Chael will be the first 240lb light heavyweight fighter

The video is fake, but gaining 45lbs of _weight_ after a weigh in isn't. Water alone, maybe. You must remember a fighter empties his stomach for a weigh in, so after rehydrating and eating 45lb for a serious weight cutter is within realm.

Like I said though, Chael will be the first legit 240lb fighter to make light heavy weight. He has made the same deep water cut for middleweight, this time he doesn't have to cut muscle in the fight camp. Could be the best Chael we have seen.

20% is pretty much the limit for a water cut and is a stupid cut.

20% out of 240 is 192...

15% out of 230 gets you down to 195.

Take a look at the flyweights:

http://www.mmaplayground.com/discus...ccall-gains-pounds-day-weigh-ins-53331p1.html

Sonnen is just like Fedor - fighting guys bigger than him. Love it.

Mike Dolce was also the first 190 lbs man to squat 500 lbs for 20 reps beltless.

hahaha and some people still think TRT is anything other than BS.

TRT has allowed him to grow muscle. But the weight cutting techniques he uses is quite advanced and is what will allow him to cut from 240lb to 205lb in April.

At 25 Chael was around 202lb iirc, so obviously weight training and TRT has helped him hit 240lb.

Sonnen is just like Fedor - fighting guys bigger than him. Love it.

yeah just like Fedor, except that Sonnen sucks and is planning on weighing 35 lbs over the weight limit on fight night to give himself the slightest of chances at victory.

Okay, you cannot be loaded up with "TRT" or inject "TRT" into yourself. "TRT" is short for testosterone replacement therapy. It's for people with naturally lower levels of testosterone. Chael Sonnen actually has a disease called hypogonadism, and he has to undergo this therapy just to survive. So yes, tell me how Chael Sonnen has an unfair advantage over a man with who is a weight class bigger and owns the longest reach in UFC history again?

So much bad information in this thread.

Seriously. The fact that anyone believes Titos vid, or Dolce saying Sonnen is a ripped 240 is just awesome though.

Sonnen isn't that heavy, and will lose no matter what he weighs.

First post shed the light on a retarded OP. To hear it told by Overeem apologists, he used to cut down from 250 when he fought at 205. Both Tito and Chuck were seriously large weight cutters.

What on earth are you talking about???
Overeem was 225 in his first heavyweight fights.

So you seriously think he cut from 250 to 205....?
C'mon be serious..

Who cares? Let him roid up so bad his ears develop lats. He's still getting spanked by Bones.

yeah just like Fedor, except that Sonnen sucks and is planning on weighing 35 lbs over the weight limit on fight night to give himself the slightest of chances at victory.

Yes. Because the weight he's at now is surely the same weight he'll be cutting from and stepping in the cage at. Troll or stupid?

If he is going to be that big it will probably slow him down considerably.

What on earth are you talking about???
Overeem was 225 in his first heavyweight fights.

So you seriously think he cut from 250 to 205....?
C'mon be serious..

It was hyperbolic to go along with the retarded OP - try to keep up.

Sonnen sucks? Explain how he "sucks," sir.

Yes. Because the weight he's at now is surely the same weight he'll be cutting from and stepping in the cage at. Troll or stupid?

What I was trying to make clear is that Sonnen heavily relies on size advantages when competing, which is the complete opposite of what Fedor did in his career.

I love how people think taking TRT is equivalent to doing a cycle of DECA or any other steroid.

Chael walked around at around 230 inbetween fights at middleweight, now that he has no restrictions on his diet, i'm sure he put on 7 pounds of fat and 3 pounds of muscle, not hard to gain 10 pounds under his circumstances...

Mike Dolce was also the first 190 lbs man to squat 500 lbs for 20 reps beltless.

I'm not sure if you're serious or if this is sarcasm to point out that Dolce makes outrageous claims on a regular basis.

Back