam/Charles 2 rumors. If this is the direction then Gaethje should absolutely fight again.

He won't though. He's not exactly the most active fighter on the roster and he's been more than willing to wait before.

That timeline has the winner of dariush/arman only fighting once in all of 2024.....all because gaethje wants to wait, so they must wait too? That's my problem with it, gaethje waiting slows everything else beneath him down.

That is one slow ass moving division man, but every one seems fine with gaethje getting two wins, then waiting a year for his 3rd title shot in the past 3 years.

I guess I'm the odd man out here wanting to see them all stay busy. Oh well, all is good

Well, I think you gotta look at it from a different perspective as well. Besides Gaethje, consider how much Arman and Dariush actually want to fight next year. Unless you're on their team, you never really know, however, I think it's a safe assumption to make that they don't want to be too active to risk losing their position. In addition, both are fighting towards the end of this year, so they wont fight again till at least spring/summer. Therefore, their lack of activity next year is affected by the timing of their Dec 2nd fight as well.

Most fighters are very active moving up the ranks, but once they reach top contender status, they limit their activity as the fights are bigger and more important. So I don't think either guy is going to want to be too active and risk losing their spot. And eventually, fighters that feel they've done enough, just wait, as they should. Arman/Dariush winner fights someone like Poirier next year, and if they win, they're gonna wanna fight.

And the division will move along. You gotta a few guys that are up there already and you have new prospects entering.

You Islam stans can't even be honest that you want to avoid certain matchups.

Sad.

You Islam stans can't even be honest that you want to avoid certain matchups.

Sad.

Am I the islam stan in this scenario? Lol. I'd much rather islam fight all these guys, but I don't want the whole division to move at Islam's pace.

I don't support contenders waiting for shots normally, but you can't blame the division when it's the champion who isn't fighting ranked guys.
It's the same thing that Islam complained about previously before he got a shot at the belt and saying all thse guys ducked him even though he was signed to fight ranked or semi ranked guys multiple times.

The guy should just turn up every 3 months and keep taking out contenders because apparently he is that good.

I am not blaming gaethje. I've just accepted that islam is in a position of much greater leverage, so he is more enabled to do whatever he wants, unfortunately. Gaethje on the other hand does not have all the benefits and power that come with being a champ, yet wants to sit out twice as long as the champ. I think it is fair to ask him to fight again.

Back