Chael will be the first 240lb light heavyweight fighter

he can weight 500 lbs of pure muscle with a gorilla on a leash, he's still not beating jones.

so if he contracted staph, and had to take drugs to fight off the staph, then the person should not be a professional athlete anymore?

Thought we were talking about adding testosterone to the body?

If you have to take drugs to make it a level playing field, you probably shouldn't be a professional athlete. They'll eventually crack down on TRT use.

This guy's got a point. I'm in my early 30s and I know zero people (friends or aquaintances) that need TRT. I have friends that are doctors and some who work in the pharmaceutical industry and they all attest to the fact that it's extremely rare for a man in his 30s to actually need TRT. So why is it so common in MMA among all these men who appear to be in their physical primes? C'mon, something smells fishy here....

chael is only like 6 feet tall he would like like pat barry at 240 pounds of muscle and fat, but it could help him power through his double legs against jones like rashad should have done.

THIS. Chael uses TRT is simply him levelling the playing field, he's not using it to gain an advantage just to get back to what normal adult males levels are. People are so uneducated about TRT, so much information out there on it, just most people would rather shake their finger and scream steroids than actually educate themselves on it.

Do I get to level the playing f

Anderson needs to fight ppl his own size though!

i presumed we wernt as you used the word drugs, not testosterone.

also it's not adding, it's replacing. you do not add tesosterone, you replace it.

Except when you use TRT and get tested they don't care about your T to E ratio which means it can be anything. You could be super roided for all they know, or you could be just topping up the depletion.

Personally I don't care if fighters are on TRT or steroids or HGH, there are weight classes for a reason and there are theoretical limits on weight cutting. Furthermore guys on the good medication fight more and can fight better which is all I'm interested in. Steroids don't allow you to fit into a weight class any better, they just add muscle and bone density and allow you to train longer and harder. You're still very limited by your frame, ie your genetics, and in many cases over the top steroid use is detrimental to a fighter.

If I cared for their longtime health I probably wouldn't support a sport where guys went in there to damage each others brains and body in the first place. Worrying about the effects of these drugs on them is kinda secondary to what they do to each other in the cage. It's like Fox worrying about middle fingers when they are bashing each others face in.

Doesn't mean he will fight at 240. What will his end of camp weight be? Pre water weight cut?

Doesn't mean he will fight at 240. What will his end of camp weight be? Pre water weight cut?

240lb is what Chael is going to water cut from. He used to cut 35lb of water to fight at middleweight (fight night he was 217 according to Dolce) so do the math.

The way Chael and Dolce cut water weight differs from what most people know. Dolce puts Chael on a low carb diet the week leading up to the fight so he drops about 20lb of water naturally from his muscles (glycogen in muscles is used up which in turn drops water from muscle). So he only needs to cut 15lb of water the old fashioned sauna/dehydrating way 24 hours before the weigh in. I also believe Dolce uses a colonic cleanse on many of his clients not sure about Chael in particular but it wouldn't surprise me.

Weight in MMA is like height in pro wrestling, unless I personally saw a scale right before they stepped in the ring I don't believe half the numbers thrown around.

You see so many silly quotes thrown around by people in the industry; remember when Goldie said that Maynard weight 200lbs?

The real question is how much will Jones weigh during fight time, since I hear he is going on the Anderson diet.

anderson-silva-burger.jpg

Back