Chael will be the first 240lb light heavyweight fighter

I don't know about 240 Chael is not that big.. Maybe 225..

I have a question for people who have fought or at least know about weight cutting. Is it true that fighters who cut a lot of weight use IV bags after they weigh in to rehydrate themselves?

Sometimes

He did look huge in the latest VLOG with Dana. Dwarfed Jones when sitting next to him, but sitting comparisons aren't easy to make and Jones is coming off an arm injury.

The weigh ins will be where everyone notices or perhaps the ultimate fighter episodes.

He definately looks huge, but how do we know he hasn't got a shogun belly under those big t shirts?

Chael at 240 would look like Daniel Cormier.

His body type is not large enough to be ripped at that heavy of a weight.

He's under 240 walking around isn't he...? I thought it was about 235. But I doubt he'll rehydrate much more than being 220-something by fight night.

Somebody shoop Overeem's torso on to Chael's body, because that's what a ripped 240 Chael would look like.

I'm more inclined to believe Chael than i am Dolce.

Chael says he is 230.

Dolce says he is 240.

Chael will gas with 30 seconds....that extra weight won't do him any good.

Last edited:
I met Cheal a week and a half ago, and he was monstrous. He was so big, my first thought was that he was just a big dude that looked like Chael. And he wasn't fat at all.

Yes, please do your research on TRT. Replacement therapy is so bad ass that sonnen should have pushed Silva down with one hand and Mir should have thrown JDS out into the crowd. The levels that these guys are taking (the legal doses) might give you a better better physique, but you not going to pound on 50 pounds like Overeem. If you are 30 and on TRT, your T levels are the same as the 23 year old opponent, then whats the difference? Other then the 23 year old dude's balls aren't shriveled up like raisins and sterile.

What does it matter, Jones walks through him, period. Btw wasn't Bonnar way bigger than Silva as well as being on steroids in that fight?

Here is 240 lbs Chaelastair:
over.jpg

He outstruck Bisping on the feet (look at the Fightmetric). What he does well (wrestling) he does better than 99% of the fighters in mma. That's not a bad skillset to have.

Too bad he lost the fight against Bisping (on several media scorings) while outstriking Bisping.

That doesn't really bode well for a fight against Jones at a heavier weightclass against a far superior wrestler and striker.

I'm a huge Chael fan but there's not much he's going to be able to do against Jones. Jones game plan has never been to try and match strength with his opponent, it's been to pick them apart with unconventional striking from the outside and then bust their ass when they are wounded. If Chael thought Anderson was rough on him standing up, he's gonna shit bricks when Jones gets ahold of him.

And like I said, I'm a huge Chael fan, but Jones is an awful match up for him, or almost anyone for that matter.

I'm not sure if you're serious or if this is sarcasm to point out that Dolce makes outrageous claims on a regular basis.

It's one of his ridiculous outrageous claims. It's in black and white in an article he wrote for "Train Hard, Fight Easy" magazine. The guy is completely full of shit.

First of all Vinny Maghalaes already debunked that 240lb rumour and said Chael was actually 234lbs that very day. They train together and Vinny posts on sherdog.

secondly:

Tito 250lbs for the Rogerio fight.

You sir, are a fucking idiot.

OT: Chael is not going to be 240 in the cage.

Sonnen might not be 240 but I bet he's up there. He was already probably the biggest MW.

Back