Chael will be the first 240lb light heavyweight fighter

Besides.....Sonnen said himself just the other week in the internet interview he did with Jones....that he weighs 230lbs.

Chael does not weigh 240.......he weighs 230.

He will lose a little bit of weight in training camp and then he will cut about 20lbs for the weigh in.

They get whatever dose the doctor thinks is relevant, not necessarily 100mg. To fight in the UFC your T to E ratio needs to be under 4:1 so finding a doctor that gets you close to that would be in your best interest without breaking any rules. Furthermore any fighter with a TRT exempetion doesn't even need to follow the 4:1 ratio, so it's hard to know from a pee test what Chael's actual testosterone rating is.

nah meltzer told us that you don't have to be under 6:1 T/E when on TRT.

Bassicaly it's mask for takin Testosterone

What I was trying to make clear is that Sonnen heavily relies on size advantages when competing, which is the complete opposite of what Fedor did in his career.

Ah, so you've spoken with Chael about his thought-process? Well you know more than I do, good sir.

The post after yours has your answer.

Tito is an old school wrestler who can cut weight with the best of them, especially using IVs.

WTF is "on the obvious sauce with" meant to fucking mean? Spend too much time on 4Chan?

Oh yeah:

http://www.grapplearts.com/Blog/2012/03/how-to-cut-and-make-weight/

Thanks for the 1990s article on how to cut weight. Welcome to 2012. Merely going on a low carb diet will drop 10 to 20lb of water weight without doing _anything_ else. This isn't mentioned in the article which shows how old and out dated it is.

Why is this thread still going?

I told you it was garbage about 7 pages ago.

The very idea that middleweight Chael will be heavier than the heaviest versions of Jon Jones, Rampage Jackson, Tito Ortiz and Forrest Griffin is just stupid.

Besides.....Sonnen said himself just the other week in the internet interview he did with Jones....that he weighs 230lbs.

Chael does not weigh 240.......he weighs 230.

He will lose a little bit of weight in training camp and then he will cut about 20lbs for the weigh in.

No. He will weigh 240lb a few days out and lose 35lb of weight (water and other) . He is going to gain mass from now to April, not lose it.

Chael already knows how much he can cut in water and other, he is going to seek the maximum strength advantage possible because that is what he does.

Em pretty sure Tito and Rampage have entered the cage at whatever weight Chael will against Jones. Are you suggesting Chael is going to be the biggest LHW ever?

Rampage wasn't ever bigger than Tito. Even Hampage in the Evans fight wasn't bigger than Tito.

The very idea that middleweight Chael will be heavier than the heaviest versions of Jon Jones, Rampage Jackson, Tito Ortiz and Forrest Griffin is just stupid.

lol "I told you so its true" <-- sums up majority of sherdog posters.

Rampage wasn't ever bigger than Tito. Even Hampage in the Evans fight wasn't bigger than Tito.

Agreed. Tito was a great weight cutter but Chael has more knowledge and more tools. He will be the biggest to grace LHW. I'm sure in the future we will see bigger.

I have a question for people who have fought or at least know about weight cutting. Is it true that fighters who cut a lot of weight use IV bags after they weigh in to rehydrate themselves?

A top 5 MW in the world sucks ... Fucking unbelievable ...

Oh so should we now give Nate Diaz a title shot vs GSP? He's a top 5 lightweight and just lost a title shot there.

Compared to Fedor, compared to Jones, Sonnen absolutely sucks. He will get destroyed so badly I don't even think he'll be able to continue his career after the beatdown he'll receive on April 27th.

Chael weighs more than Jones Jones, end of thread.

Mediocre record, limited skillset.

He outstruck Bisping on the feet (look at the Fightmetric). What he does well (wrestling) he does better than 99% of the fighters in mma. That's not a bad skillset to have. He's also beaten 3 Top Ten fighters at the time (Okami, Marquardt, Bisping). Smarten up!

I have a question for people who have fought or at least know about weight cutting. Is it true that fighters who cut a lot of weight use IV bags after they weigh in to rehydrate themselves?

Yes. Doctors who get drunk also put themselves on IV bags to overcome hangovers. Going on IV bags isn't that big a deal.

Mediocre record, limited skillset.

Mediocre record?

Wins over Nate Marquardt, Michael Bisping, Yushin Okami, and Brian Stann and only losing to Anderson Silva in your last 6 fights is pretty damn impressive. If Anderson Silva retired, Chael Sonnen would be the best at the Middleweight division right now.

I've got a question....has anyone actually seen Chael with his top off at this so called '240lbs'.....people keep saying he's lean and ripped.....but we've only actually seen his arms.

I've got a question....has anyone actually seen Chael with his top off at this so called '240lbs'.....people keep saying he's lean and ripped.....but we've only actually seen his arms.

He did look huge in the latest VLOG with Dana. Dwarfed Jones when sitting next to him, but sitting comparisons aren't easy to make and Jones is coming off an arm injury.

The weigh ins will be where everyone notices or perhaps the ultimate fighter episodes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back