Who should get the next title shot at 155?

CashMoney1991

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
We have 3 big fights coming up for the 155 division, you got Dustin vs St Denis next Saturday and Max vs Justin along with Charles vs Arman at UFC 300. This is probably how it will go:

1) Winner of Max vs Justin will more than likely get the shot since both are exciting fighters and have fans, Justin would be on a 3 fight win streak if he wins so no doubt he would be most deserving in that case and has never faced Islam, I could see Max getting the shot if he wins and I would be ok with that especially if the winner of this fight looks impressive

2) Charles vs Arman- IF Charles wins but Justin loses, I can see an argument for giving Charles the shot since he was supposed to rematch Islam a couple months ago

3) Dustin shouldn't be anywhere near a title shot even if he wins since he wouldnt be on a streak compared to the other guys mentioned

4) I highly doubt either St Denis or Arman get the shot even if they win since they aren't well known yet and haven't beaten anyone that good yet, I could see the UFC maybe having these two go at it for a number 1 contender spot if they both win

Very possible that the winner of BSD-Poirier is who gets it. Simply cause Islam wants to fight in June, specifically requesting 302 and its only 7 weeks after 300.

One of the 300 winners will probably fight him in Abu Dhabi in October.

Arman would be a rematch for Islam but it would be more interesting than Charles 2 since their first fight was a couple years back

Arman was about 22 years old and took the fight on short notice for a UFC contract. It was very similar to what Bekzat did for the Umar fight. Also, if you watched the fight, Arman arguably outstruck Islam over the first two rounds and tha gif of the beautiful trip to Mount from Islam was misleading, Arman was able to wrestle from bottom and get back to his feet in like 20 seconds. It was only once Arman gassed in the later 2nd round and especially 3rd Islam pulled away with it. Super competitive fight.

Charles on the other hand seemed lost vs Islam, he was going for takedowns where he'd get counter and took to the mat. He was closing the distance of his volition and getting tied up, he was still pot shotting with singular big strikes vs a pure counter striker in Islam. My God, I saw nothing in their fight that made me want a rematch.

If Charles kills Arman I have NO issue with that rematch.

If Justin beats max and looks like a world beater he can sit out and have next.

If Denis beats Dustin then you have him sit and maybe him a bone for UFC paris and build towards him v Islam.

Dustin would need another high level W with the win.

Arman can sneak into the convo if he looks good but I'm not sure.

If max wins and wants the TS you can give it to him off legacy but he would get strangled quickly.

I think it all depends on who gets the more emphatic win between Gaethje and Oliveira (if they both win their next fights). It will be a flavour of the month on the UFC's part.

Personally, I hope Gaethje gets the title shot.

It has to be Oliviera or Arman. Beating Beniel and Arman is more than enough for Chuck. And Arman beating Oliviera alone is enough to get the TS imo.

I like the Gaethje fight as well, but while a win over Dustin is great and a huge name, I don't think I value it as much as a win over Charles or a win over Benny and Arman.

We will see. A lot can change between those fights and whenever Makhchave returns.

I think the title shot should go to the winner of Charles vs arman.

It's gotta be the winner of Charles / Arman. JG doesn't deserve it on his current streak imo (a good streak on paper, but Max at LW and DP aren't enough to earn a title shot imo). and he was choked out by olives not so long ago.
So give it to the winner of Charles / Arman, and the next contender fight is between the winner of JG/Max and St Denis /Dustin. Ideally it doesn't lead to more rematches between JG/DP/Max but that is looking inevitable at this point with current LW matchmaking.

Back